Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Candidates for 2020 elections.

Pete gave a major foreign policy speech today

-Congress needs to repeal "blank check" for war on terror

-Rejoin Iran nuclear deal

-"You will not see me exchanging love letters on WH letterhead with a brutal dictator who starves and murders his own people"

-Sanctions must remain until changes seen in NK

-Maintain limited, focused, and specialized counter terrorism and intelligence missions in places like Afghanistan

-Need to acknowledge threat of domestic right wing extremism

-Russia's attacks on our elections weaken the US. Must deter it.

-Repair strained relationships with NATO allies

-Two state solution in Israel is the only viable way forward

-US would not foot the bill for the annexation of West Bank

-Climate change is a real issue we need to address; Rejoin Paris Climate Agreement

"The world needs America. But not just any America. Not an America that has reduced itself to just one more player, scrapping its way through an amoral worldwide scrum for narrow advantage. It has to be America at our best... It has to be an America that knows how to make better the everyday life of its citizens and that of people around the world, knowing how much one has to do with the other."

This is where he'll lose you guys... "We need a Pittsburgh summit" for climate change
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-11-2019, 05:31 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote:

Pete gave a major foreign policy speech today

-Congress needs to repeal "blank check" for war on terror

-Rejoin Iran nuclear deal

-"You will not see me exchanging love letters on WH letterhead with a brutal dictator who starves and murders his own people"

-Sanctions must remain until changes seen in NK

-Maintain limited, focused, and specialized counter terrorism and intelligence missions in places like Afghanistan

-Need to acknowledge threat of domestic right wing extremism

-Russia's attacks on our elections weaken the US. Must deter it.

-Repair strained relationships with NATO allies

-Climate change is a real issue we need to address; Rejoin Paris Climate Agreement

"The world needs America. But not just any America. Not an America that has reduced itself to just one more player, scrapping its way through an amoral worldwide scrum for narrow advantage. It has to be America at our best... It has to be an America that knows how to make better the everyday life of its citizens and that of people around the world, knowing how much one has to do with the other."

This is where he'll lose you guys... "We need a Pittsburgh summit" for climate change

Basically undo everything current POTUS has done. Seems that what the current one has done. Maybe he could come up with MAGAA hats. Make America Great Again Again. 

WTS, he's far from my least favorite Liberal. I'm eager to see them debate each other instead of just Joe and the current POTUS. I can see the first debate now: 19 v.1.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-11-2019, 05:31 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: .....

He's got my vote.
(06-11-2019, 07:09 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: He's got my vote.

At least you're easy to please. 

It would take legalization of Marijuana to sway me. Then I'd give a damn how many states Isreal has

First debate(s) is set. The top 20 candidates were split into two groups randomly.

[Image: 64369128_10156393461136680_2089330301913...e=5D8D5C8F]

Warren, Booker, Beto, and Klobuchar will look to control the conversation on the first night, while anyone not named Biden or Bernie will look to score some points and headlines at the expense of the old timers on the second night.

I predicted Julian Castro as a candidate a couple of years ago, but I have not heard of him having much support. I still say he is one to keep an eye on.

I can pretty much guarantee that whoever is leading right now will NOT get the nomination.
(06-14-2019, 06:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: First debate(s) is set. The top 20 candidates were split into two groups randomly.

[Image: 64369128_10156393461136680_2089330301913...e=5D8D5C8F]

Warren, Booker, Beto, and Klobuchar will look to control the conversation on the first night, while anyone not named Biden or Bernie will look to score some points and headlines at the expense of the old timers on the second night.

Two questions:

Is that this upcoming Wednesday Night?

How is my man Seth Moulton not top 20?

EDIT: Additional point.

The whole "Random Draw" is so Liberal "everybody gets a juice box" mentality. When the GOP was crowded they had the haves and the have nots.

(06-14-2019, 07:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Two questions:

Is that this upcoming Wednesday Night?

How is my man Seth Moulton not top 20?

The 26th. 

Since Moulton's candidacy is relatively new (less than 2 months old), he hasn't reached the threshold yet (either 1% in 3 major polls or 65,000 donors total with 200 in 20 states). He'll probably qualify for the next one. 

I believe they divided it so 5 of the top 10 were in each debate, but it really seems like Night 2 is THE night. Should have just done something like:

1st, 4th, 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th, 13th, 15th, 17th, 19th
2nd, 3rd, 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 18th, 20th

But the Bernie bros would have flipped a shit if Bernie wasn't with Biden.

(06-14-2019, 07:07 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The 26th. 

Since Moulton's candidacy is relatively new (less than 2 months old), he hasn't reached the threshold yet (either 1% in 3 major polls or 65,000 donors total with 200 in 20 states). He'll probably qualify for the next one. 

I believe they divided it so 5 of the top 10 were in each debate, but it really seems like Night 2 is THE night. Should have just done something like:

1st, 4th, 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th, 13th, 15th, 17th, 19th
2nd, 3rd, 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 18th, 20th

But the Bernie bros would have flipped a shit if Bernie wasn't with Biden.

Egh, on further investigation, that doesn't really work when only 5 candidates have more than 5%. The top 5 make up like 75% of the support in the polls.