Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capers Turns Down Offer
Yesterday it was oh God, please don't hire Capers. Today it's oh God, Capers turned us down.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 03:37 PM)McC Wrote: Yesterday it was oh God, please don't hire Capers.  Today it's oh God, Capers turned us down.

I know, right? It seems some can't go a day without somehow trying to put a negative spin on the organization. 
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 03:37 PM)McC Wrote: Yesterday it was oh God, please don't hire Capers.  Today it's oh God, Capers turned us down.

I am indifferent towards who's being hired (aside from Del Rio I did want him) as DC. Im excited we have a fresh start and see what Taylor will bring and his decisions with coaching decisions. I posted this because it has been a topic on here and am curious why 2 veterans turned down/not interested in offer?

Aside from that, its just part of this offseason ride... but you know what?

It wont be a dead end ride with Lewis as HC!
Reply/Quote
I want the Gators DC Todd Gantham he’s been successful in the SEC and Florida’s defense was good last year in his first year there but there offense held them back. And he has NFL experience and was a DC with Cleveland over a decade ago he has experience and he’s probably hungry
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 02:12 PM)McC Wrote: So, really, the whole have to have a new coach with a new approach and his own plan was really a lot of crap or only applies if he does it the way we want him to do it.  Got it.

Hey, let's go get Marvin back.  He's got all the experience in the world.

Being concerned before he even does any coaching?  Drama queen shit.

As outrageous as it sounds, I'm just gonna wait until I see his team in action and not before.  Guess that makes me old fashioned but I don't see the wisdom in jumping to a million conclusions.  Call me crazy.  There will be plenty of time to worry later so I won't feel compelled to get a bunch of it in now.

Give me a break.  I have heard you complain about draft picks before they ever played a down.  I have heard you complain about things that happen (or did not happen) in free agency without waiting to see how the season played out.  In fact I have heard every person here do this sort of thing.

So if anyone with an opinion on our new coaching staff is a "drama queen", then so are you and everyone else here.  Your whole "I am superior because I believe Zac Taylor is infallible" act is pretty lame when you look at what you have done in the past.
Reply/Quote

Except the same people did not say those things on two different days.  You are just making that up.  
Reply/Quote
We'll all be happy if ZT makes a mockery of Marvins career here, but that doesn't mean we can't come to the board and debate and discuss the team. Clicking on these threads are voluntary. You don't have to read them if it upsets you so. You've been here long enough to know, we all have opinions and come here to express them. They aren't and never have been all positive. That's the beauty of this board. We are a smart crew and we know our team and the league.

Expect differing, wide range opinions.

I'm personally happy we aren't the eco chamber here.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 07:10 PM)McC Wrote: Fred pulling nonsense out of his ass, which, of course, is his specialty.  That, twisting the words of others and making shit up entirely.  The lawyer slime is deeply imbedded in you.

You know how I know when I have made a point someone can not refute?

They don't even try and instead resort to personal insults.

So why exactly is it okay for you to complain about draft picks before they play a single down, but if anyone says Zac Taylor is not perfect you start spewing personal insults?  

Not making anything up.

Not twisting anyone's words.

Just asking a very simple question. 
Reply/Quote
Zac is not perfect. But he's different, and thus, more entertaining. Unless you really really really really really like lots of clapping and blank stares.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 07:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: We'll all be happy if ZT makes a mockery of Marvins career here, but that doesn't mean we can't come to the board and debate and discuss the team. Clicking on these threads are voluntary. You don't have to read them if it upsets you so. You've been here long enough to know, we all have opinions and come here to express them. They aren't and never have been all positive. That's the beauty of this board. We are a smart crew and we know our team and the league.

Expect differing, wide range opinions.

I'm personally happy we aren't the eco chamber here.

SO much better than the old board......I agree, differing opinions are what makes this place shine.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 02:12 PM)McC Wrote: So, really, the whole have to have a new coach with a new approach and his own plan was really a lot of crap or only applies if he does it the way we want him to do it.  Got it.

Hey, let's go get Marvin back.  He's got all the experience in the world.

Being concerned before he even does any coaching?  Drama queen shit.

As outrageous as it sounds, I'm just gonna wait until I see his team in action and not before.  Guess that makes me old fashioned but I don't see the wisdom in jumping to a million conclusions.  Call me crazy.  There will be plenty of time to worry later so I won't feel compelled to get a bunch of it in now.
Well after reading the latest article in Bengals.com reinforces your opinion here and greatly encouraged me.

Specifically it dealt with the Frank Pollack issue.  I had assumed that he was the one that wanted to leave, but it turns out that it was the other way around: 

"But showing how committed Bengals president Mike Brown is to giving Taylor what he wants, he let Taylor hire his own line coach even though management loved Pollack and he had a year left on his deal.

Taylor admires Pollack, too. They had the same college coach. Bill Callahan. But Taylor is a stickler for communication and he wanted someone he knew well for that job. Turner, a colleague at Texas A&M and Miami, was his first choice and he got him. You’ll see the outside zone again, but the way Taylor wants it."

https://www.bengals.com/news/west-coast-story-begins-another-edition 

It shows me how intentional Taylor is and how confident he's going to get what he wants.

I know my opinion has been flipping in the breeze but count me as convinced of how well this guy is going to turn out.

Loved why Taylor picked Casey as the new TE coach.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 11:39 AM)3wt Wrote: Well after reading the latest article in Bengals.com reinforces your opinion here and greatly encouraged me.

Specifically it dealt with the Frank Pollack issue.  I had assumed that he was the one that wanted to leave, but it turns out that it was the other way around: 

"But showing how committed Bengals president Mike Brown is to giving Taylor what he wants, he let Taylor hire his own line coach even though management loved Pollack and he had a year left on his deal.

Taylor admires Pollack, too. They had the same college coach. Bill Callahan. But Taylor is a stickler for communication and he wanted someone he knew well for that job. Turner, a colleague at Texas A&M and Miami, was his first choice and he got him. You’ll see the outside zone again, but the way Taylor wants it."

https://www.bengals.com/news/west-coast-story-begins-another-edition 

It shows me how intentional Taylor is and how confident he's going to get what he wants.

I know my opinion has been flipping in the breeze but count me as convinced of how well this guy is going to turn out.

Loved why Taylor picked Casey as the new TE coach.

We're headed into the unknown brother, of course opinions will change as new information comes along.  That's learning as you go, in anything.  People who can't form and change opinions based on information presented to them and then having updated information are shortsighted.  I initially didn't like the hire either.  I didn't like Pollack leaving.  But as I delved into deeper, and now this, I can at least understand the move.  I'm warming up to it.

Reply/Quote
Regardless of whether you like this hire or hate it, I think if you were one of those people screaming for the new coach to have full control over his staff, you at the very least need to keep an open mind until this team actually takes the field this fall.

Turner comes across as a giant infant, but I have absolutely no idea what to expect from him as a coach in Taylor's system. That waits to be seen, so I will reserve judgement regardless of what I think of the man as a person.

If he sucks, he sucks. Then you just gotta hope Taylor doesn't keep him around longer than he should.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 11:30 AM)Wyche Wrote: SO much better than the old board......I agree, differing opinions are what makes this place shine.  

Yes nothing worse than Denny on the old board laying the hammer to people at random depending on his mood. All the mods here do an amazing job running the board and I love how they can be just as disappointed and voice it like everyone else.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 03:33 PM)GodFather Wrote: Yes nothing worse than Denny on the old board laying the hammer to people at random depending on his mood. All the mods here do an amazing job running the board and I love how they can be just as disappointed and voice it like everyone else.

Yes....agree with all you say, but this is a critical component here in my opinion. 

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 11:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: We're headed into the unknown brother, of course opinions will change as new information comes along.  That's learning as you go, in anything.  People who can't form and change opinions based on information presented to them and then having updated information are shortsighted.  I initially didn't like the hire either.  I didn't like Pollack leaving.  But as I delved into deeper, and now this, I can at least understand the move.  I'm warming up to it.

Me too Wyche.   A profile is emerging that I really like.  

The guy has a LOT of energy.  He's aggressive and confident and knows the importance of the big picture.  When he talks about thinking outside the box I get excited, when he says that football is more than Xs and Os I get excited, when he's willing to brush aside peoples opinions (like hiring Turner) because he knows "the rest of the story" I get excited.  When I hear he plans to call the plays even with an OC I think of Andy Reid and get excited.  And when he had a coach's seat at the school of Bill Bellichik - even if it was being schooled by Bellichik I get excited.  

Because I'm pretty sure he'll figure out what happened and be ready to adjust.

This is not a sit on your hands coach.  This is not a play not to lose kind of guy.   I'm pretty sure he'll make some big time mistakes.   But I believe he'll grow with them.

Pretty psyched right now truthfully.  The guy's got the most energy I've felt since... well, Sam Wyche!
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 03:33 PM)GodFather Wrote: Yes nothing worse than Denny on the old board laying the hammer to people at random depending on his mood. All the mods here do an amazing job running the board and I love how they can be just as disappointed and voice it like everyone else.

Amen to that.  Great place to be.  Grateful to everyone who made this happen and keep it up and running.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 03:54 PM)3wt Wrote: Me too Wyche.   A profile is emerging that I really like.  

The guy has a LOT of energy.  He's aggressive and confident and knows the importance of the big picture.  When he talks about thinking outside the box I get excited, when he says that football is more than Xs and Os I get excited, when he's willing to brush aside peoples opinions (like hiring Turner) because he knows "the rest of the story" I get excited.  When I hear he plans to call the plays even with an OC I think of Andy Reid and get excited.  And when he had a coach's seat at the school of Bill Bellichik - even if it was being schooled by Bellichik I get excited.  

Because I'm pretty sure he'll figure out what happened and be ready to adjust.

This is not a sit on your hands coach.  This is not a play not to lose kind of guy.   I'm pretty sure he'll make some big time mistakes.   But I believe he'll grow with them.

Pretty psyched right now truthfully.  The guy's got the most energy I've felt since... well, Sam Wyche!

I have no doubts there will be bumps along the way, but I feel we'll go down, guns blazing when it does go wrong....lol.  It's fresh, it's exciting, and I gotta be honest, after doing some research on Callahan, I'm pretty excited to have him here too!

The thing I take from what I'm reading and seeing is that ZT has a plan that he is lazer focused on, and at least thinks he knows who he needs coaching with him to implement it.  Hey, some of those coaches were already here too.  It's not like he just whitewashed the whole previous staff and made it a frat party like some are suggesting.  He's mixing in some incumbent coaches with others that he feels share his vision and style.

At least we're not just looking toward the draft and FA this year, we have excitement and new things going on in February.  Been a long time.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 11:15 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'm not upset about it not being Capers, but this is a concerning trend. JDR and Zac apparently didn't hit it off. A guy like Capers who should be thrilled to have this opportunity doesn't even want it. The ghastly Turner hire. And now our leading candidate looks wholly inexperienced and unqualified.

can you shed some facts on that one?
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2019, 12:50 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: can you shed some facts on that one?

I think he's going off the report that Taylor and JDR talked over the phone, and it was a "perfect match".

Not much is known beyond that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote