Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we salvage...
either Ced or Fisher by moving them to a Guard position next season?

Would they be any better or just as bad?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Both are not power players so I don't see how operating in more of a phone booth setting would help either of them.  Fisher doesn't look terrible to the point where he can't be salvaged into an OK starter.  Oggie boy looks like he doesn't even want to make it in the league as a backup.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 02:52 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Both are not power players so I don't see how operating in more of a phone booth setting would help either of them.  Fisher doesn't look terrible to the point where he can't be salvaged into an OK starter.  Oggie boy looks like he doesn't even want to make it in the league as a backup.

While true that they aren't power guys, Ogbuehi's best performance in college was at guard and Fisher has the demeanor to play guard. Both struggle on the outside so moving inside is really the only remaining hope for either of them at this point. And even though they aren't powerful, that might be ok still depending on what the zone blocking scheme demands that the Bengals run.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 02:43 PM)corpjet Wrote: either Ced or Fisher by moving them to a Guard position next season?

at some point you just can't keep moving them and have to decide if they're starters or not.  

Last year the problem was that we moved them too much and did not let them learn one position

So start of this year we've let them stay in the one, natural postion and they still struggled - so we then went back to a rotation wth Dre Smith...

the phrase 'deckchairs on the titanic' springs to mind...
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 02:43 PM)corpjet Wrote: either Ced or Fisher by moving them to a Guard position next season?

Maybe, Ced played best at Guard at A&M and Fisher has some nastiness to him.

If they bulk up much more in the Offseason and we get a new O-line coach it is possible for them to atleast be serviceable backups.

Still want us to draft an OT, Guard and Center all early next draft.
Reply/Quote
They better go the Vikings route if they don't plan on blowing up the whole roster....otherwise, they're pissing in the wind.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

I don't think so, but you would need to ask a good OL coach to get a decent answer.

Neither of these guys can hold his ground or get a push against the DL in the run game. I still don't know what the team was thinking about these guys, or even the entire OL for that matter, during the off-season.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 03:30 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't think so, but you would need to ask a good OL coach to get a decent answer.

Neither of these guys can hold his ground or get a push against the DL in the run game. I still don't know what the team was thinking about these guys, or even the entire OL for that matter, during the off-season.

One word:  cheap.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 03:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: One word:  cheap.

And that really worked out well. Anybody that knows anything about football knows you win games in the trenches.

Look at the Eagles right now and look at the Cowboys last season and now again look at us.

God it sucks being a fan of a team that has such stupidity at the top.

But still, you hope that your O-line coach can coach up first and 2nd round picks. :paul:

Mentioned it in the other PA thread, yesterday the Skins had to start 4 backups on the O-line and played okay against the
Squawks in their place. Callahan i think is their O-line coach. Scarnecchia does this with later round picks in New England.
Reply/Quote