Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Candidates for 2020 elections.
(04-17-2019, 04:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Here it is:
http://time.com/5528621/andrew-yang-universal-basic-income/

Universal basic income of $1,000/month for every American.

Nothing quite like proposing something that will cost ~$3t/yr.

The birthrate would also likely explode instead of the fact we probably should try to get the US population back under 300m for nature and fresh water preservation.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(04-25-2019, 07:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nothing quite like proposing something that will cost ~$3t/yr.

The birthrate would also likely explode instead of the fact we probably should try to get the US population back under 300m for nature and fresh water preservation.

Not that I support the plan but I always get a giggle about how the right has a problem the "cost" or a proposal or screams "how will we pay for it" when the plan involves helping a majority of people (education, healthcare, income) versus helping a handful of people.  Or social programs versus military programs.

Meanwhile the deficit grows at a faster rate under the current administration thanks to....Republicans.

It's funny.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-26-2019, 07:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: Not that I support the plan but I always get a giggle about how the right has a problem the "cost" or a proposal or screams "how will we pay for it" when the plan involves helping a majority of people (education, healthcare, income) versus helping a handful of people.  Or social programs versus military programs.

Meanwhile the deficit grows at a faster rate under the current administration thanks to....Republicans.

It's funny.

Along those lines (and speaking of candidates) Biden is still being questioned for "groping women" and how he didn't apologize "right".  Trump just says he wouldn't grope someone because she is too ugly and his fans applaud.  Or he denies it ever happened (Stormy) until he finally admits it's all true and he lied about it but that it wasn't a crime so it doesn't matter and his fans applaud.

JJ had a point in the thread where he said Democrats are held to a higher standard...by both sides.
Gabbard is the best choice, and probably the only candidate that would make me vote Dem.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(04-26-2019, 07:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: Not that I support the plan but I always get a giggle about how the right has a problem the "cost" or a proposal or screams "how will we pay for it" when the plan involves helping a majority of people (education, healthcare, income) versus helping a handful of people.  Or social programs versus military programs.

It's funny.

If you are calling me "the right", then you need some corrections to the rest of your post.

I have long said that the US also needs to cut back hard on military spending via reduction of some of the absurd cost overrun programs (*cough*F35*cough*) and by reducing our global footprint. We could easily pull our presence out of half the places we are at while still maintaining the ability to militarily respond to any point in the world.

I am quite consistent with my calls of "cost" and "how will we pay for it". We need to accept that there needs to be some lean years of services as we get our shit together as far as the budget and defecit go. It is just nobody wants to be the President/Senator/Representative who tells people that the endless spending gravytrain needs to stop.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(04-26-2019, 02:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If you are calling me "the right", then you need some corrections to the rest of your post.

I have long said that the US also needs to cut back hard on military spending via reduction of some of the absurd cost overrun programs (*cough*F35*cough*) and by reducing our global footprint. We could easily pull our presence out of half the places we are at while still maintaining the ability to militarily respond to any point in the world.

I am quite consistent with my calls of "cost" and "how will we pay for it". We need to accept that there needs to be some lean years of services as we get our shit together as far as the budget and defecit go. It is just nobody wants to be the President/Senator/Representative who tells people that the endless spending gravytrain needs to stop.

Then I was talking about you. ThumbsUp

Your post is what got me thinking about that though.   Smirk
(04-26-2019, 11:01 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Gabbard is the best choice, and probably the only candidate that would make me vote Dem.

Her past views are abhorrent. She doesn't get the excuse of age since she's in her 30's. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Trump defended his "fine people" comment after Biden made it the focal point of his announcement. He said he was only referring to the people who weren't Nazis/White Supremacists, just Robert E Lee fans, that attended the Nazi/white supremacist organized event...

(04-26-2019, 02:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Trump defended his "fine people" comment after Biden made it the focal point of his announcement. He said he was only referring to the people who weren't Nazis/White Supremacists, just Robert E Lee fans, that attended the Nazi/white supremacist organized event...

I never know anymore when DJT is just dumb or just unable to put together coherent thoughts so he sounds dumber than he is.
(04-26-2019, 02:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: I never know anymore when DJT is just dumb or just unable to put together coherent thoughts so he sounds dumber than he is.

He went on to say that military advisors agreed with him that people respect Robert E Lee, though that still ignores the fact that the protest was organized by white supremacists and they led it by chanting nazi slogans. 

If the Klan was holding a rally for Chick-fil-a, I wouldn't attend it just because I love their sandwiches.

Quote:Examples? I am genuinely curious. "Abhorrent" is a very strong word. 

Worked for the Alliance of Traditional Marriage.  Referred to the group pushing for marriage equality as "Homosexual Extremists"

Opposed Abortion.

Thats enough for me. Hard pass.  Next.  

Edit - this was in response to Aqua's question since deleted.
(04-26-2019, 02:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He went on to say that military advisors agreed with him that people respect Robert E Lee, though that still ignores the fact that the protest was organized by white supremacists and they led it by chanting nazi slogans. 

If the Klan was holding a rally for Chick-fil-a, I wouldn't attend it just because I love their sandwiches.

[Image: 16708477_387730118268462_106028434986668...e=5D31ABC1]
(04-26-2019, 02:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He went on to say that military advisors agreed with him that people respect Robert E Lee, though that still ignores the fact that the protest was organized by white supremacists and they led it by chanting nazi slogans. 

Would the sandwiches be free at said rally?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(04-26-2019, 03:30 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Worked for the Alliance of Traditional Marriage.  Referred to the group pushing for marriage equality as "Homosexual Extremists"

Opposed Abortion.

Thats enough for me. Hard pass.  Next.  

Edit - this was in response to Aqua's question since deleted.

Yep, called people who wanted even just civil unions "extremists" and argued against Hawaii looking into discrimination against LGBT students, saying it wasn't a problem and would push kids to be gay. Worked with her dad's group that pushed against the LGBT community and promoted conversion therapy.

I truly wish that Mr. Biden had chosen to rest on his laurels and contribute from the sidelines, instead of entering the race.
(04-30-2019, 04:13 PM)Lucidus Wrote: I truly wish that Mr. Biden had chosen to rest on his laurels and contribute from the sidelines, instead of entering the race.

Me too. But on the other hand, he is leading the Dem field right now.  Maybe with the right VP he could work. Then step down for the VP in 2024.
The grown up goes to an LBGT event while the children criticize him for not being radical enough in Cali:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/03/politics/2020-democrats-california-progressives-joe-biden/index.html

Quote:Biden's leading challengers won those audiences over by using him as a punching bag.

They didn't say Biden's name, but they made clear references to his campaigning on the notion that Trump's four years will be treated as an "aberration," his calls for a return to normalcy in Washington and his prediction that Republicans will have an "epiphany" once Trump leaves the White House.

"Some Democrats in Washington believe the only changes we can get are tweaks and nudges. If they dream at all, they dream small," Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren said in her speech at the Democratic convention.

"Some say if we all just calm down, the Republicans will come to their senses," she said. "But our country is in a time of crisis. The time for small ideas is over."

South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg hit a similar theme Saturday, saying: "In these times, Democrats can no more promise to take us back to the 2000s or 1990s than conservatives can take us back to the 1950s. We can only look forward."

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders on Sunday continued the barrage of criticism aimed at Biden, casting his 2020 rival as pursuing a "middle ground" ideology and blasting him for skipping the gathering.

"As you all know, there is a debate among presidential candidates who have spoken to you here in this room and those who have chosen for whatever reason not to be in this room about the best way forward," Sanders said as attendees booed. "So let me be as clear as I can be: In my view, we will not beat Donald Trump unless we bring excitement and energy into the campaign."

"And unless we give millions of working people and young people a reason to vote and a reason to believe that politics is relevant to their lives," he said.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-03-2019, 10:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The grown up goes to an LBGT event while the children criticize him for not being radical enough in Cali:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/03/politics/2020-democrats-california-progressives-joe-biden/index.html

Why'd you use the term "radical"?
(06-04-2019, 06:02 AM)hollodero Wrote: Why'd you use the term "radical"?

It's easier to dismiss ideas as radical than to argue the merits of it, especially when your party is actively championing forcing 12 year olds to give birth to their uncle's child after being raped.  

(06-04-2019, 08:51 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's easier to dismiss ideas as radical than to argue the merits of it, especially when your party is actively championing forcing 12 year olds to give birth to their uncle's child after being raped.  

You know we, as a country, have gone in the wrong direction when center-left policies are dismissed as "radical."
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR