Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Cappa to PUP, L. Collins on the non-Football Injury List
Keep in mind that veterans don’t even report to camp until Tuesday. These moves are mostly precautionary until they all pass physicals, conditioning tests, and most importantly rehab guru Nick Cosgray’s evaluation. At the end of OTA’s, Joe Bachie was the only player expected to miss significant camp time as as he continues to rehab from that late season torn ACL.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
We dont have another Waynes situation with Cappa do we? What is NFI on Collins how serious?
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2022, 10:54 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: We dont have another Waynes situation with Cappa do we? What is NFI on Collins how serious?

lets pray Cappa doesnt turnout to be another Trae Waynes....
bad omen starting out Injured
Lets grab Tretter or some other legit guard..we afford to sit around waiting for this to heal.
A core injury sounds bad. I never hd one but it soundlike something that can lingeur (spellcheck that?) 
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2022, 10:54 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: We dont have another Waynes situation with Cappa do we? What is NFI on Collins how serious?

Not likely on Cappa.  He was working on the rehab field after the injury not resting it like would happen with a serious injury.  Zac reinterated several times that he was expected to be ready for training camp. 

No idea what is going on with Collins

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2022, 11:29 PM)Housh Wrote: You ever heard of speaking things into existence?

This is that. Lol

I will be very depressed if Burrow has to play behind backups again

OK. I'm right there with you. 
(07-24-2022, 12:53 AM)phil413 Wrote: I'm not worrying....yet.  It would be nice to gauge the price for a year of Ereck Flowers or Daryl Williams.  They can play guard or tackle if need be.  They'd have a shot at competing with the kids at LG and be ready on the right side as insurance.  Either may be waiting for a more desperate team and for less camp even, but doesn't hurt to ask.
IF we must make a move I hope we give Ereck a long look. Also if Kareem can't stay healthy we should bring in Trey Flowers.

Then we'd have 3 Flowers 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There’s really not much in the headlines about it so hoping everything is gtg.

Reply/Quote
Hopefully it’s just minor stuff but just another reminder we should be looking for a nice insurance piece. There are good OL vets available still, grab one just in case.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2022, 12:53 AM)phil413 Wrote: I'm not worrying....yet.  It would be nice to gauge the price for a year of Ereck Flowers or Daryl Williams.  They can play guard or tackle if need be.  They'd have a shot at competing with the kids at LG and be ready on the right side as insurance.  Either may be waiting for a more desperate team and for less camp even, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Like your thoughts here Phil. Bring them both in would be my moves after this.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2022, 11:03 AM)kalibengal Wrote: lets pray Cappa doesnt turnout to be another Trae Waynes....
bad omen starting out Injured
Lets grab Tretter or some other legit guard..we afford to sit around waiting for this to heal.
A core injury sounds bad. I never hd one but it soundlike something that can lingeur (spellcheck that?) 

Tretter is another Waynes, no thanks. Both his knees are shot.

Linger.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2022, 11:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Tretter is another Waynes, no thanks. Both his knees are shot.

Linger.

The big difference is Tretter doesnt miss football games.  While Waynes was sitting at home, Tretter was out there playing and at an elite level even with his gimpy knees.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2022, 07:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Spain is still out there…

Spain is an elaborate hoax. As is Australia.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Is it too early to pray to the football gods for Cappa's good health?
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2022, 11:27 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Spain and Tretter I believe are still out there.

Nothing like being worried about a guy who is not practicing and replacing him with a guy who can't practice. Ninja

Seriously, being placed on PUP at this point most likely means nothing more than they haven't reported and passed their physical yet. There's nothing to worry about till there's something to worry about.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 10:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Nothing like being worried about a guy who is not practicing and replacing him with a guy who can't practice. Ninja

Seriously, being placed on PUP at this point most likely means nothing more than they haven't reported and passed their physical yet. There's nothing to worry about till there's something to worry about.

I appreciate a voice of calm & reason.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 10:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Nothing like being worried about a guy who is not practicing and replacing him with a guy who can't practice. Ninja

Cappa had surgery on his sports hernia.  That's a 3-8 week recovery depending on severity.  He is at the 8 week mark for the injury itself so where he is in recovery depends on when he had surgery.  He was doing active rehab during the last OTAs though.  Zac expects him back sooner rather than later.

Collins injured (tweeked) his back sometime this month.  Zac expects Cappa to practice before Collins.

Both vets, along with the others, will have their practice time managed in order to minimize wear and tear

Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1551916644611620866?s=20&t=DTo7uJubezzUuIUy1ZThSw

Happy bday La'el. Looks to be in excellent shape.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
You generally want to take it easy on injuries at this stage of the game. No sense pushing through and hurting things worse.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 12:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You generally want to take it easy on injuries at this stage of the game. No sense pushing through and hurting things worse.

Yep.

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 11:18 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1551916644611620866?s=20&t=DTo7uJubezzUuIUy1ZThSw

Happy bday La'el.  Looks to be in excellent shape.

That's a big man to try to get around or go through....
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2022, 11:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Like your thoughts here Phil.

He's also got a great name. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote