Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we wait until the draft is over?
I've been a Bengals fan since the mid-1980s. I acknowledge this to reflect my fandom has been through all the failures and shortcomings of Mike Brown as the owner and the disappointments Bengals fandom entails.

That said, can the pro-Sewell posters at least put a hold on negative posts until after the draft is over? There is still an opportunity to address OL needs with the next 6 picks.

By then, if no OL are taken, feel free to continue.

Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If you think Sewell was the only answer to the Bengals problems then you need to go watch soccer.
Reply/Quote
The answer is no.
Bengals didn’t pick Sewell so now Joe Burrow will be destroyed for sure.
If they would have picked Sewell then no opposing defensive player would have ever been able to lay a hand on him.
We should have just picked Fields or Jones because now Burrow’s career is over.

This is what I am hearing from the “give me Sewell or give me death” crowd on here.
Some are waaaay over the top in their reactions. I understand being disappointed but man do we have some drama queens showing up this weekend.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:03 AM)Beaker Wrote: If you think Sewell was the only answer to the Bengals problems then you need to go watch soccer.

After seeing most of the belly aching about the Chase pick, there is a common theme, and that is a lack of trust in the FO.  Thus the arguments like "it being an OL heavy draft" OR "the number of OL on the boar being so many more than WR on the board the rest of the way out" do not register for them whatsoever.  Because of that lack of trust in the FO, then they only saw the simple solution "Draft OL high because FO too dumb to get one later".  

Frankly with FO's history of NOT building an OL from the last two years AD was here until now, I really can't blame them.  But it doesn't excuse the childish tantrums people are throwing on these forums.  It's embarrassing.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:35 AM)Stewy Wrote: After seeing most of the belly aching about the Chase pick, there is a common theme, and that is a lack of trust in the FO.  Thus the arguments like "it being an OL heavy draft" OR "the number of OL on the boar being so many more than WR on the board the rest of the way out" do not register for them whatsoever.  Because of that lack of trust in the FO, then they only saw the simple solution "Draft OL high because FO too dumb to get one later".  

Frankly with FO's history of NOT building an OL from the last two years AD was here until now, I really can't blame them.  But it doesn't excuse the childish tantrums people are throwing on these forums.  It's embarrassing.

If we somehow get lucky enough to land Tevin Jenkins, who is a stud RT in rd 2, this draft will already be one of our best in a long time.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:37 AM)Beaker Wrote: If we somehow get lucky enough to land Tevin Jenkins, who is a stud RT in rd 2, this draft will already be one of our best in a long time.

I agree, but I don't think for some the Sewell butt hurt is going to go away even if we pick 4 O linemen in the next two days.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:44 AM)Stewy Wrote: I agree, but I don't think the Sewell butt hurt is going to go away even if we pick 4 O linemen in the next two days.

It's going to be hilarious watching Chase score touchdowns, only to have the butthurt comments about Sewell continue.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:44 AM)Stewy Wrote: I agree, but I don't think for some the Sewell butt hurt is going to go away even if we pick 4 O linemen in the next two days.

If this draft goes something like:

Chase
Jenkins
Meinerz or another solid C/G

or

Chase
Radunz

or

Chase
Cosmi

It’s going to be a very solid draft.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's going to be hilarious watching Chase score touchdowns, only to have the butthurt comments about Sewell continue.

Butthurt is just the way some ppl choose to live their lives. Just smile at them and enjoy the good.
Reply/Quote
I purposely went / stayed offline once the draft started. I had a couple buddies over and I just wanted to watch the draft and enjoy it without all the hot takes, overreactions and doomsday commentary of one player or another wasn't taken.

Didn't end up working out that way though because one of my buddies brought a couple of guys with him. When the draft started they were like 'we want Sewell but we'll be happy with any of the 3'. I was like cool, me too. Well, as soon as Chase was announced, that shit went straight out the window and they started with how Burrow won't last 5 games, the season is basically over, etc.

What was more frustrating was when I started talking about all the quality linemen that should be there in round 2 and asked them which guys they liked best, they literally had no damn idea. They knew nothing about any linemen not named Sewell...but yet, though they had no problem saying the Bengals blew the chance to improve the o-line. 

I basically had Twitter sitting in my living room.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's going to be hilarious watching Chase score touchdowns, only to have the butthurt comments about Sewell continue.

(04-30-2021, 10:57 AM)Beaker Wrote: Butthurt is just the way some ppl choose to live their lives. Just smile at them and enjoy the good.

I agree.  Complaining about the complainers wastes too much energy.  I'm just going to order a couple hotdogs from Sonic for dinner and enjoy the draft.

Sidenote:  My wife isn't into football, but she sat there and watched the whole draft with me last night.  She actually enjoyed the personal interest part of the draft.  The players reactions and their families, etc.  It all seems over the top to me, but there are nuggets of entertainment for everyone.  :)
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:02 AM)Stewy Wrote: Sidenote:  My wife isn't into football, but she sat there and watched the whole draft with me last night.  She actually enjoyed the personal interest part of the draft.  The players reactions and their families, etc.  It all seems over the top to me, but there are nuggets of entertainment for everyone.  :)

Thats cool that she did that even though she prolly didnt want to at first, but chose to spend time and share your interest. Tell her I said Nice job!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:01 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: I purposely went / stayed offline once the draft started. I had a couple buddies over and I just wanted to watch the draft and enjoy it without all the hot takes, overreactions and doomsday commentary of one player or another wasn't taken.

Didn't end up working out that way though because one of my buddies brought a couple of guys with him. When the draft started they were like 'we want Sewell but we'll be happy with any of the 3'. I was like cool, me too. Well, as soon as Chase was announced, that shit went straight out the window and they started with how Burrow won't last 5 games, the season is basically over, etc.

What was more frustrating was when I started talking about all the quality linemen that should be there in round 2 and asked them which guys they liked best, they literally had no damn idea. They knew nothing about any linemen not named Sewell...but yet, though they had no problem saying the Bengals blew the chance to improve the o-line. 

I basically had Twitter sitting in my living room.  Whatever

Never trust your buddies, buddies?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 10:35 AM)Stewy Wrote: After seeing most of the belly aching about the Chase pick, there is a common theme, and that is a lack of trust in the FO.  Thus the arguments like "it being an OL heavy draft" OR "the number of OL on the boar being so many more than WR on the board the rest of the way out" do not register for them whatsoever.  Because of that lack of trust in the FO, then they only saw the simple solution "Draft OL high because FO too dumb to get one later".  

I truly think Chase is a special talent.  However, I dont think he's a talent that's going to make us win this year.   I think we could've gotten a WR1 next season to balance out the WR corp.  So in 3 years the Bengals will have to decide which WR they want to keep. 

Anyway, I have no trust in the front office.  None, 0, period.  They havent proven to me they can put an OL together.  

I think they were incompetent when they came out last year and said "we believe in our talent on the OL and we believe in our coach".   They believed enough to fire Turner and sign a 33 yo RT.  

I'm going to be patient and see what they do the rest of the draft.  I think they only take 1 or 2 OL because I still think there's some people in the FO who believe theirs talent in that OL room. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:03 AM)Beaker Wrote: Thats cool that she did that even though she prolly didnt want to at first, but chose to spend time and share your interest. Tell her I said Nice job!

Well the living room couch is her domain, and she wasn't moving so I was "allowed" to have the draft on.  She got into it so it stayed on the whole time.

She liked how cute Trevor and his HS sweetheart were together.  How he seemed so cool and her so sickly nervous.  He's used to millions watching him, she's not.  hehe

Funny thing - when she saw Chase right before the Bengal's pick, it went something like this in regard to Chase: 
wife: "Uh Oh, he's not going to be good."  
me: "huh? Why do you say that?"
wife:  "Look at him all swaggering, with glasses on inside.  He's drunk or high."
me:  "LOL - he's a wide receiver.  They all act like that.  Swagger and personality.  You watch, the craziest outfits, strides, presences will be among the Wide Receivers."
Then Waddle was drafted and she watched him walk out in sunglasses and his outfit and then she knew it was just a thing with WR's.  lol
Reply/Quote

plenty of time to sure up the OL still..

Like i said yesterday im fine with Chase being the pick depending on what we do Day 2  and Day 3  

that being said...     We are paper thin on a shaky OL   so hopefully they have not lost site of that.

Who do you think is on Franks short list?

Also was i the only one when the #1 Pick Trevor lawrence stats where up there showing a 66.6% completion rating that heard Katey Bates (Bobby Boucher's Mom) saying Hes the Devil? lol
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:15 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: plenty of time to sure up the OL still..

Like i said yesterday im fine with Chase being the pick depending on what we do Day 2  and Day 3  

that being said...     We are paper thin on a shaky OL   so hopefully they have not lost site of that.

Who do you think is on Franks short list?

Also was i the only one when the #1 Pick Trevor lawrence stats where up there showing a 66.6% completion rating that heard Katey Bates (Bobby Boucher's Mom)  saying Hes the Devil? lol

Me?  I have no clue.  I know who remains on the board, but unlike so many, I do not pretend to try to out think or predict how we'll draft.  I never even did mock drafts before this year, and only did this year because of all the simulators, so why not.

My only general thought is that we will pick players that will fit in our zone blocking scheme, likely with versatility and nasty streaks, cause Frank likes all that.
Reply/Quote
I am pretty upset about the Chase pick, because it tells me that the Bengals organization is not going to build the team the right way. The Bengals had one of the worst offensive lines I have ever seen last year and I am afraid that it won't be much improved this year. I am not sure if they are just in denial or they just don't care about the health of Joe Burrow. If either of our Offensive tackles goes down this year what are they going to do? The interior of their line all needs to be upgraded. To make matters worse Joe Burrow may have limited mobility coming off a knee injury so he might be a sitting duck back there.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:25 AM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: I am pretty upset about the Chase pick, because it tells me that the Bengals organization is not going to build the team the right way.   

No it doesn't. All it means is that we didn't use our first round pick on OL. Suck it up snowflake.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:25 AM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: If either of our Offensive tackles goes down this year what are they going to do?

They might draft OL today. Hence why I made this post. It is too early to be upset about no OL drafted in round 1.
Reply/Quote