Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cappa accomplishment that may never be matched.
Alex Cappa is the highest drafted player (#94) in the history of Humboldt State. And now Humboldt State no longer has a football team.

I had never heard of Humboldt State before. But I had heard of Humboldt County where it is located.Wink
Reply/Quote
Good for him not having to get letters from his college asking for alumni donations.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 4t7y4j7405c01.jpg?auto=webp&s=602971691c...cf955db600]
Reply/Quote
Humboldt County..Formerly the home of 11,000,000 illegal weed farms and untold numbers of land mines..  Nervous Yup..It was heavily mined for awhile..still is in some places..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 10:46 AM)grampahol Wrote: Humboldt County..Formerly the home of 11,000,000 illegal weed farms and untold numbers of land mines..  Nervous Yup..It was heavily mined for awhile..still is in some places..

Yep, that is the reason I had heard of Humbolt County.

Cappa looks like he fitted right in there.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 10:52 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yep, that is the reason I had heard of Humbolt County.

Cappa looks like he fitted right in there.

Everyone thinks I'm some big pot head and acid freak, but I don't smoke it nor take acid.. I just play that guy on TV.. But I did hitch hike to Humboldt years ago before the gangs decided to set up shop there.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 11:04 AM)grampahol Wrote: But I did hitch hike to Humboldt years ago before the gangs decided to set up shop there.. 

It is more "big business" than "gangs" now.

Actually not that big of a change, I guess.
Reply/Quote