Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadian fires air quality forecast tool
Sad that Canada is suffering through this and that air quality has been impacted at great distances but I am also sort of impressed a tool like this exists.

https://firesmoke.ca/forecasts/current/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm just glad it's cleared up here in RVA.

Couldn't see the sun from Tuesday afternoon until Friday mid-morning, with particulate count routinely higher than that in NYC at the same time. I saw that there was a point they said Toronto and NYC were both on the list of top 7 worst air pollution world wide, and wondered what population level you had to have in order to be on the list as our level was higher than both at the time.
Reply/Quote
At the very least you could use this tool to plot out your path to a new exciting career as a professional caveman to run around the forest in your bare feet carrying torches..  Ok, so perhaps lighting the forest on fire isn't the best career choice after all.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Canadian fires air quality forecast tool..  Now what is that air quality forecasting tool gonna do for a living now that the Canadian fired it? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote