Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we build a Zac Taylor statue?
Winning in prime time against the Steelers? Is this real life ?
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 01:53 AM)Trademark Wrote: Winning in prime time against the Steelers? Is this real life ?

I think this is obviously his signature win for him.

This win will go a long way to change the culture in the locker room.

It is interesting that Atkins did not play in this game.

The emotion the defense played with was incredible.

Prime time win against the Steelers has established Zach Taylor as our coach for a while.

Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
1998 Bengals 3-13
2-0 vs Steelers
Successful season

This is definitely the biggest win the Bengals have had in a long time.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:00 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I think this is obviously his signature win for him.

That's a really tough call.  We have so many options to choose from.   Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:16 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: That's a really tough call.  We have so many options to choose from.   Wink

This might be the turnaround this team has needed. For the first time they didn't play scared against the Steelers
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:00 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I think this is obviously his signature win for him.

I mean... he only has 5 in 30 tries. It's not like there's a whole lot of other ones to choose from. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

This win will go a long way to change the culture in the locker room.

It is interesting that Atkins did not play in this game.

The emotion the defense played with was incredible.

Prime time win against the Steelers has established Zach Taylor as our coach for a while.

Who Dey!

Considering that Atkins is on IR it would be difficult for him to have played. He should have been on IR since game 1.

It better take more than this to bring back Taylor next season. This is how they need to play each and every week, not once every 80th blue moon.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:24 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I mean... he only has 5 in 30 tries. It's not like there's a whole lot of other ones to choose from. Lol

But let's be honest, we'd trade a few games for this specific win.  Steelers on primetime MNF.... the juju hit.... Finley's creepy smile.... Alexander taunting then next play winning again and bolting off the field to do the same taunt move.  It was glorious.  
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:54 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: But let's be honest, we'd trade a few games for this specific win.  Steelers on primetime MNF.... the juju hit.... Finley's creepy smile.... Alexander taunting then next play winning again and bolting off the field to do the same taunt move.  It was glorious.  
Ide take that win over 8-8 anyday. I want to be great, or piss on the Steelers in prime time.

Sent from my BV9600 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I vote for this pose...

[Image: rsknY7p4T4exwObDqml2yBd8rHzr5LrK9BslHvMc...iawJbDm5sT]

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:42 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Considering that Atkins is on IR it would be difficult for him to have played. He should have been on IR since game 1.

It better take more than this to bring back Taylor next season. This is how they need to play each and every week, not once every 80th blue moon.

The thing is, I continue to see the Bengals play hard.  I saw it last year, too.  There are plenty of half-legit excuses the team should've been deflated prior to even getting on the field, including yet another QB out, Atkins moving to IR, etc.  

I dunno.  I get that wins are all that matter, so I don't want to start that whole thing again.     
Reply/Quote
I still have no faith in Zack Taylor but this probably secures his job next year. It's so frustrating that he only figures out that he needs to establish a run game after he's gotten our franchise quarterback hurt.

I really hope that this game will hit reset on our jinx against the Steelers and in Prime Time. Come to think of it, this game ended exactly the way our '15 playoff game against them *should* have ended.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:58 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: The thing is, I continue to see the Bengals play hard.  I saw it last year, too.  There are plenty of half-legit excuses the team should've been deflated prior to even getting on the field, including yet another QB out, Atkins moving to IR, etc.  

I dunno.  I get that wins are all that matter, so I don't want to start that whole thing again.     

If the team really wants to win championships, it has to win against good teams, bad teams, in-between teams and do so far more than it loses, a lot more.

Sadly, that hasn't happened with Taylor. The Brown family tends to hate making changes and obvious change has to be staring them in the face long and hard for them to make any kind of move.

If Taylor can take down Houston next week and Cleveland the week after, then I'll get off the Taylor has to go bandwagon. Of course, Sewell won't be available when the Bengals draft, but I'll take wins over draft position. There will be Pro-bowl caliber players available at the 5th and 6th pick.

EDIT: Baltimore in two weeks, not Cleveland. We already lost to Cleveland twice this year.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 03:08 AM)Roland Wrote: I still have no faith in Zack Taylor but this probably secures his job next year.  It's so frustrating that he only figures out that he needs to establish a run game after he's gotten our franchise quarterback hurt.

I really hope that this game will hit reset on our jinx against the Steelers and in Prime Time.   Come to think of it, this game ended exactly the way our '15 playoff game against them *should* have ended.

Why would you do that?!? I had that memory just about blocked out. It would have taken years of therapy to resurface.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 03:11 AM)BengalChris Wrote: If the team really wants to win championships, it has to win against good teams, bad teams, in-between teams and do so far more than it loses, a lot more.

Sadly, that hasn't happened with Taylor. The Brown family tends to hate making changes and obvious change has to be staring them in the face long and hard for them to make any kind of move.

If Taylor can take down Houston next week and Cleveland the week after, then I'll get off the Taylor has to go bandwagon. Of course, Sewell won't be available when the Bengals draft, but I'll take wins over draft position. There will be Pro-bowl caliber players available at the 5th and 6th pick.

Absolutely agree.  We could get two more wins and still likely land Chase.  
Reply/Quote
Only if it's made of wicker and we burn it.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 03:18 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: Only if it's made of wicker and we burn it.
Winner!!! Thread finished let's move on.

Sent from my BV9600 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 03:14 AM)Cicero Wrote: Why would you do that?!? I had that memory just about blocked out. It would have taken years of therapy to resurface.

Just do what I do and live in denial.  Three safe runs and a field goal, that's how that game ended, right?  Funny I can't remember the game the following week...
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:24 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I mean... he only has 5 in 30 tries. It's not like there's a whole lot of other ones to choose from. Lol

He's now 3-5 (.375%) in December games...and 2-19-1 (.114%) in all others. 

Loved seeing them punk the Steelers though, regardless of my views about Zac.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 03:49 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: He's now 3-5 (.375%) in December games...and 2-19-1 (.114%) in all others. 

Loved seeing them punk the Steelers though, regardless of my views about Zac.

100% this.

Beat down the Steelers on national TV, didn't lose draft position, make a bunch of Steelers fans cry, embarrassed a guy who danced on the logo, and got to pile on what seems like the Steeler's impending locker room implosion. It was a pretty good night in a bubble.

Also someone who's not the Bengals is going to win the division. It might as well be the Browns. Certainly better than the Steelers or the Ravens.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote