Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cancer Study Leaves EVERY PATIENT CANCER-FREE!
(06-16-2022, 03:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Also, drugs to just to treat cancer made over 100 billion in 2019, so there's another reason to keep people from making a cure public.

These includes drugs for chemotherapy that can "cure" cancer.

Are there really anti-cancer drugs that people have to take every day for the rest of their lives or regularly like dialysis?

And what about all the money that could be made treating polio.  Cripples need all sorts of expensive stuff for their everyday life.  Why did they cure polio when they could have made so much more money treating it?

How exactly do big pharmaceutical companies keep all of these cures a secret?  The results of these research studies are published.

And, finally, why do they keep spending millions of dollars on research?  Why not just cut out those research expenses and have millions more on profits?
Reply/Quote
I think if I developed a cure for cancer I'd be the world's first trillionaire.   18 million new cases each year even at say very low $100 per treatment = 1.8 billion dollars.  If you ramp it up to $1000 for the cure, 18 billion per year.  Go one more $10,000 for a life saving cure is 180 billion a year.   So hypothetically in ten years the later could earn one trillion eight hundred billion. :)

So yeah think I'd rather sell that cure to millions of people for billions of dollars than keep it secret. :)

Any company that finds a cure for cancer isn't going to hide it because they will easily make hundreds of billions of dollars.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 04:30 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I think if I developed a cure for cancer I'd be the world's first trillionaire.   18 million new cases each year even at say very low $100 per treatment = 1.8 billion dollars.  If you ramp it up to $1000 for the cure, 18 billion per year.  Go one more $10,000 for the cure is 180 billion a year.   In ten years the later would be one trillion eight hundred billion.  :)

So yeah think I'd rather sell that cure to millions of people than keep it secret.  :)

I hesitate to jump into this conversation at all, but I love looking at analytics sometimes... Are those 18 million new cases each year net-new or also inclusive of recurrences?  
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 04:59 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I hesitate to jump into this conversation at all, but I love looking at analytics sometimes... Are those 18 million new cases each year net-new or also inclusive of recurrences?  

I'm going off this:

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/understanding/statistics

Quote:Statistics at a Glance: The Burden of Cancer Worldwide

• Cancer is among the leading causes of death worldwide. In 2018, there were 18.1 million new cases and 9.5 million cancer-related deaths worldwide.
  • By 2040, the number of new cancer cases per year is expected to rise to 29.5 million and the number of cancer-related deaths to 16.4 million.
  • Generally, cancer rates are highest in countries whose populations have the highest life expectancy, education level, and standard of living. But for some cancer types, such as cervical cancer, the reverse is true, and the incidence rate is highest in countries in which the population ranks low on these measures.

Source: International Agency for Research on Cancer

Granted the data is 4 years old.  But it is still probably close to today's info.

More info US only:

https://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/common.html

Quote:In 2022, roughly 1.9 million people will be diagnosed with cancer in the United States. An estimated 287,850 women and 2,710 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer, which makes it the most common cancer diagnosis. Prostate cancer is the leading cancer diagnosis among men and the second most common diagnosis overall with 268,490 expected cases. Lung and bronchus cancer is the third most common cancer diagnosis with an estimated 236,740 new cases.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
science and medicine and such is fine but has it's limits. for anyone suffering from cancer, humbling yourself to the savior and asking for his help goes much farther. i'm all for research and whatnot but don't forget the biggest cure of all!

hopefully don't get cancelled of the board for giving an alternative to go along with science and research. just wanted to remind people that it's a very real and powerful option too.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 08:05 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: science and medicine and such is fine but has it's limits. for anyone suffering from cancer, humbling yourself to the savior and asking for his help goes much farther. i'm all for research and whatnot but don't forget the biggest cure of all!

The biggest cure of all would be medicine, but I don't think we're going to see eye-to-eye on this. The amount of people who pray for their life and still end up dying is likely overwhelming in comparison to those who live. I actually have a short, anecdotal story on this.

I know a couple who are very religious. They are middle aged, late 50's/early 60's. The wife was playing with the dog, slipped on a tennis ball and fell. It broke her hip. Their approach was to forego surgery because "God will provide, God will heal." Two and a half years later, they had to perform surgery in order to fix her but it was significantly worse. She had basically lost her ability to walk. They prayed every night, did their Bible studies and followed their beliefs. Unsurprisingly, it failed, and she has permanent loss of mobility now, though she can walk after the surgery.

I will never disparage an individual for their beliefs. None of us have the answers to many of life's questions, but anyone who chooses faith over modern medicine is playing a game that they are likely to lose. My uncle was a religious man, and he had cancer. He prayed to his Father and savior, asking for help. He's been dead for nearly 20 years now. 
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 08:22 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: The biggest cure of all would be medicine, but I don't think we're going to see eye-to-eye on this. The amount of people who pray for their life and still end up dying is likely overwhelming in comparison to those who live. I actually have a short, anecdotal story on this.

I know a couple who are very religious. They are middle aged, late 50's/early 60's. The wife was playing with the dog, slipped on a tennis ball and fell. It broke her hip. Their approach was to forego surgery because "God will provide, God will heal." Two and a half years later, they had to perform surgery in order to fix her but it was significantly worse. She had basically lost her ability to walk. They prayed every night, did their Bible studies and followed their beliefs. Unsurprisingly, it failed, and she has permanent loss of mobility now, though she can walk after the surgery.

I will never disparage an individual for their beliefs. None of us have the answers to many of life's questions, but anyone who chooses faith over modern medicine is playing a game that they are likely to lose. My uncle was a religious man, and he had cancer. He prayed to his Father and savior, asking for help. He's been dead for nearly 20 years now. 

sorry if i came off wrong. not saying to just pray and ignore science and medicine. just saying that prayer and relationship with the savior are also very powerful tools. of course do all you can to fight cancer. don't abandon science or prayer. use them both and miracles can happen.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 08:32 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: sorry if i came off wrong. not saying to just pray and ignore science and medicine. just saying that prayer and relationship with the savior are also very powerful tools. of course do all you can to fight cancer. don't abandon science or prayer. use them both and miracles will happen.

I'm probably coming off unnecessarily aggressive, so I apologize. I also made an assumption. You don't need to apologize. I live in a very religious area and the kind of belief that I mentioned is very common here. I find it frustrating and dangerous. I don't think there is anything wrong with someone utilizing their faith and modern science. At worst, it keeps a person in good spirits, which is helpful. 

Sorry again!
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 08:36 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I'm probably coming off unnecessarily aggressive, so I apologize. I also made an assumption. You don't need to apologize. I live in a very religious area and the kind of belief that I mentioned is very common here. I find it frustrating and dangerous. I don't think there is anything wrong with someone utilizing their faith and modern science. At worst, it keeps a person in good spirits, which is helpful. 

Sorry again!

no worries buddy. i'm a devout believer in god and prayer, but i believe in medicine and research too because i believe those things come from god. you seem like a nice guy and sorry what happened to your uncle.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 02:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You didn't show me an example of a cure of cancer, so they're two different animals.

My definition of "cure," when speaking about cancer, is to kill the cancer without just killing healthy bodily tissue, as well, which is what chemotherapy and radiation treatments do.

You made the claim it would be hard to patent a cure.  I showed you a cure.  And I showed you it was patented. 

If a pharmaceutical company develops "a cure for cancer" that would make them the most valuable pharmaceutical company in the history of mankind. No company is going to pay to suppress what would make Bill Gates' and Elon Musk's fortunes look like chump change.

A 50-Year Journey to Cure Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia - PMC (nih.gov)

Quote:This once uniformly fatal cancer has been transformed to one with a cure rate approaching 90% in many developed countries
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 08:05 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: science and medicine and such is fine but has it's limits. for anyone suffering from cancer, humbling yourself to the savior and asking for his help goes much farther. i'm all for research and whatnot but don't forget the biggest cure of all!

hopefully don't get cancelled of the board for giving an alternative to go along with science and research. just wanted to remind people that it's a very real and powerful option too.

Who invented cancer? Isn't it just part of the plan?
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 10:01 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Who invented cancer? Isn't it just part of the plan?

all disease is the result of the fall. thankfully, we've been given the tools to fight it and overcome. 
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 01:29 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: all disease is the result of the fall. thankfully, we've been given the tools to fight it and overcome. 

Just to be clear, your god gave us medicine and doctors to fight sickness, but he still kills you unless you beg him not to, correct?

And why did he wait so long and let so many people suffer and die before giving us the medicine we have today to treat these illnesses?  Is it because people today are better than they were in the past?  Did he cripple and kill all of those kids that had polio because they did not deserve the vaccine we have for kids today?
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 01:29 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: all disease is the result of the fall. thankfully, we've been given the tools to fight it and overcome. 

Yeah, it was a punishment. Who meted out the punishment?
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 02:18 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yeah, it was a punishment. Who meted out the punishment?

we were given rules. we broke those rules. there were consequences given. there were also solutions given.

not much more complicated than that buddy. up to you if you want to seek the solutions.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 09:59 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You made the claim it would be hard to patent a cure.  I showed you a cure.  And I showed you it was patented. 

If a pharmaceutical company develops "a cure for cancer" that would make them the most valuable pharmaceutical company in the history of mankind. No company is going to pay to suppress what would make Bill Gates' and Elon Musk's fortunes look like chump change.

A 50-Year Journey to Cure Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia - PMC (nih.gov)

A patent for cancer would be completely different than the patent you mentioned.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 02:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: A patent for cancer would be completely different than the patent you mentioned.

Why?

Why can't the drug in this study be patented? 

What is the difference?
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 02:28 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: we were given rules. we broke those rules. there were consequences given. there were also solutions given.

not much more complicated than that buddy. up to you if you want to seek the solutions.

Why are innocent children today suffering painful deaths from cancer because of something one woman did thousands of years ago?

Isn't your political party kind of famous for saying people can't be held responsible for something that happened before they were alive?
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 02:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why are innocent children today suffering painful deaths from cancer because of something one woman did thousands of years ago?

Isn't your political party kind of famous for saying people can't be held responsible for something that happened before they were alive?

to the first question, because that women rejected paradise and chose suffering instead. we are all descendants of her choice and with her choice, suffering was introduced into the world, but we were given a second chance at paradise thankfully.

to the second question, i have no idea what you're talking about.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 03:52 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: to the first question, because that women rejected paradise and chose suffering instead. we are all descendants of her choice and with her choice, suffering was introduced into the world, but we were given a second chance at paradise thankfully.

You obviously did not understand the question.

Why are innocent children (as well as everyone else who has lived over the past few thousand years) being punished for something they did not do?

Isn't the entire theory of "punishment" meant to be doing something bad to someone who did something bad?  Can you even define it as "punishment" when it is enforced on people who did nothing wrong?  Seems to me "cruelty" is a better term in this case.
Reply/Quote