Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you feel it?
I know we've talked about this all week. And I don't mean to be Dead Horse BUT, This has a different vibe to it. I have been Taylor's biggest critic all season. But I have a funny feeling I'm going to be dining on crow tomorrow night. And that's fine with me. He brings them out ready to play, and I'm converted.

And I have this "feeling" they're coming out fired up.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They better come out fired up. This is the biggest game in 6 years. For all intents and purposes, we're already in must win/ playoff type games.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling I might get heartburn and a bad case of impotence after the game.. OR I might have a heart attack from the excitement and the hardest boner I've had in 20 years!  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The key is playing within themselves which is a really high level. Not too high, when the stupid turnovers start popping up. Do that and protect Joe, harass Mahomes and take the North!
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 01:14 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I know we've talked about this all week.  And I don't mean to be Dead Horse BUT, This has a different vibe to it.  I have been Taylor's biggest critic all season.  But I have a funny feeling I'm going to be dining on crow tomorrow night.  And that's fine with me.  He brings them out ready to play, and I'm converted.

I have no doubts that they will have a good game plan and come out with a ton of energy.  They didn't have to travel this past week, and that helps, too.

My biggest concern is turnovers.  You simply can't have any.  Not against this team.  If they play a clean game, I give them a very good shot.  

The weather looks to be a little damp early, and cool, but could be dry for game time.  

I am sure PBS will be rocking!

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 01:14 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I know we've talked about this all week.  And I don't mean to be Dead Horse BUT, This has a different vibe to it.  

Actually there is nothing different at all.  This is exactly the same vibe everyone was feeling after the last time we blew out the Ravens before we lost 2 straight games.  And the exact same vibe we felt after we blew out the Steelers before we lost two straight games.

I am not saying I am not excited.  I am.  I definitely think we can beat the Chiefs.  But there is nothing "different" about the current vibe and the ones we have felt earlier in the year.
Reply/Quote
I don't think there was quite the same general "vibe" as portrayed in the first post of this thread as what many expressed heading into the Jets game (after blowing out Detroit and Baltimore). I remember the sense of dread about the classic let down.

Anyway, I don't have any feeling about what will happen in this game. I don't think our feelings reflect anything that matters anyway. They'll play the game and hopefully play it well. Even if they are hitting their stride optimally, they're playing the Chiefs. Kansas City doesn't care about vibes. They will score points, and we can only hope the Bengals do the same.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 01:14 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I know we've talked about this all week.  And I don't mean to be Dead Horse BUT, This has a different vibe to it.  I have been Taylor's biggest critic all season.  But I have a funny feeling I'm going to be dining on crow tomorrow night.  And that's fine with me.  He brings them out ready to play, and I'm converted.

Agreed, what makes this week different compared to the first big win against the Ravens is that there is an opportunity to win the division.
Reply/Quote
The only thing that really gives me pause is our home record, 4-4 isn't nearly as good as our road record, 5-2. The only away games we lost were to the Bears and Jets, both games we definitely should have won. Chargers and Browns at home made us look really bad.. Squeelers and Pigeons were never really in the running at any point this season. In fact between them they account for two of our road game wins and two of our home game wins.. If it weren't for those two teams we'd be in last place.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 01:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually there is nothing different at all.  This is exactly the same vibe everyone was feeling after the last time we blew out the Ravens before we lost 2 straight games.  And the exact same vibe we felt after we blew out the Steelers before we lost two straight games.

I am not saying I am not excited.  I am.  I definitely think we can beat the Chiefs.  But there is nothing "different" about the current vibe and the ones we have felt earlier in the year.

100% wrong. The difference is this game can lead to winning the AFC North. It's so silly to post a contrarian perspective.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 01:55 PM)grampahol Wrote: The only thing that really gives me pause is our home record, 4-4 isn't nearly as good as our road record, 5-2. The only away games we lost were to the Bears and Jets, both games we definitely should have won. Chargers and Browns at home made us look really bad.. Squeelers and Pigeons were never really in the running at any point this season. In fact between them they account for two of our road game wins and two of our home game wins.. If it weren't for those two teams we'd be in last place.. 

Interesting, I hadn't really looked at the home/road split. Thank you for sharing. It adds good perspective to the discussion. That said, I still think it's a different vibe for sure since the opportunity exist to with the AFC North.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 01:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually there is nothing different at all.  This is exactly the same vibe everyone was feeling after the last time we blew out the Ravens before we lost 2 straight games.  And the exact same vibe we felt after we blew out the Steelers before we lost two straight games.

Thanks for being fred, fred.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 02:01 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: 100% wrong. The difference is this game can lead to winning the AFC North. It's so silly to post a contrarian perspective.

It's all good Tecmo.  Even fred can't kill this feeling.  We blew out the Ravens before, and faced the Jets.  This time we play for a little more.  But fred likes to be analytical.  Means nothing.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 02:01 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: 100% wrong. The difference is this game can lead to winning the AFC North. It's so silly to post a contrarian perspective.

There is no difference.  Beating the Chargers after the Steelers was crucial to our playoff seeding.

It is silly to act like any one who disagrees with anything you say is just being contrarian.  It takes a massive ego to believe it is impossible for anyone to ever question anything you say.
Reply/Quote
A win tomorrow would be HUGE and just what this young team could use for confidence heading into playoffs,

Plus Burrow and this team have been great about achieving goals and certain they want to shake this two games won in a row followed by two games played very bad in a row streak.

Just hope Burrow can harness his adrenaline Sunday, because I know he will be "amped up" going against Mahomes.

Who-Dey and I believe !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 01:55 PM)grampahol Wrote: The only thing that really gives me pause is our home record, 4-4 isn't nearly as good as our road record, 5-2. 

Then this will make you feel better.

The Bengals have not lost the Chiefs at home in 38 years.
Reply/Quote
Can I feel it?

[Image: q8tp5.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 02:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is no difference.  Beating the Chargers after the Steelers was crucial to our playoff seeding.

It is silly to act like any one who disagrees with anything you say is just being contrarian.  It takes a massive ego to believe it is impossible for anyone to ever question anything you say.

fred.  REREAD my post.  I said I have a feeling.  Sorry, no link for you.  The gist of my post was my criticizing our coach.  Why are you cherry picking like this man?  Lighten up.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 02:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is no difference.  Beating the Chargers after the Steelers was crucial to our playoff seeding.

Nope, 100% different. Another nonsensical post by you. You're actually trying to apply your own personal issues to someone else, comical and a weak retort. Your consistent oppositional posts serve no purpose.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 01:20 PM)grampahol Wrote: I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling I might get heartburn and a bad case of impotence after the game.. OR I might have a heart attack from the excitement and the hardest boner I've had in 20 years!  Hilarious

TMI gramps, TMI. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote