Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Can we make any more signings?
I predict we sign a WR in the $6-8 million range.

That still leaves us with major holes at OG (2), plus smaller needs at DT and DE/edge. probably address those in the draft.

Cap space should not be a problem at all.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:38 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: This is what I am seeing

No image. 

The math is...

195 adjusted cap with rollover
158 active contracts
8.9 in dead cap
27 in cap for all 53
29 for top 51 (which is the true cap number)
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:23 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: Right now, Cincinnati is approximately 70M under next season's projected cap depending on Reiff's deal.  I don't know that they are penny pinching for those extensions.

I said next season's by the way
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:43 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: I said next season's by the way

Ahh, I am thinking about "next" as in this coming season...the next one coming up. I figured that was the idea with the topic at hand.

As for the extension, they could potentially to settle on the signing bonus and keep their salary but there would be some increase to the cap this year off the bonus.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Depending on Reiff's number, I'd say a couple other decent additions is definitely not out of the question.

Most teams would love to have over $25 million left at this point. Where does that figure rank?

Still pretty solid, top 10 but exactly where depends on which site you use. Reiff will probably knock us out of the top 10 when it's all said and done. We still have to probably get another WR, even if it's a stopgap, and probably another guard so when we finish up we will be probably league average or below. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: Ahh, I am thinking about "next" as in this coming season...the next one coming up. I figured that was the idea with the topic at hand.

As for the extension, they could potentially to settle on the signing bonus and keep their salary but there would be some increase to the cap this year off the bonus.

Sorry for the confusion. This season started 2 days ago for me but I could see where it could sound confusing. I meant 2022 season they are projected to be around 70M to the good.
Reply/Quote
Reiff contract

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Starting Point - 43 million in cap space

In

Hendrickson - 12.87 mil
Obunjiobi - 6.187 mil
Hilton - 4.875 mil
Awuzie - 4.05 mil
Reiff - 7.5

Total = 35.482 million in incoming salaries

Out

Atkins - 9.6 mil
Hart - 6.1 mil

Total - 15.1 mil in cap freed up

So, just for discussion sake, and to make it very, very simple...

---43 mil in starting space + 15 mil in cuts = 58 mil in total

---58 mil total - 36 mil in signings = 22 mil in remaing space.

****Note: They are other signings we've made (Brandon Wilson for example) that need to be accounted for. But, as always you have to consider any remaining cuts and how the top 53 works out after everything is all said and done. To make room for a Brandon Wilson or a Troy Brown you have to move another player down off the top 53. It's not as easy as just adding totals.

Fwiw, here is Spotrac's updated roster with everyone pretty much account for other than Reiff. They have us at 158 million dollar spent (leaving 26 million). But you also have to consider this includes 56 players.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cap/
Reply/Quote
Geno is gone
AJ is gone
Bobby Hart is gone
I imagine the Bengals have PLLENTTTY Oof salary cap remaining.
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 04:09 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: Geno is gone
AJ is gone
Bobby Hart is gone
I imagine the Bengals have PLLENTTTY Oof salary cap remaining.

With the Reiff contract, and waiting for Brown and Thomas, we are sitting around 21.5-22.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 04:10 PM)Au165 Wrote: With the Reiff contract, and waiting for Brown and Thomas, we are sitting around 21.5-22.

Minus (for now) our offer to Golladay. And don't forget we have to pay draft picks as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 04:21 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Minus (for now) our offer to Golladay. And don't forget we have to pay draft picks as well.

Sure, the draft pick number isn't as big as people think though because the way salary cap only counts the top 51. As for the Golladay number, I am not sure where that falls but I am assuming we probably end up with a WR not named Golladay and another OL. 
Reply/Quote
Golliday is a great talent, but we don't need to be spending on a #1 WR.

But I predict we sign one in the $6-8 million range and hopefully another O-lineman, DT, or edge rusher.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Golliday is a great talent, but we don't need to be spending on a #1 WR.

But I predict we sign one in the $6-8 million range and hopefully another O-lineman, DT, or edge rusher.

Hell, if they got Trai Turner and Josh Reynolds/Chris Conley with a combined $10-12 mill, I'd consider FA to be done and actually a pretty solid one heading into the draft. It's not every player I would have preferred, but it's solid.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Hopefully they extend Bates and maybe Hubbard with that money. I heard yesterday that the cap may roughly double next season after the media deals. Bates should probably wait till next season before doing anything, but of course the risk of injury is ever-present.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 06:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hell, if they got Trai Turner

Hard pass on Turner. Know he has the Pro Bowl history, but he was outright terrible last year and I don't want to sign guys from one of the few OLs actually worse than ours.

You also can't call his injuries last year a fluke, because he's missed at least 3 games in each of the last 4 years. That doesn't get better with age.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Golliday is a great talent, but we don't need to be spending on a #1 WR.

I agree with all this. I think Higgins is WR #1 now anyway. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 07:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hard pass on Turner. Know he has the Pro Bowl history, but he was outright terrible last year and I don't want to sign guys from one of the few OLs actually worse than ours.

You also can't call his injuries last year a fluke, because he's missed at least 3 games in each of the last 4 years. That doesn't get better with age.

If that's the case, I agree, no thanks.
Reply/Quote
I’m just trying to figure out why we sign 1 big guy and a couple of other smaller deals and we’re out of money while the Patriots shelled out a billion dollars to various guys and the Chiefs shelled out a ton of money when they’re paying Mahomes so much money
Reply/Quote

Shu shu didn’t get but 8 million there’s a chance Golladay could he had at a decent price depending on what everyone’s offering
Reply/Quote