Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we please get a coach like this...
How refreshing would it be to have a coach speak like this? And keep in mind this is the coach of an 11-1 team...

"If you can't get a yard in our game, you don't deserve to win," Tomlin said. "That's the nuts and bolts elements of football, the physicality element of football. We didn't meet that challenge, so we have some work to do in that area."

"If you're a legit unit, if you're a unit that has the goods, you can absorb irregularities in schedules, players -- significant players -- missing and so forth and still rise up in those moments," Tomlin said. "That's our charge as we prepare for this next game. ... We've lost fluidity since we missed some of those guys.

"To be quite honest with you, that pisses me off because we have to be the type of group that endures regardless of who is available. That's how we construct this group, not only in terms of our acquisition of players but just development of mentality and personality."

"They can catch the ball or they can get replaced by those who will catch it," Tomlin said. "It's just as simple as that. As I have often said, I expect guys to make routine plays routinely. When there is a pattern of that not happening, then we have to look at who we are throwing the ball to.

"The coaching of catching the football for those who are employed to do it at this level is not something that I have a lot of patience for, it's not something that any of us have a lot of patience for. Those guys' job is to catch the football, particularly routine ones. Where there's a pattern, you should expect to see less opportunities."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Yet Zac Taylor continues to make excuses for the
Shortcomings of the offense. Wow his fan club has
Been very quiet of late.
Reply/Quote
'I'm comfortable with how we're doing it' - Zac Taylor (4-23-1)
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 02:56 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Yet Zac Taylor continues to make excuses for the
Shortcomings of the offense. Wow his fan club has
Been very quiet of late.

I don’t think he has a fan club anymore
Reply/Quote
Man do I wish we had a coach that could outcoach Tomlin.

I know that asking a lot, but Zac will never reach his level. Marv came somewhat close, but that 2015 game was the game where he lost the confidence that he ever could get on Tomlins level.

Even though I don’t like how dirty he coaches them, how he’ll have his players lay on top of others to drain the clock, how they borderline cheat in unsportsmanlike fashion. He is a heck of a coach. He tries to take every advantage he can.

I’d rather win fair and square, and simply outcoach and outplay teams. Zac just isn’t capable. Time to find a coach that is.
Reply/Quote
We actually had a coach like that a few years ago. Remember when Marvin first came to the Bengals, the very first thing they did was sign Carson before the draft was even held. Correct me if I am wrong, but the NFL wanted them to wait, so it would make great TV and 'ol Marv said NO, that he wanted it to seem like the Bengals knew what there were doing. I also remember when early in Marvin's coaching career, Chris Henry committed a personal foul that hurt a drive and Marvin grabbed him by the face mask and ripped him a new one. I remember thinking that we finally had a coach that wasn't putting up with any b.s.! Not sure what happened but by the end Marvin had become Bengalized....you know that look that Shula, and Coslet, and now Zac has during every game. So yea, i agree, the Squeelers make me puke, but I sure wish our team played as hard and were coached as good as they are.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 03:03 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: 'I'm comfortable with how we're doing it' - Zac Taylor (4-23-1)

That's the biggest problem, he's too comfortable, as in he knows that he gets to continue being paid no matter how it turns out.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Didn't everyone here learn their lesson about judging coaches by their press conferences?

What coaches say to the press is meaningless and has nothing to do with their ability to coach.  I have heard plenty of horrible coaches talk just like Tomlin did in this presser.

and when we hired Taylor most people here were swooning over what he said in press conferences.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 09:52 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Didn't everyone here learn their lesson about judging coaches by their press conferences?

What coaches say to the press is meaningless and has nothing to do with their ability to coach.  I have heard plenty of horrible coaches talk just like Tomlin did in this presser.

and when we hired Taylor most people here were swooning over what he said in press conferences.

I hate agreeing with Fred because I feel dirty and will have take another shower. Regardless, he is correct. The vast majority on this board were swooning over Taylor. Where are they now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 10:04 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I hate agreeing with Fred because I feel dirty and will have take another shower.  Regardless, he is correct.  The vast majority on this board were swooning over Taylor.  Where are they now?

Everyone here wanted Marvin gone. The hiring of Zac was a risk everyone was willing to take. Some liked it some didn't but I think ALL were willing to give him a chance. WIth that said, by now everyone wants Zac gone like they did with Marvin 2 yrs ago. Go take the shower none the less. Hehe
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 03:03 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: 'I'm comfortable with how we're doing it' - Zac Taylor (4-23-1)

“Getting our players on the field is strong momentum going forward”

-Zac Taylor
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 10:04 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I hate agreeing with Fred because I feel dirty and will have take another shower. Regardless, he is correct. The vast majority on this board were swooning over Taylor. Where are they now?

And your point? Taylor proved to be a terrible choice, and we should cut our losses (literally) and move on. Who cares that there some initial excitement. Every single person on this board has been wrong about one thing or another at some point.

Anyway, I remember a lot of people not liking the hire. Many of us wanted Bieniemy.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 10:13 AM)GodFather Wrote: “Getting our players on the field is strong momentum going forward”

-Zac Taylor

“The hits on Joe Burrow are overblown” ~Zac Taylor

Reply/Quote
Zac would be talking about how if 1 or 2 things went our way we would have won...and how everyone is going to be believers when we win consistently.

Which is why we don't win and the Steelers do.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 02:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: "They can catch the ball or they can get replaced by those who will catch it," Tomlin said. "It's just as simple as that. As I have often said, I expect guys to make routine plays routinely. When there is a pattern of that not happening, then we have to look at who we are throwing the ball to.

John Ross went to Pittsburgh????
Reply/Quote
"My voice sounds like a horrible Peyton Manning impression." - Zac Taylor
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
In 2019 the Pittsburgh Steelers had a horrible season where they went 8-8. They did this while playing the third string quarterback. That means the rest of the team is super strong and super deep; Cincinnati needs to examine this model for the future. Depth is everything in the NFL now, and doesn’t it just frost your flakes when you see one of the Steelers’ starters go down their backup plays just as well?
Reply/Quote
This guy?

[Image: sddefault.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 03:40 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I don’t think he has a fan club anymore

But wait, he is so much better at handling press conferences than ML  Sarcasm
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 10:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And your point?

That coach speak from  press conferences is meaningless when it comes to judging a coach.
Reply/Quote