Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cap 3: Civil War
(05-19-2015, 09:46 PM)Ryuko Wrote: Please elaborate. The Incredible Hulk was a part of the MCU, as evidenced by the fact that RDJ/Tony Stark shows up at the end of it to recruit him into the Avengers (via the General).

How about you stop being a nitpicky ***** prick. You know exactly what I meant and you're just trying to cause arguments like the other 50% of posters here. And he has NOT had 2 MCU movies. Hulk 2003 isn't a part of it. And Gods be damned if I don't enter the words no longer has solo movies into that giant amount of text. And I lumped them together because of how close they were in AoU.

Not to mention the other solo films will all have trilogies as opposed to the one Hulk film.

God damn, people can't think of anything else to do on here but argue about the dumbest inane things.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 06:58 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: How about you stop being a nitpicky ***** prick. You know exactly what I meant and you're just trying to cause arguments like the other 50% of posters here. And he has NOT had 2 MCU movies. Hulk 2003 isn't a part of it. And Gods be damned if I don't enter the words no longer has solo movies into that giant amount of text. And I lumped them together because of how close they were in AoU.

Not to mention the other solo films will all have trilogies as opposed to the one Hulk film.

God damn, people can't think of anything else to do on here but argue about the dumbest inane things.

Really bummed to see that group made the move honestly.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 04:13 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It's been 7 years.
He's been recast.
Nothing from that movie has held any relevance in the MCU outside of the news that Thunderbolt will be in Civil War played by Hurt.

While *technically* the movie counts, Mark Ruffalo will NOT be getting a Hulk movie. He is in, for all intents and purposes, the same boat as Nick Fury, Black Widow, Vision, Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye....really cool characters but not getting solo movies. Their stories will be told through the movies of others.

This is just like they are in the comics. Who always has an ongoing series or two? Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor. Who usually do not? Black Widow, The Vision, and Hawkeye. Recently, they have been forcing solos for these characters to ride the success of the movies and make more money, but generally, they've been comic b-listers, and rarely the driving force of the storyline.

The exception is the Hulk. He always has an ongoing....it just always blows.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 11:49 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: This is just like they are in the comics.  Who always has an ongoing series or two?  Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor.  Who usually do not? Black Widow, The Vision, and Hawkeye.  Recently, they have been forcing solos for these characters to ride the success of the movies and make more money, but generally, they've been comic b-listers, and rarely the driving force of the storyline.

The exception is the Hulk. He always has an ongoing....it just always blows.

Agree.
Which is why it's silly to try and claim the Hulk is standalone anymore. He isn't.
Just like with Punisher, I wouldn't be mad if he were an "accessory" character in a MCU movie. Or just given a damn TV show finally like he should have.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 06:58 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: How about you stop being a nitpicky ***** prick. You know exactly what I meant and you're just trying to cause arguments like the other 50% of posters here. And he has NOT had 2 MCU movies. Hulk 2003 isn't a part of it. And Gods be damned if I don't enter the words no longer has solo movies into that giant amount of text. And I lumped them together because of how close they were in AoU.

No they don't.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2015, 12:58 PM)Benton Wrote: No they don't.

Mellow

I see what you're doing there Benton I won't fall for it Smirk
Reply/Quote

Holy damn, look at the irony.

I was honestly not sure if you were aware that the Incredible Hulk was a part of the MCU. Many people aren't since it was distributed by a different company, and doesn't have the same actor. The fact that you went out of your way to mention it made ME think YOU might have known something I didn't, which is why I politely asked you to elaborate instead of flying off the handle and lobbing insults.

Next time, I promise not to assume you know what you're talking about. I've learned my lesson.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 04:13 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It's been 7 years.
He's been recast.
Nothing from that movie has held any relevance in the MCU outside of the news that Thunderbolt will be in Civil War played by Hurt.

While *technically* the movie counts, Mark Ruffalo will NOT be getting a Hulk movie. He is in, for all intents and purposes, the same boat as Nick Fury, Black Widow, Vision, Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye....really cool characters but not getting solo movies. Their stories will be told through the movies of others.

[Image: 62f538b129e13afc6c7d9b9278b63f63f4c91e1f...f538f8.jpg]

...and Falcon and War Machine and Star Lord and Rocket...

Iron Man's films don't have any bearing on the Avengers movies, and there are no plans for a 4th. Does that mean he hasn't had a solo film? Of course not. Brandishing "technically" like it's some sort of negating or disqualifying word is silly.

I read what Carolina wrote assuming there was some sort of retroactive elimination of Incredible Hulk from the MCU that I hadn't heard about. There wasn't. Now maybe we can go back to civilly discussing the Civil War? ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2015, 09:49 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I really hope that you aren't serious and you are just being an annoying little shit over just that dumb

So much for my plea for civility...

And none of the Iron Man films had any more or less to do with the Avengers than Incredible Hulk. Iron Monger? Long gone. Whiplash? Nowhere to be found. Extremis? Irrelevant. The Ten Rings/Mandarin? Not even a whisper. Yeah, Black Widow and Nick Fury had cameos, but (as I previously mentioned) Stark had a cameo in Incredible Hulk. (According to your logic) Cameos & references don't count as much as major plotlines, which means the only direct Avengers prequels would be Captain America: The First Avenger (Tesseract) and Thor (Loki, Hawkeye), with the latter even being up for debate, since Loki and Hawkeye are merely recurring characters in the same way Hulk is.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2015, 09:56 PM)Ryuko Wrote: So much for my plea for civility...

And none of the Iron Man films had any more or less to do with the Avengers than Incredible Hulk. Iron Monger? Long gone. Whiplash? Nowhere to be found. Extremis? Irrelevant. The Ten Rings/Mandarin? Not even a whisper. Yeah, Black Widow and Nick Fury had cameos, but (as I previously mentioned) Stark had a cameo in Incredible Hulk. Apparently cameos & references don't count as much as major plotlines, according to you.

Your childishness is only outmatched by your ignorance.

Black Widow, Nick Fury, War Marchine...the vast majority of the tech used was set up through the Iron Man films as well as it being the catalyst that launched the Cap America and Thor movies. Without Iron Man being a success, we likely are not here today. The use of the drones (from AOU) was first seen in IM3.

The Incredible Hulk (2008) was largely ignored for SEVEN YEARS. Civil War bringing in Thunderbolt with the same actor is the FIRST time that movie is getting any play. No mention of Betty. No mention of the Abomination or the Leader.

It's the black sheep of the MCU.
It is pretty clear what the original comment was about. And you decided to nitpick.
Reply/Quote
Let's try to make sure this thread doesn't turn into a civil war.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2015, 09:56 PM)Ryuko Wrote: So much for my plea for civility...

And none of the Iron Man films had any more or less to do with the Avengers than Incredible Hulk. Iron Monger? Long gone. Whiplash? Nowhere to be found. Extremis? Irrelevant. The Ten Rings/Mandarin? Not even a whisper. Yeah, Black Widow and Nick Fury had cameos, but (as I previously mentioned) Stark had a cameo in Incredible Hulk. (According to your logic) Cameos & references don't count as much as major plotlines, which means the only direct Avengers prequels would be Captain America: The First Avenger (Tesseract) and Thor (Loki, Hawkeye), with the latter even being up for debate, since Loki and Hawkeye are merely recurring characters in the same way Hulk is.

Your childishness is only outmatched by your ignorance.

The first Iron Man movie established the need for the Avengers team. You have a private citizen arming himself and calling himself a super hero. You also had Coulson introduce SHIELD. The second movie introduced Black Widow (more than a cameo) and saw more development of Nick Fury. The third movie developed Stark further, including his fears, and saw the development of his drone-like suits. All of that led to Ultron.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I'm looking forward to Black Panther...always liked the character.

[Image: 537ba26276348.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2015, 09:08 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The first Iron Man movie established the need for the Avengers team. You have a private citizen arming himself and calling himself a super hero. You also had Coulson introduce SHIELD. The second movie introduced Black Widow (more than a cameo) and saw more development of Nick Fury. The third movie developed Stark further, including his fears, and saw the development of his drone-like suits. All of that led to Ultron.

The trolls have derailed this to the point where we've forgotten that I don't actually think the IM movies were irrelevant. I mentioned them in comparison to the IH movie, both IM and IH which are, in fact, relevant to the greater storyline of the MCU.

(05-21-2015, 06:43 PM)Ryuko Wrote: Iron Man's films don't have any bearing (aside from character introduction, which Hulk also has) on the Avengers movies, and there are no plans for a 4th. Does that mean he hasn't had a solo film? Of course not.

To clarify, let's just say this: All the movies are equally important to the MCU. Choosing to ignore one is tantamount to ignoring them all. We don't get to ignore the ones we don't like just because, and we don't get to pick and choose which aspects are important to the plot since it is a work in progress.

(05-22-2015, 03:32 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: I'm looking forward to Black Panther...always liked the character.

[Image: 537ba26276348.jpg]

I'm looking forward to learning more about him, honestly.
Reply/Quote