Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you say elite?
Joe's numbers over his last 16 regular season games...including the 1st 2 this season when he was getting back into shape.  Mellow

Games       Comp    Att       %       Yards       Td's    Int       Rating 
        16        412     581      71.0       5,022       36        8        112.1       
Reply/Quote
So glad he is leading the Bengals, would not want any other QB other than Joe Cool.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Nice. Dude is playing elite no question, top 3 at least. Burrow is playing better than Allen right now who I was
considering the best in the NFL right at this time. Hurts is playing great, same with Mahomes but we all saw who
edged him out on Sunday. Great times to be a fan of the Bengals. LET'S GO!!!!
Reply/Quote
He's putting up incredible numbers that should be sustainable and stable long-term. Even other top-flight quarterbacks are either very high in variance (Allen) or have not displayed yet that they can sustain this performance or play to their peaks against top competition (Herbert, Hurts, or Tua).

I'm sure there's a dollop of homerism in it, but I don't think it's wrong to say Burrow is the only player in the league capable of consistently challenging Mahomes for the title of "best".
Reply/Quote
Also: don't forget to add 7 rushing TDs to his resume over the last two seasons, including 5 this year.
Reply/Quote
Or, as LeSean McCoy might say, very Kenny Pickett-like.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 08:04 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Or, as LeSean McCoy might say, very Kenny Pickett-like.

Man, Shady acts like it kills him to say anything even semi-positive about the Bengals.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
According to Dehner, Burrow has thrown ONE turnover worthy throw since Week 3. Incredible.

Reply/Quote
I know I'm a homer. But I wouldn't want any other QB over Burrow. Smart, Accurate and mentally tough as nails he's also showing to be a great leader. I know he can but I hope he's not getting a little over confident in his running as I don't like seeing him take hits like the one he did on sunday. I think the running game is the one thing that other top QBs might have on him. But saying that I don't think that is sustainable. I mean Allen is a monster running down the field and it makes your offense hard to get off the field but how many Linebackers are you gonna try and run over before you get the crappie end of the stick.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 08:07 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, Shady acts like it kills him to say anything even semi-positive about the Bengals.  Whatever

Watching Keyshawn squirm to attempt to say anything positive about Joe Burrow is the only reason I click on anything with him involved. He still thinks Lamar Jackson is a better QB.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
JT O'Sullivan's QB school features Joe Burrow again.

Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Nope. Comes out as e-light every time I try.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 08:37 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Watching Keyshawn squirm to attempt to say anything positive about Joe Burrow is the only reason I click on anything with him involved. He still thinks Lamar Jackson is a better QB.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 08:21 PM)casear2727 Wrote: According to Dehner, Burrow has thrown ONE turnover worthy throw since Week 3.  Incredible.

I went over each INT in another post awhile back.
All 8 INTs are in the AFC North, 4 in the first game with no pre-season, very little practice(mostly walkthroughs) and still not 100% recovered from the impact of surgery.

3 poor decisions in week 1, completely understandable. Blitz happy team against a newly constructed O-line and a QB fresh out of the hospital bed with no prep.
2 INTs tipped at the line, 1 by Pit game 2, 1 by Cle
1 "I didn't see him" INT to Queen of Bal
2 unbelievable plays by TJ Watt in each game

So his only turnover worthy throw since week 3 WAS NOT a poor decision, it would have never happened if he saw Queen. That's amazing considering where the o-line was until the bye week. He didn't have a turnover in the week 2 Dallas game, but I do know that someone had a shot at an INT that was broken up by a Bengal WR, so that's probably why Dehner's source had the cut off at week 3.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
I'm so grateful that we get to have some of Burrow's caliber lead our team. I never thought I'd see the day where we had a QB like him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow is a scary MF. If I were other teams in the AFC I would be very nervous to face him in the playoffs.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 05:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Joe's numbers over his last 16 regular season games...including the 1st 2 this season when he was getting back into shape.  Mellow

Games       Comp    Att       %       Yards       Td's    Int       Rating 
        16        412     581      71.0       5,022       36        8        112.1       

Imagine what the next 16 and beyond will be now that he:

Has a solid offensive line
Has a solid rushing attack
Has coaches that figured out how to attack cover 2
Has no more exploding internal organs

Seriously, he has only had the solid line and solid run game and good scheme for, what, three weeks now?  My God.  The sky is truly the limit for this guy.  Beyond excited.  

I know you probably saw the poop bag thread and know I think they are going to win out and win the Super Bowl (I did say it before the steeler game), but it is just so amazing to think how he could be the QB for the next 20 years (if he wanted to try and break all Brady's records) and the Bengals will ALWAYS be in it.  Such exciting times.  
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 10:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Imagine what the next 16 and beyond will be now that he:

Has a solid offensive line
Has a solid rushing attack
Has coaches that figured out how to attack cover 2
Has no more exploding internal organs

Seriously, he has only had the solid line and solid run game and good scheme for, what, three weeks now?  My God.  The sky is truly the limit for this guy.  Beyond excited.  

I know you probably saw the poop bag thread and know I think they are going to win out and win the Super Bowl (I did say it before the steeler game), but it is just so amazing to think how he could be the QB for the next 20 years (if he wanted to try and break all Brady's records) and the Bengals will ALWAYS be in it.  Such exciting times.  

Yeah, took a while but this is the Burrow and the Offense I was kind of envisioning before the season with this O-line. 

Was predicting Mixon would of had a much better season then he has, but we saw a glimpse of the Mixon I was expecting in the 
Panthers game. The thing is, Samaje might actually be the RB that really helps Burrow to be that elite QB because of his blitz pickup.

I bet when Mixon is in the game Defenses will blitz more which is another reason why I want to see Samaje protecting Burrow, but 
in a way, bring on the blitz because Burrow is probably the best QB against the blitz in the NFL. I just don't want to see him get hit 
but that will just happen no matter what and he seems to thrive on contact. Scary MF as Garrus just said lol
Reply/Quote
I don't think it's a stretch to say that Joe Burrow is the greatest QB the Cincinnati Bengals have had. Yes, better than Anderson and Esiason. And it should be no question that he's better than Palmer.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not only can I say it I can use it in a sentence.

bfine thought the room was too dark so elite a candle.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote