Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we stop QUOTING the first post???
(01-12-2016, 04:07 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: No need to quote the OP

especially when youre the 2nd post. or 32nd post

we know youre replying to that post....
Sometimes people's comments are directly responding to the points or questions in the OP, so it's helpful to have it right there for a reference so we don't have to scroll up to see what they're responding to.

Say that we go to reply and type out a response, but as we're typing it, somehow else posts something, so, when we post, it looks like our response is to the second poster, and not the OP.

That could especially be problematic because the second poster could say something like "I love to kill puppies," and you post "I agree!  I love it!  I used to do that all the time as a kid," but that was in response to the OP, not the killing puppies, so now you just look like a lunatic.

Too much confusion can go on if we don't quote the post that we're referring to, things can get out of control, and the integrity of the entire website can be compromised.
Reply/Quote

It depends on how far back the OP is. Also, sometimes I like to bold something the OP said and address that point specifically.  Ninja

It also depends on how long the OP was. If the OP was a novel, it's pretty annoying to see it quoted multiple times. Sometimes I'll trim out the "fat" to keep the thread looking clean.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Now why would we do that?
Reply/Quote