Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we make Ross...
change his number at least? He doesn’t deserve to wear Chris Henry’s number.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 07:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: change his number at least? He doesn’t deserve to wear Chris Henry’s number.

Oh good.  We've entered the who can say the most ridiculous, most over the top, most insulting thing of all phase of the post-loss experience.  I was waiting for it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
You mean Chris Henry who couldn't stay out of trouble, who could not control himself and died for that very reason? His number deserves reverence?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Chris Henry lacked impulse control and was a thug.

While not putting forth an effort on plays is a shitty thing to do, it's not near to Henry's level.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 08:00 PM)McC Wrote: Oh good.  We've entered the who can say the most ridiculous, most over the top, most insulting thing of all phase of the post-loss experience.  I was waiting for it.

How’s it insulting? Henry’s number should have at least been unofficially retired out of respect anyway.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 08:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How’s it insulting? Henry’s number should have at least been unofficially retired out of respect anyway.

Respect for what?  For getting so little out of his immense talent?  For playing about two out of a possible five years?

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 08:13 PM)McC Wrote: Respect for what?  For getting so little out of his immense talent?  For playing about two out of a possible five years?

Respect for the dead? Self inflicted or not, it was a tragic thing.

Tbh I just got to thinking about Henry after the Palmer football life, and how hard he and the team seemed to have taken it.

And I’m bummed about how bad Ross sucks, and that he wears 15. Sorry the thread caused yo such distress.

Reply/Quote
Henry could catch those deep balls down the field, even if he was a mess.
Reply/Quote
I've never understood the love Chris Henry still gets. That has absolutely nothing to do with his personal life and everything to do with his play. Yes, he had talent but so does every player in the league. His career numbers are a Julio Jones season. Yes, I know that's a little bit of an exaggeration, but not too much. If I knew nothing about the guy, I would think he was on a path to be a lock for the Hall of Fame with the way a lot fans talk about the him.

Again, I'm not even bringing his personal life into this. His best season was 600 yards and 9 TDs. The way he is talked about and held in such high regard blows my mind. I'm sure someone will say I'm being disrespectful, but his stats don't justify the hype this guy gets. If/when you do take the personal stuff into account, it's even worse.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 10:27 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I've never understood the love Chris Henry still gets. That has absolutely nothing to do with his personal life and everything to do with his play. Yes, he had talent but so does every player in the league. His career numbers are a Julio Jones season. Yes, I know that's a little bit of an exaggeration, but not too much. If I knew nothing about the guy, I would think he was on a path to be a lock for the Hall of Fame with the way a lot fans talk about the him.

Again, I'm not even bringing his personal life into this. His best season was 600 yards and 9 TDs. The way he is talked about and held in such high regard blows my mind. I'm sure someone will say I'm being disrespectful, but his stats don't justify the hype this guy gets. If/when you do take the personal stuff into account, it's even worse.

He didn’t have to put up huge numbers, he played with Chad and TJ. He was a nice compliment to them though, and was great on the deep balls.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 10:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He didn’t have to put up huge numbers, he played with Chad and TJ. He was a nice compliment to them though, and was great on the deep balls.

He could take the top off a defense. I won't disagree. However, when talking about unofficially retiring someone's number out of respect, he needs to have done more for the team and the city.
Reply/Quote
Maybe not giving his number out the following year after his death is respectful and warranted. Outside of that, you don’t retire a number out of what could have been.
Reply/Quote
Fair enough. I guess I’m just being overly sentimental, and annoyed Ross had to pick that number.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 10:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Fair enough. I guess I’m just being overly sentimental, and annoyed Ross had to pick that number.

Eh, I can see the frustration. I've been defending him, but man he does not feel like a 4.2 guy AT ALL. I was expecting Tyreek Hill type explosiveness.. and he just doesn't seem to have it. I will STILL hold out hope, but man does it upset me if this guy doesn't use his talent.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 10:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Fair enough. I guess I’m just being overly sentimental, and annoyed Ross had to pick that number.

I have no issue with the Ross frustration. I think we're all feeling that. Seeing how he played in college, I expected so much more from him. Saying he has been a disappointment from Day 1 is an understatement.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure this thread will end well.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 11:20 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I'm sure this thread will end well.

I honestly had no idea it would be this controversial...

Reply/Quote