Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we wait until the draft is over?
(04-30-2021, 11:25 AM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: I am pretty upset about the Chase pick, because it tells me that the Bengals organization is not going to build the team the right way.   The Bengals had one of the worst offensive lines I have ever seen last year and I am afraid that it won't be much improved this year.  I am not sure if they are just in denial or they just don't care about the health of Joe Burrow.   If either of our Offensive tackles goes down this year what are they going to do?  The interior of their line all needs to be upgraded.  To make matters worse Joe Burrow may have limited mobility coming off a knee  injury so he might be a sitting duck back there.

Maybe...I dunno...let's wait until the draft is over before we decide that? I mean that is exactly what the OP asked for! If we get Jenkins/Cosmi/Eichenberg we have our RT of the future. We can then get a potential starting Guard in 3rd/4th. Have some chill dude!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:25 AM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: I am pretty upset about the Chase pick, because it tells me that the Bengals organization is not going to build the team the right way.   The Bengals had one of the worst offensive lines I have ever seen last year and I am afraid that it won't be much improved this year.  I am not sure if they are just in denial or they just don't care about the health of Joe Burrow.   If either of our Offensive tackles goes down this year what are they going to do?  The interior of their line all needs to be upgraded.  To make matters worse Joe Burrow may have limited mobility coming off a knee  injury so he might be a sitting duck back there.

There a a lot of things that factor into keeping helping Burrow. One is adding another piece or 2 to help improve the overall o-line play. Another is to add a legit outside/downfield threat at WR. Yet another, is for Burrow to not hold the ball too long once a play breaks down - something he's said himself. 

Even with the o-line being injury riddled last year, and not performing well overall...Joe still ranked 3rd in average time before being forced to scramble, and had the 4th highest amount of throws under 2.5 seconds.

It's not crazy to think that with the addition of Reiff, getting a starting RG in the draft, getting a full year out of XSF or Spain at LG, and if the line as a whole can stay relatively healthy...that there's reason for optimism this year. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:40 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: There a a lot of things that factor into keeping helping Burrow. One is adding another piece or 2 to help improve the overall o-line play. Another is to add a legit outside/downfield threat at WR. Yet another, is for Burrow to not hold the ball too long once a play breaks down - something he's said himself. 

Even with the o-line being injury riddled last year, and not performing well overall...Joe still ranked 3rd in average time before being forced to scramble, and had the 4th highest amount of throws under 2.5 seconds.

It's not crazy to think that with the addition of Reiff, getting a starting RG in the draft, getting a full year out of XSF or Spain at LG, and if the line as a whole can stay relatively healthy...that there's reason for optimism this year. 

Right. What no one seemingly wants to admit, is once we had Spain and XFS both healthy and playing, the wholesale onslaught of our QB was stopped. 
Reply/Quote