Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cap room question
So I just have a question regarding the cap room requirements.

We have some $40M to spend this season. From what I understand we do have to spend a certain percentage of that money and we can carry a certain percentage over to next season. What percent do we have to spend and how do we get there?

Whit is reportedly gone, Zeitler is likely gone, and DreK is still up in the air. We know that $12M gets set aside for rookies/injury (Hobspin is already preparing us for a trade back in his latest article about Whit/Ogbuehi). We know that roughly $5M/season is going to LaFell.

If my projections are correct we should have roughly $23M to spend this offseason. So what cap room regulations are there in terms of minimum spending and how do you think we get there (remember: rookie/injury money is already deducted).
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:51 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: So I just have a question regarding the cap room requirements.

We have some $40M to spend this season. From what I understand we do have to spend a certain percentage of that money and we can carry a certain percentage over to next season. What percent do we have to spend and how do we get there?

Whit is reportedly gone, Zeitler is likely gone, and DreK is still up in the air.  We know that $12M gets set aside for rookies/injury (Hobspin is already preparing us for a trade back in his latest article about Whit/Ogbuehi). We know that roughly $5M/season is going to LaFell.

If my projections are correct we should have roughly $23M to spend this offseason. So what cap room regulations are there in terms of minimum spending and how do you think we get there (remember: rookie/injury money is already deducted).

We spent within 5 Million of the cap last year and 8 the year prior. The spending floor is a 4 year rolling average that we are in no danger of falling below. We will spend to within our usual 5-8 through extensions and such.
Reply/Quote