Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car shows and "Roadkill"
I like cars a lot and there are a lot of car shows on TV. However it seems that most of them seem to be the same thing over and over again. There are only so many interesting things that can happen when restoring a car and now that Top Gear is gone restoration shows are about all that is out there. I like to see the "before" and the "after" but all the stuff in the middle gets boring.

However I really like "Roadkill". They build all sorts of crazy stuff often combining high performance after market parts with complete junk. Almost everything they build they drive until it breaks.

They pride themselves on being able to get a total junker running with minimal tools.

They will strip off body parts and often don't care about windshields. The install massive engines in the beds of trucks instead of under the hood.

They put a hydraulic suspension on an old MOnte Carlo so they could drive on three wheels.

Crazziest thing I saw them do was build a super charger out of 5 leafblowers. Later they used the same vehicle and built a supercharger from another car engine which they hauled on a trailer behind the car it was boosting.
Reply/Quote