Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we agree- our coaches are not elite
In the Pats game against Buffalo, Marquis Flowers ( yes the Bengals very own) had ten tackles and two sacks.

Just read this in Peter King's column.

How is this even possible?

Coaching is the only explanation.

Is it not possible that Bodine, Og and Fisher might be way better if they played for the Pats or Steelers.

( and if they weren't better they would have been cut a long time ago)

Don't forget that our great judge of talent O line coach and Marvin cut the guy who is currently serving as the left tackle for the Steelers.

I have no idea how or why any of the staff should be retained .

Or why Mike Brown would not bring in a new head coach who comes from a tradition of winning and give him the authority to hire all of his own coaches.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I didn't think the jury was still out on that one.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 07:17 PM)bengals67 Wrote: In the Pats game against Buffalo, Marquis Flowers ( yes the Bengals very own) had ten tackles and two sacks.

Just read this in Peter King's column.

How is this even possible?

Coaching is the only explanation.

Is it not possible that Bodine, Og and Fisher might be way better if they played for the Pats or Steelers.

( and if they weren't better they would have been cut a long time ago)

Don't forget that our great judge of talent O line coach and Marvin cut the guy who is currently serving as the left tackle for the Steelers.

I have no idea how or why any of the staff should be retained .

Or why Mike Brown would not bring in a new head coach who comes from a tradition of winning and give him the authority to hire all of his own coaches.

It seems to happen quite often. YES! The Bengals coaches are definitely NOT ELITE --far from it. Keep up the s****y work ,Mikey. Hooray for the Bengals!
Reply/Quote
Is there anything elite about this organization?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 07:17 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I have no idea how or why any of the staff should be retained .

Been asking myself that for the last 10 years.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Question, did Lewis say he won't be back or is this just media or fan speculation ? And if it is true, how does everyone see the end or final moments for Marvin ? Pissed off attitude, say nothing at all ? Tearful eyes or bullshit talk how he appreciated everything and blah, blah, blah ? One final question, do you think he will be picked up as a head coach by another team and by whom ?
Reply/Quote
Yes I agree. But as Lama said, Is the jury still out on this one? I know there are a few clinging to the thought that Marvin and Mike may not be the issue, although not both names in the same post. Like and either or thing, but I'm sold, have been sold, beyond a shadow of a doubt this organization needs stripped from top to bottom. Yes, even Katie and that's not a "see what I did there moment." I would actually like to see a new owner. Maybe Jerry Jones is in the market for a new team. However, I doubt the NFL allows an owner to own 2 teams. Haven't really researched that one.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 08:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes I agree. But as Lama said, Is the jury still out on this one? I know there are a few clinging to the thought that Marvin and Mike may not be the issue, although not both names in the same post. Like and either or thing, but I'm sold, have been sold, beyond a shadow of a doubt this organization needs stripped from top to bottom. Yes, even Katie and that's not a "see what I did there moment." I would actually like to see a new owner. Maybe Jerry Jones is in the market for a new team. However, I doubt the NFL allows an owner to own 2 teams. Haven't really researched that one.

An NFL owner cannot own 2 NFL teams at once. However, that doesn't mean other professional sports owners can't own an NFL team.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
HarleyDog, you made good points. I seldom talk about ownership because, there is little to nothing you can do about them. You can ***** up a storm about coaches, players and think it might come to something but, the owners of a team, we are stuck with them. There's a reason why some teams are constantly successful and I think it goes back to ownership. A good to great coach, draft selections is just as important. None of that matters if the ownership isn't full steam ahead with wanting to win. Too much crap in my opinion has happened with the Bengals through the years with, out of hand players, not spending money on needed players or not jumping up in drafts or free agency. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe the grass looks greener on the other side but, it seems I notice other teams being more aggressive when it comes to wanting what it takes to get to the top. I don't think Lewis is a bad coach but I don't think he is a coach that makes the tough choices to right the ship. Then I ask myself, maybe he's not allowed.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 08:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes I agree. But as Lama said, Is the jury still out on this one? I know there are a few clinging to the thought that Marvin and Mike may not be the issue, although not both names in the same post. Like and either or thing, but I'm sold, have been sold, beyond a shadow of a doubt this organization needs stripped from top to bottom. Yes, even Katie and that's not a "see what I did there moment." I would actually like to see a new owner. Maybe Jerry Jones is in the market for a new team. However, I doubt the NFL allows an owner to own 2 teams. Haven't really researched that one.

I don't think there's any shortage of rich guys wanting to buy football teams. Hell even Jon BonJovi came close to buying the Bills. The shortage is with owners willing to SELL their teams, and I don't see any reason MB would want to do that any time soon. He's practically printing money. Best we can hope for is a diminished role on his part. 
Reply/Quote
Darrin Simmons MAY be the most "elite" coach we have.......otherwise the cabinets are pretty empty on the coaching front.....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 08:47 PM)BMK Wrote: I don't think there's any shortage of rich guys wanting to buy football teams. Hell even Jon BonJovi came close to buying the Bills. The shortage is with owners willing to SELL their teams, and I don't see any reason MB would want to do that any time soon. He's practically printing money. Best we can hope for is a diminished role on his part. 

I own 1 bullet. It is held in a safe place for the day I take myself out. You just made me want to polish it and give it a date. Good lord that's depressing.

Seriously, I don't own a bullet, was being all drama and stuff. HEHE. But it was still depressing. Maybe a cliff is in the future?

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 09:03 PM)corpjet Wrote: Darrin Simmons MAY be the most "elite" coach we have.......otherwise the cabinets are pretty empty on the coaching front.....

I read something, somewhere (maybe here, espn, yahoo, whatever, I drink ok?), where he may be up near the top of the list as Marvin's replacement. Is that a good thing? 

Reply/Quote
We have an elite DC; unfortunately, he's our HC.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 09:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We have an elite DC; unfortunately, he's our HC.

I don't think that is accurate either. Maybe he excelled as DC in a better run organization.
Reply/Quote
Without any shadow of a doubt !

I said it two seasons ago and again last year and got light weight flamed about it. But all things considered, I'll say again, we have the worst coaching staff in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Dilly Dilly !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Do not have an elite front office either.

Would be happy with an average one at this moment in time.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 09:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We have an elite DC; unfortunately, he's our HC.

LMAO.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Elite?  Hell, they're not even good.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote