Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we trade up for Devin White please?
(04-22-2019, 09:07 AM)Big Boss Wrote: The simple fact of the matter is we have to trust the new coaching staff, or at least give them the benefit of the doubt until you've shown that they don't deserve it.

If they don't take a LB in round one, that doesn't mean that the season is doomed. There are still six rounds left in the draft. While having a walk-on starter is nice, it's the coaches job to... well, coach these guys into being NFL-caliber players. If they can't do that, they either have a poor eye for talent or they're not that great of coaches.

I would be fine with Pratt, Wilson or the kid from WV in rounds 2 or 3. I still think if a quality OT is there at 11 we have to take him. Won't be mad if we go LB in the first but there are only a couple OT that may be able to play LT day one sliding Glenn to the right. If that's what they want to do. I think Glenn will play well on the right and maybe even longer. I just think there are more LBers in this draft in the mid rounds that can help ( Other than White). I'm just not crazy about Bush at 11. Guess I will watch more film on him to prepare myself for the pick.

Other than OL and LB the only other position I wouldn't lose my mind over would be TE if we get Hock! I think he can help with his blocking and Mixon would benefit as well.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 10:37 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If both Bush and White are taken in the top 10, which would be rather unprecedented in the context of the history of the draft, then that means an elite player will fall to 11. Either way, we're good.

Exactly, even White is not a cannot miss prospect. Take BPA after this if it happens which i doubt it does as you say, unprecedented going off of history that 2 LB's go that early especially in what some might say is not the greatest LB class.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 08:07 AM)OSUfan Wrote: Wow what an ignorant observation. Can you please let me know where I made this stupid statement? Never even remotely stated this. I just do not want either of the LBs at 11 that are named Devin.

White is still learning the position and the best thing that can be said about his game is that he is fast. So was Renaldo Nehemiah but that did not make him a great receiver. White is a poor tackler with poor instincts. He has trouble getting off of blocks and has never actually been tested in coverage duties. He runs himself out of plays and lets up on many plays. Try watching some film (Florida game is a great example) rather than just listening to what talking heads are saying.

Now what I would like to see is drafting Mack Wilson, Vosean Joseph, Joe Giles-Harris, Te'von Coney, Ben Burr Kirven, Tre Watson, Chase Hansen, etc.

Why are you so anxious to run Bobby Hart back out there? This team will go as far as their O line will take them. That is not an opinion that is a fact.

Wow, what a ***** thing to say.  And yet, so typical.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'm in the minority - but I would rather have Devin Bush
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 06:08 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm in the minority - but I would rather have Devin Bush

Maybe not as much as we first thought - Lapham agrees with you, and he said on the radio today that people he talked to around the league seemed to be split 50/50 on who to take first between the two.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 06:11 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Maybe not as much as we first thought - Lapham agrees with you, and he said on the radio today that people he talked to around the league seemed to be split 50/50 on who to take first between the two.

I just think Bush is much more suited for the current NFL.  10 years ago White would be the easy choice.
Reply/Quote
Cant see us trading up for White when Bush will likely be there at 11. Both guys are basically the same player aside from one playing in the "rough and tough" SEC.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote