Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you say elite?
(12-07-2022, 02:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't think it's a stretch to say that Joe Burrow is the greatest QB the Cincinnati Bengals have had. Yes, better than Anderson and Esiason. And it should be no question that he's better than Palmer.
The old timers will be quick to trot out Greg Cook. 

WTS, I think it's way too early. I remember when AJ Green was going to be easily the best WR to ever wear stripes. #85 still holds that honor. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What's most impressive to me is that he came in strong, but has continued to improve and overcome his weaknesses week over week and year over year. Looking back to his first season and comparing to now he's grown a lot and just keeps getting better. As the years go by and he settles in and continues to perfect the craft it's wild to consider how great he will be.

Those QB School videos are so great as well, showing the nuances of his game. The touch, the accuracy, the efficiency of movement, the athletic mobility. And the ice in his veins, like that last 1st down throw on Sunday. He's going to be great to watch for many years to come.
Reply/Quote

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 02:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The old timers will be quick to trot out Greg Cook. 

WTS, I think it's way too early. I remember when AJ Green was going to be easily the best WR to ever wear stripes. #85 still holds that honor. 

Hard to say Greg Cook just because of his potential. I'm 100% saying Burrow is the best QB we've had at least since I started watching the Bengals while I was a kid.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 02:55 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: What's most impressive to me is that he came in strong, but has continued to improve and overcome his weaknesses week over week and year over year.  Looking back to his first season and comparing to now he's grown a lot and just keeps getting better.  As the years go by and he settles in and continues to perfect the craft it's wild to consider how great he will be.  

Those QB School videos are so great as well, showing the nuances of his game.  The touch, the accuracy, the efficiency of movement, the athletic mobility.  And the ice in his veins, like that last 1st down throw on Sunday.  He's going to be great to watch for many years to come.

I think I remember people pointing out back in the day with Dalton that QBs 3rd season in the NFL is when QBs generally improve the most. I think it was Bfine who posted the stats about that. I know at least for Dalton his 3rd season was one of his better seasons (obviously 15 was his best, but there was a big spike in his play IMO his 3rd season). I wasn't really surprised that Burrow took another step this year, and I really don't think that we'll see any kind of regression in the future. Hopefully Burrow will finally have a full healthy offseason. 2020 offseason started off wacky because of covid, 2021 obviously he was recovering and 2022 he had his appendectomy. Crazy to think that he has yet to have a full healthy offseason.
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow had the greatest QB season ever in college football history against the SEC. He goes on to win national championship in the same impressive fashion. He will do the same thing to the NFL in the next few years. Barring injury he will go down as one of the greatest QBs in NFL history when it’s all said and done. I couldn’t be more excited he plays for us, we will win many championships with him at the helm. You can’t teach what he has, he’s incredible.
Reply/Quote
he's the reason we'll be picking 32 in next year's draft.
Reply/Quote

Man, we’re probably the 1 seed right now if not for his appendectomy. The league better look out once he finally starts having normal offseasons.

Reply/Quote
That Joe Cool/Joe Cool interview was frickin' awesome. Thanks a ton for that FSV. Cool

Usually don't like Cowherd but that was definitely the best interview I have ever seen him do.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 02:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The old timers will be quick to trot out Greg Cook. 

I agree with #85... For now....  This Chase fella is pretty good if he stays healthy!!   ThumbsUp  

That catch he made that wasn't against KC was insane.  So much talent, with a better QB than Chad ever had....
Reply/Quote
We’ll need everyone playing at top level going forward,as this is a brutal schedule to close out the season.
Reply/Quote