Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cap 3: Civil War
(05-13-2015, 07:57 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Planet Hulk was a really bad storyline, IMO, though a shit ton of people loved it.  I'd be all for seeing a new Hulk movie, but Planet Hulk just seems too ambitious.  I guess Marvel could pull it off though....they did have a ton of success with GOTG and are releasing an Ant-Man solo, after all.

It has to be a semi planet hulk, semi world war hulk story.

Hulk is exiled into space and comes back pissed.

Or you just do a rando hulk in space movie
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Are there characters who die in Civil War? Besides maybe Cap
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 09:00 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Are there characters who die in Civil War? Besides maybe Cap

I think Cap is the best bet. I don't see anyone else dying, that would make it too dark.

We are talking about a movie that's a year away, though...
Reply/Quote
I cant wait because it definitely will set up the Avenger Infinity movies. Well that and the next Guardians too I have to imagine since the 3rd infinity stone was introduced in their first movie (which outside of the Avengers is my favorite Marvel movie). I also think the next Guardians might introduce the Soul Gemb stone with Adam Warlock emerging, as he was confirmed to be the cocoon in the Collecter's collection.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 11:55 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I cant wait because it definitely will set up the Avenger Infinity movies. Well that and the next Guardians too I have to imagine since the 3rd infinity stone was introduced in their first movie (which outside of the Avengers is my favorite Marvel movie). I also think the next Guardians might introduce the Soul Gemb stone with Adam Warlock emerging, as he was confirmed to be the cocoon in the Collecter's collection.

I honestly don't think we'll see much in the way of Infinity Stones or setup in CA:CW, there's too much going on already!

My best guess is that Thanos will get some screentime in Thor 3, since Thor is the only Avenger who actually knows what the stones are (thanks to Scarlet Witch), and that the last stones will appear in GotG2 and Doctor Strange. I'm not convinced that Adam Warlock actually shows up, either. That would make for pretty major casting news, and his origin story would be too similar to what they did with Vision. I feel like his cocoon was more of an Easter Egg for fans, and a jumping off point in case they run out of ideas after the Infinity War.

Also, Asa Butterfield has been cast as Peter Parker for the MCU. That lucky SOB gets to play another of my childhood favorites (the other being Ender Wiggin), but I have never seen him say anything remotely funny. I hope he delivers.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 05:40 PM)Ryuko Wrote: I honestly don't think we'll see much in the way of Infinity Stones or setup in CA:CW, there's too much going on already!

My best guess is that Thanos will get some screentime in Thor 3, since Thor is the only Avenger who actually knows what the stones are (thanks to Scarlet Witch), and that the last stones will appear in GotG2 and Doctor Strange. I'm not convinced that Adam Warlock actually shows up, either. That would make for pretty major casting news, and his origin story would be too similar to what they did with Vision. I feel like his cocoon was more of an Easter Egg for fans, and a jumping off point in case they run out of ideas after the Infinity War.

Also, Asa Butterfield has been cast as Peter Parker for the MCU. That lucky SOB gets to play another of my childhood favorites (the other being Ender Wiggin), but I have never seen him say anything remotely funny. I hope he delivers.

It'll set up the state of the Avengers going into those movies, but I agree, nothing about the stones/gems/thanos.

Also, I don't love the Butterfield casting, but it makes sense because he's like 18 or 19. All the images I've seen are him younger, but here he is now

[Image: tumblr_nhpjum5Ef61s01fsdo1_500.jpg]

Ok, not terrible as Pete. More HS geek like he really was.

When it was down to 5 people, I preferred Nat Wolff from the Fault in our Stars or whatever

[Image: The_Fault_in_our_Stars_38697.jpg]

Looks like he'd be funny and looks more like Pete to me. Either way, they're going to have to get whoever they have play Pete buff up.

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 10:53 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It'll set up the state of the Avengers going into those movies, but I agree, nothing about the stones/gems/thanos.

Also, I don't love the Butterfield casting, but it makes sense because he's like 18 or 19. All the images I've seen are him younger, but here he is now

[Image: tumblr_nhpjum5Ef61s01fsdo1_500.jpg]

Ok, not terrible as Pete. More HS geek like he really was.

When it was down to 5 people, I preferred  Nat Wolff from the Fault in our Stars or whatever

[Image: The_Fault_in_our_Stars_38697.jpg]

Looks like he'd be funny and looks more like Pete to me. Either way, they're going to have to get whoever they have play Pete buff up.

"Puny Parker" is what comes to my mind, and I think it's what is needed. The Avengers have enough brawn already that I don't mind Spider-Man being the scrawny agile guy he's meant to be. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think "buff" when I think of Spider-Man. Lean & toned, yes, but he's supposed to be 50 pounds smaller than Tony Stark (whose armor is responsible for the heavy lifting).

Anyway, I didn't see The Fault in our Stars (nor will I), so I don't know what advantages he may have over Butterfield other than the correct eye color. What I do know is that Orson Scott Card finally approved an Ender's Game movie after waiting 30 years for an actor with Asa's combination of youth and intelligence, which is a ringing endorsement in and of itself. And if he can't pull off the timing and wit needed while he's wearing the mask, I hope they have the sense to hire a voice actor. Garfield was a great Spider-Man and an awful Peter, and I think Asa is a perfect Peter. We just have to wait to see how well he pulls off Spider-Man. (Get it? "Pulls off"? Civil War joke? Aaaah)
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 11:57 AM)Ryuko Wrote: "Puny Parker" is what comes to my mind, and I think it's what is needed. The Avengers have enough brawn already that I don't mind Spider-Man being the scrawny agile guy he's meant to be. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think "buff" when I think of Spider-Man. Lean & toned, yes, but he's supposed to be 50 pounds smaller than Tony Stark (whose armor is responsible for the heavy lifting).

Anyway, I didn't see The Fault in our Stars (nor will I), so I don't know what advantages he may have over Butterfield other than the correct eye color. What I do know is that Orson Scott Card finally approved an Ender's Game movie after waiting 30 years for an actor with Asa's combination of youth and intelligence, which is a ringing endorsement in and of itself. And if he can't pull off the timing and wit needed while he's wearing the mask, I hope they have the sense to hire a voice actor. Garfield was a great Spider-Man and an awful Peter, and I think Asa is a perfect Peter. We just have to wait to see how well he pulls off Spider-Man. (Get it? "Pulls off"? Civil War joke? Aaaah)

Tone is a better word. Because of his abilities, he is naturally fit, but not "buff".

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 07:59 PM)Ryuko Wrote: Are there any good Hulk storylines? I could never get into his stories for the same reason I could never get into Superman's. I, for one, am glad there are no plans for more Hulk movies in the MCU.

There are two really good Hulk story-lines from probably 10-15 years ago:
'Professor Hulk' where Hulk was diagnosed with multiple person and they were merged was fantastic. Banner's brains with the Hulk's strength.

An offshoot of that story-line was the Maestro, a future version of the Hulk set in a dystopian future where all the other heroes and villains are dead except for the Hulk who is stronger than ever. Smart Hulk then squares off with his future self.

I'm not sure how either of these stories could be adapted into a movie but they were great stories.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 01:55 PM)nevergonnachange Wrote: There are two really good Hulk story-lines from probably 10-15 years ago:
'Professor Hulk' where Hulk was diagnosed with multiple person and they were merged was fantastic.  Banner's brains with the Hulk's strength.  

An offshoot of that story-line was the Maestro, a future version of the Hulk set in a dystopian future where all the other heroes and villains are dead except for the Hulk who is stronger than ever.  Smart Hulk then squares off with his future self.

I'm not sure how either of these stories could be adapted into a movie but they were great stories.

I like the one before that, with mr. Fixit.
Reply/Quote
I think Star Lord's dad will start getting some hints in Civil War.
That's who everyone *thinks* Adam Warlock would be in this.

If it isn't Warlock (makes sense for Infinity Wars) I think it will be Starfox or Starhawk (Star, duh)
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 01:28 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I think Star Lord's dad will start getting some hints in Civil War.
That's who everyone *thinks* Adam Warlock would be in this.

If it isn't Warlock (makes sense for Infinity Wars) I think it will be Starfox or Starhawk (Star, duh)

There are some good theories on this since it isn't Jayson. One is the Collector. The other, as you mentioned, is Adam Warlock

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 05:24 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: There are some good theories on this since it isn't Jayson. One is the Collector. The other, as you mentioned, is Adam Warlock

Hope it isn't the collector because I think a Warlock or Starhawk would be a good way to bring a kick ass character who isn't very popular (mainstream) into the light by making him the father of quite possibly one of their most popular characters now.
Reply/Quote
To be fair if you didn't like Age of Ultron because of it's large cast then "Captain America": Civil War would be worse at least if they did it right.

I also think they handled the AoU cast very well.

Captain America, Thor, Iron Man: Have their own movie series and still got plenty of screen time.

Hulk & Black Widow: Both got a lot of focus in this movie, which is good since they don't have solo's.

Hawkeye: Had his biggest time in the limelight yet and was a pretty nice highlight to finally see him on screen a while.

Vision: Great intro and probably my favorite part of the movie.

War Machine: Had a strong cameo, though they kind of joked around with him a bit too much, but that's how these comic movies usually are.

Falcon: Nice quick cameo after being great in Winter Soldier.

Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver got tons of screen time seeing as how they were bad guy henchmen turned Avengers.

Ultron: I think he was kind of scary at the beginning, but then they kicked his ass too easily in the end. What I did like was how human they made him. I liked that a lot.

Nick Fury: Probably his 3rd best appearance behind Winter Soldier and Avengers.

Also I think How I Met Your Mother girl was in it for a little bit and I noticed the SHIELD kid that wouldn't authorize the launch of the helicarriers and almost got shot by crossbones in Winter Soldier was a part of Fury's crew.

That's how an Avengers movie should be handled. Pretty much an appearance by every major and supporting character in the Cinematic Universe aside from "Thunderbolt" Ross and Loki (who was actually cut out of the final film). Well and Jane Foster (mentioned at least) and Pepper (Mentioned at least) and well Happy Hogan (He was probably behind the cameras since he directed several of the Marvel films).

Oh yeah and Winter Soldier, but there wasn't much need for him to appear he's still figuring things out at this point.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 03:20 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Ultron: I think he was kind of scary at the beginning, but then they kicked his ass too easily in the end. What I did like was how human they made him. I liked that a lot.

I think that had a lot to do with James Spader. I've read how the cast was just in awe of him on set.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 03:20 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: To be fair if you didn't like Age of Ultron because of it's large cast then "Captain America": Civil War would be worse at least if they did it right.

I also think they handled the AoU cast very well.

Captain America, Thor, Iron Man: Have their own movie series and still got plenty of screen time.

Hulk & Black Widow: Both got a lot of focus in this movie, which is good since they don't have solo's.

Hawkeye: Had his biggest time in the limelight yet and was a pretty nice highlight to finally see him on screen a while.

Vision: Great intro and probably my favorite part of the movie.

War Machine: Had a strong cameo, though they kind of joked around with him a bit too much, but that's how these comic movies usually are.

Falcon: Nice quick cameo after being great in Winter Soldier.

Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver got tons of screen time seeing as how they were bad guy henchmen turned Avengers.

Ultron: I think he was kind of scary at the beginning, but then they kicked his ass too easily in the end. What I did like was how human they made him. I liked that a lot.

Nick Fury: Probably his 3rd best appearance behind Winter Soldier and Avengers.

Also I think How I Met Your Mother girl was in it for a little bit and I noticed the SHIELD kid that wouldn't authorize the launch of the helicarriers and almost got shot by crossbones in Winter Soldier was a part of Fury's crew.

That's how an Avengers movie should be handled. Pretty much an appearance by every major and supporting character in the Cinematic Universe aside from "Thunderbolt" Ross and Loki (who was actually cut out of the final film). Well and Jane Foster (mentioned at least) and Pepper (Mentioned at least) and well Happy Hogan (He was probably behind the cameras since he directed several of the Marvel films).

Oh yeah and Winter Soldier, but there wasn't much need for him to appear he's still figuring things out at this point.

Well, he is a robot in the end and they could easily destroy his robots but he had so many. Remember, Vision was supposed to be his project. Vibranium and all. If he had Vision he would have been indestructible.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 03:20 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Hulk & Black Widow: Both got a lot of focus in this movie, which is good since they don't have solo's.

Please elaborate. The Incredible Hulk was a part of the MCU, as evidenced by the fact that RDJ/Tony Stark shows up at the end of it to recruit him into the Avengers (via the General).
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 09:46 PM)Ryuko Wrote: Please elaborate. The Incredible Hulk was a part of the MCU, as evidenced by the fact that RDJ/Tony Stark shows up at the end of it to recruit him into the Avengers (via the General).

Yes but he hasn't had a solo movie since because they have been awful.
They have basically said Hulk will not get another solo movie.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 11:15 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yes but he hasn't had a solo movie since because they have been awful.
They have basically said Hulk will not get another solo movie.

"Not get[ting] another" is very different than not having one in the first place. That's why I was asking for clarification as to why he lumped Hulk in with Black Widow when Hulk has had two solo films, while BW has had none.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 04:06 PM)Ryuko Wrote: "Not get[ting] another" is very different than not having one in the first place. That's why I was asking for clarification as to why he lumped Hulk in with Black Widow when Hulk has had two solo films, while BW has had none.

It's been 7 years.
He's been recast.
Nothing from that movie has held any relevance in the MCU outside of the news that Thunderbolt will be in Civil War played by Hurt.

While *technically* the movie counts, Mark Ruffalo will NOT be getting a Hulk movie. He is in, for all intents and purposes, the same boat as Nick Fury, Black Widow, Vision, Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye....really cool characters but not getting solo movies. Their stories will be told through the movies of others.
Reply/Quote