Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we agree- our coaches are not elite
Player development has been a huge issue under this regime. Think of all the "project" draft picks they've taken that have all the measurables and physical attributes and just needed some time to develop. How many of those have panned out? Heck, think of just regular non-project draft picks that saw little to no improvement. Ogbuehi, PJ Dawson, Marcus Hardison, Will Clarke, Margus Hunt, Brandon Thompson, Dontay Moch, etc.

And how many guys have you seen show strong potential but get little playing time, only to watch them go to another team and excel?

As for the few holding onto hope (for reasons I don't understand) that Marvin Lewis will be back, understand this: the Bengals are currently dead last in the league in home attendance at ~53,000/game. I'm sure Mikey boy knows this, and recognizes that changes are needed if he wants anybody filing those seats next year.
Reply/Quote
Elite? Elite!?

Hell they're not even mediocre! This is quite honestly one of the worst coaching staffs in the league.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 07:17 PM)bengals67 Wrote: In the Pats game against Buffalo, Marquis Flowers ( yes the Bengals very own) had ten tackles and two sacks.

Just read this in Peter King's column.

How is this even possible?

Coaching is the only explanation.

Is it not possible that Bodine, Og and Fisher might be way better if they played for the Pats or Steelers.

( and if they weren't better they would have been cut a long time ago)

Don't forget that our great judge of talent O line coach and Marvin cut the guy who is currently serving as the left tackle for the Steelers.

I have no idea how or why any of the staff should be retained .

Or why Mike Brown would not bring in a new head coach who comes from a tradition of winning and give him the authority to hire all of his own coaches.

I don't understand why Mike Brown doesn't go hide in South America somewhere in complete and utter shame.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 11:43 AM)NKYRob Wrote: Player development has been a huge issue under this regime. Think of all the "project" draft picks they've taken that have all the measurables and physical attributes and just needed some time to develop. How many of those have panned out? Heck, think of just regular non-project draft picks that saw little to no improvement. Ogbuehi, PJ Dawson, Marcus Hardison, Will Clarke, Margus Hunt, Brandon Thompson, Dontay Moch, etc.

And how many guys have you seen show strong potential but get little playing time, only to watch them go to another team and excel?

As for the few holding onto hope (for reasons I don't understand) that Marvin Lewis will be back, understand this: the Bengals are currently dead last in the league in home attendance at ~53,000/game. I'm sure Mikey boy knows this, and recognizes that changes are needed if he wants anybody filing those seats next year.

Bingo! That is, in fact, the only way to get Mikey Brown's attention and it takes collective effort by the fans to just not show up and not buy Bengals gear.

Reply/Quote
There are different levels of elitism.. if you want you can make the case that when it comes to pissing away golden opportunities this team is head and shoulders above everyone else and are all indeed elite. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Does anyone really think we currently have an elite coach on the roster?
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 07:17 PM)bengals67 Wrote: In the Pats game against Buffalo, Marquis Flowers ( yes the Bengals very own) had ten tackles and two sacks.

Is it not possible that Bodine, Og and Fisher might be way better if they played for the Pats or Steelers.

Don't forget that our great judge of talent O line coach and Marvin cut the guy who is currently serving as the left tackle for the Steelers.

Or why Mike Brown would not bring in a new head coach who comes from a tradition of winning and give him the authority to hire all of his own coaches.

Lol, our coaches might be the worst in the NFL. The only one who has been consistently good to top over others in the
NFL is Darrin Simmons. His ST's are usually one of the best but even he has been pretty disappointing this season.

Those Marquis Flowers stats funny enough do not surprise me at all. The Pats wanted him cause he was fast and long
and used to play Safety in college. Our LB coach has no need for that, we want fat, slow Linebackers here that cannot
tackle or cover besides the one guy.
Reply/Quote

Doesn't Buffalo play a 3-4 (OLB in 3-4 will always have way more sacks than WLB or SLB in a 4-3 or should at least)   Also we don't blitz our Linebackers that much in our scheme. (for good or bad)
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 11:25 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Doesn't Buffalo play a 3-4 (OLB in 3-4 will always have way more sacks than WLB or SLB in a 4-3 or should at least)   Also we don't blitz our Linebackers that much in our scheme. (for good or bad)

He's on the Patriots. 
If blitzing linebackers means getting 2 sacks, then perhaps this team should do it more. 
“It’s easy for everybody to say to make that change," Lewis said last week. "But ... when that change doesn’t work out, what do you do?"

Marvin Lewis on why he refused to make a change at the kicker position.
Reply/Quote
Our coaches are far from elite — but they sure act elitist.
Reply/Quote