Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cap Space 2023 and 2022
I know teams do cap gymnastics and push cap down the road. It is interesting looking at teams up against the cap in 2022 and then look at where there are right now in 2023.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2023/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/ (this is 2022)

One thing that caught my eye is the Browns in 2023 only have 16 million in cap space and right now only have 19 million and 2022 off season is not over. The Watson contract kicks in 2023 is the reason of course. This also does not include the Ward contract in 2023 yet.

I know some think it does not matter, but I think it is interesting to see teams like the Saints still in cap hell in 2023 as are the Bucs.

I think TB needs to spend more money in 2022, I am nit sure hw much they can spend without making 2023 and 2024 worse.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I know Watson's contract doesn't hurt this year but I'm wondering how they'll have a competitive roster with how much they'll be paying him.

I don't think they've drafted overly well and Cleveland's not exactly a glamorous city that players will take discounts to come play for, so how have they won 7, 6, and 11 games the past three years and how are they expected to be a contender for a division title this year?

Are they just going to be royally screwed with the cap in future years?
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 08:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I know Watson's contract doesn't hurt this year but I'm wondering how they'll have a competitive roster with how much they'll be paying him.

I don't think they've drafted overly well and Cleveland's not exactly a glamorous city that players will take discounts to come play for, so how have they won 7, 6, and 11 games the past three years and how are they expected to be a contender for a division title this year?

Are they just going to be royally screwed with the cap in future years?

I may be wrong, but I don't see the NFL not punishing him for all of the negative press caused by his actions. I think the schedule is key, I hope we play the Browns 2x in first 8 games. We already know we don't play them in last game, we played them last year so unlikely NFL keeps exact same AFCN match ups in 2022.

I think he gets at least 6 to 8 games suspension, but time will tell.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I saw the Bucs restructured Brady's contract for 2022. Brady is a free agent in 2023 and as of now already is a 32 million dead cap hit for 2023 regardless of if he signs another contract to continue playing.

The Bucs are going all in and also leveraging the future to win in 2022. There will come a point they pay dearly because ask the Falcons, it is hard to eat over 30 million in dead cap money (Ryan) and be competitive.

Reply/Quote