Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cappa, Williams Haven't Practiced For Chiefs Game
The Bengals showed they could beat Bill without them. The Replacements looked good.

So beat Chiefs and have 2 more weeks to get Cappa and Williams back into practices for Super Bowl BENGALS WIN.

I really feel The Bengals are Winning The Super Bowl in February. They return to Super Bowl a year later and WIN this year.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I haven't given up hope that Cappa could sneak into the lineup. This is game 20 of the season and he is a veteran I assume the coaches would trust him to go on little practice. We could sure use him. Jonah I think will be out his knee injury sounded a bit more severe than the one that happened on his other knee earlier in the season.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Having Cappa would be huge due to Chris Jones, but I do believe Sharping has played Jones a few times and has done well in his past. We only gave up one sack with a much worse offensive line last year in the AFC Championship. I think we get by this game. Now if we make the Super Bowl, I pray for a healthy O-line because the 49ers and especially Eagles are monsters on their D-line.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 09:39 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Having Cappa would be huge due to Chris Jones, but I do believe Sharping has played Jones a few times and has done well in his past. We only gave up one sack with a much worse offensive line last year in the AFC Championship. I think we get by this game. Now if we make the Super Bowl, I pray for a healthy O-line because the 49ers and especially Eagles are monsters on their D-line.

I'm not concerned about Scharping at all. Cappa's better, but Scharping is more than enough.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 09:39 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Having Cappa would be huge due to Chris Jones, but I do believe Sharping has played Jones a few times and has done well in his past. We only gave up one sack with a much worse offensive line last year in the AFC Championship. I think we get by this game. Now if we make the Super Bowl, I pray for a healthy O-line because the 49ers and especially Eagles are monsters on their D-line.

We only gave up one sack in last year’s AFC championship, but I just rewatched that game last night and Joe was running for his life all game. There were several near miss sacks that Joe got out of by sheer will. I would not want a repeat OL performance from that game, Joe had very little time to operate.

On top of that, we could not get the running game going at all. Lots of 2nd and 9’s all game long.

Sacks don’t tell the story in this case. The OL was bad, should be better this time even with the backups.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 10:19 AM)GAWhoDey Wrote: We only gave up one sack in last year’s AFC championship, but I just rewatched that game last night and Joe was running for his life all game. There were several near miss sacks that Joe got out of by sheer will.  I would not want a repeat OL performance from that game, Joe had very little time to operate.  

On top of that, we could not get the running game going at all. Lots of 2nd and 9’s all game long.

Sacks don’t tell the story in this case.  The OL was bad, should be better this time even with the backups.

I watched it as well and wow that OL was brutal and it's amazing we almost won the super bowl.  Even with injuries our OL this year has never looked that bad. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 10:40 AM)LotD Wrote: I watched it as well and wow that OL was brutal and it's amazing we almost won the super bowl.  Even with injuries our OL this year has never looked that bad. 

Every game there was a free rusher like every other play. It was lack of communication and too many mental errors last year

It seems as if this year they cleaned all the mental errors up so now it’s just about beating your guy and the guys are able to do that
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I am worried about this OL unit going into the Chiefs game.

This is a different animal than Buffalo. The Chiefs have a much better DL and it's not going to be snowy (neuteralizes the pass rush to a degree).

The Chiefs are also coached much better than the Bills. I fully don't expect them to perform nearly as well as they did against the Bills.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 10:19 AM)GAWhoDey Wrote: We only gave up one sack in last year’s AFC championship, but I just rewatched that game last night and Joe was running for his life all game. There were several near miss sacks that Joe got out of by sheer will.  I would not want a repeat OL performance from that game, Joe had very little time to operate.  

Sacks don’t tell the story in this case.  The OL was bad, should be better this time even with the backups.

if the OL plays like it did last week...  Its gonna be a long offseason for Cheifs fans
Reply/Quote
This sucks was hoping to get at least one of them back. Gotta roll with what we got... 1 more game to the big one
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
If we make it to the SB (knock on wood), both have a good chance to play. But either would be so subpar on Sunday I think it is better they rest up and heal more.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 12:03 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am worried about this OL unit going into the Chiefs game.

This is a different animal than Buffalo. The Chiefs have a much better DL and it's not going to be snowy (neuteralizes the pass rush to a degree).

The Chiefs are also coached much better than the Bills. I fully don't expect them to perform nearly as well as they did against the Bills.

I still havent been able to understand how the snow neutralized the Bills pass rush but not the Bengals pass rush
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 12:03 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am worried about this OL unit going into the Chiefs game.

Didn't the mighty Bills go into KC this season and win?
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote

The snow narrative is strange to me.  

I don't buy it, personally.  The Bengals pass rush was just fine.  They would have hammered any qb less big and less mobile than Allen on at least 3 plays in which he miraculously escaped pressure.  

The snow didn't hurt Mike Hilton flying in like a missile on cb blitzes, either.  

Before that game happened, any football-minded person you could have suggested it to would have laughed if you told them the snow would be a disadvantage to a Buffalo Bills defensive line playing an offensive line down 3 starters.  

I agree about the coaching part, mostly.  Not long ago, Andy Reid was a guy that went to a lot of NFC championships and even a Super Bowl, only to blow it in the big games.  He got his title, and it was seen as major validation to a career full of wins but short on the most important ones.  You get run out of Philly after a stellar w-l record for a reason.  

We've seen Reid and co make mistakes.  The call to go for 7 at the half last year turned the momentum of that entire AFC title game.  If Zac did that with that lead and lost, we'd destroy him in the game day thread.  He also tends to get bored with the run game.  Even when it's there, he seems to be reluctant to use it.  It's just not his personality as a coach.  They threw 3 times in the red zone and settled for a field goal late in the 4th with the game on the line last year.  

That staff is wonderful at play design and getting guys open.  They have one of the greatest qbs of all time to bail them out when things go wrong.  When it comes to being disciplined and making in-game calls, they do not scare me.  John Harbaugh does.  Mike Tomlin does.  Andy Reid does not.  
Reply/Quote
Don’t think we need these two. I like the backups based on Bills game. We need glass eaters against the Chiefs. I believe if we are the more physical team the Chiefs defense will crumble especially shit head Carlos Dunlap. He wasn’t very physical with the Bengals and we are a better team without that asshat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Until Jackson Carman turns into a pumpkin I'm more than fine with Jonah watching from the sideline.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 09:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not concerned about Scharping at all. Cappa's better, but Scharping is more than enough.

Scharping looked really good against the Bills. I agree.
Reply/Quote
Looking forward to what the oline shows again this week. As always I’m nervous as **** about them protecting Joey B but hopeful last week wasn’t a miraculous flash in the pan.
Reply/Quote
I’ll have to say that Bills game to me was coaching at its best.They gave the OL help with ASIASI,Wilcox,Hurst,sometimes Smith,as an extra lineman.The schemes they used for added protection.The aggressive play calling to jump out to an early lead.

The way they had this team prepared on both sides of the ball.If they play with the physicality,and intensity they played with against the Bills,then they’ll be going to the SB.
Reply/Quote