Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Candidates for 2020 elections.
I actually think this is good for the Dems. They should have to battle it out instead of having an anointed one like Hillary was. Hate Trump all you want, but he had to actually beat a lot of people.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-21-2019, 12:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: This group seems like a whole lot of suck. I'm hoping there is a late entrant that can get people excited.

I'm right there with ya. I was just saying this to my wife, this morning. I am not really excited about any candidate in the arena, thus far.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-21-2019, 12:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: This group seems like a whole lot of suck. I'm hoping there is a late entrant that can get people excited.

Don't worry Spartacus will be along to save the day
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-21-2019, 01:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm right there with ya. I was just saying this to my wife, this morning. I am not really excited about any candidate in the arena, thus far.

I'm so burned out by the constant running for office I don't even care who is announcing now.  Less than two years away and it still feels like it's too soon to even talk about it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-21-2019, 01:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Don't worry Spartacus will be along to save the day

is that Trump's nickname for Beto?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-21-2019, 01:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: is that Trump's nickname for Beto?

Booker's nickname for Booker

(01-21-2019, 01:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Booker's nickname for Booker

lol, that was good

The Booker joke in this skit was spot on

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/23/us/politics/pete-buttigieg-mayor-south-bend-president.html

Pete Buttigieg, 37 year old mayor of South Bend, Indiana, is running for President.

Yes, the mayor of a city of 100,000...

(01-23-2019, 02:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/23/us/politics/pete-buttigieg-mayor-south-bend-president.html

Pete Buttigieg, 37 year old mayor of South Bend, Indiana, is running for President.

Yes, the mayor of a city of 100,000...

Does political experience matter after 2016?  Seriously.
(01-23-2019, 02:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: Does political experience matter after 2016?  Seriously.

According to 2016 political experience is a detriment. I fully expect the Democratic candidate to point out that Trump is a terrifyingly experienced political now.
(01-23-2019, 02:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: Does political experience matter after 2016?  Seriously.

Yes. It's clear that it is necessary. 

When's the last time it did matter? Did Obama get elected in 2008 because of his political experience?

It should matter, but it does not

(01-23-2019, 07:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When's the last time it did matter? Did Obama get elected in 2008 because of his political experience?

It should matter, but it does not

No he did not.  He did have some though.  And proved be a good learner.

Perhaps I should ask since when does being smart matter?
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/1/24/18195926/joe-biden-2020-speech-fred-upton

Biden under fire after the NYT's reported that he was paid $200k for a speech in Michigan last October. He trashed Trump but offered praise for Republican Congressman Fred Upton (uncle of Kate), praising him as a person who he had a great working relationship with.

Biden responded today at the national conference of mayors by brushing off the criticism and saying "I read in New York Times today that I --- that one of my problems is if I ever run for president, I like Republicans. Bless me father for I have sinned. But…from where I come from I don't know how you get anything done."

Biden is pitching himself as someone who would be willing to work with Republicans in a field that is increasingly moving left.

(01-24-2019, 09:15 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/1/24/18195926/joe-biden-2020-speech-fred-upton

Biden under fire after the NYT's reported that he was paid $200k for a speech in Michigan last October. He trashed Trump but offered praise for Republican Congressman Fred Upton (uncle of Kate), praising him as a person who he had a great working relationship with.

Biden responded today at the national conference of mayors by brushing off the criticism and saying "I read in New York Times today that I --- that one of my problems is if I ever run for president, I like Republicans. Bless me father for I have sinned. But…from where I come from I don't know how you get anything done."

Biden is pitching himself as someone who would be willing to work with Republicans in a field that is increasingly moving left.

I like Joe and cannot imagine the pain he has suffered throughout his life, but dude is just too old.  

(01-21-2019, 12:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/gma/sen-kamala-harris-announces-she-run-president-2020-123603372--abc-news-topstories.html

Surprise, surprise..Kamala Harris throws her hat into the ring.

God help us if anyone from CA becomes POTUS anytime soon.  The politics in this state are batshit insane right now.
Howard Schultz stated there's a good chance he'll run as an Independent in 2020.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/howard-schultz-aiming-for-the-centrist-vote-has-already-alienated-centrists/ar-BBSRFfP

Quote:"I don't care if you're a Democrat, independent, Libertarian, Republican. Bring me your ideas. And I will be an independent person who will embrace those ideas," he said. "Because I am not, in any way, in bed with a party."

This makes many Dems mad:
Quote:Neera Tanden, the head of the Center for American Progress and a former Hillary Clinton advisor, threatened to boycott Starbucks "because I'm not giving a penny that will end up in the election coffers of a guy who will help Trump win."

And of course POTUS had to chime in with his BS:
Quote:Watched him on

@ 60Minutes
last night and I agree with him that he is not the 'smartest person,'" Trump wrote. "Besides, America already has that! I only hope that Starbucks is still paying me their rent in Trump Tower!"

(01-28-2019, 08:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Howard Schultz stated there's a good chance he'll run as an Independent in 2020.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/howard-schultz-aiming-for-the-centrist-vote-has-already-alienated-centrists/ar-BBSRFfP

This makes many Dems mad:

And of course POTUS had to chime in with his BS:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bloomberg-warns-howard-schultz-against-independent-run-for-president-in-2020/

Bloomberg responds:

Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg issued a thinly veiled warning to fellow billionaire Howard Schultz over the former Starbucks CEO's consideration of an independent bid for the presidency. In a statement Monday, Bloomberg said an independent candidate would split the anti-Trump vote and hand the president a second term.

"Given the strong pull of partisanship and the realities of the electoral college system, there is no way an independent can win. That is truer today than ever before," Bloomberg said. "In 2020, the great likelihood is that an independent would just split the anti-Trump vote and end up re-electing the President. That's a risk I refused to run in 2016 and we can't afford to run it now."

(01-28-2019, 09:09 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bloomberg-warns-howard-schultz-against-independent-run-for-president-in-2020/

Bloomberg responds:

Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg issued a thinly veiled warning to fellow billionaire Howard Schultz over the former Starbucks CEO's consideration of an independent bid for the presidency. In a statement Monday, Bloomberg said an independent candidate would split the anti-Trump vote and hand the president a second term.

"Given the strong pull of partisanship and the realities of the electoral college system, there is no way an independent can win. That is truer today than ever before," Bloomberg said. "In 2020, the great likelihood is that an independent would just split the anti-Trump vote and end up re-electing the President. That's a risk I refused to run in 2016 and we can't afford to run it now."

I for one welcome our new billionaire overlords.