Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cardale Jones
So now that JT Barrett has taken over 7 games into the season.. Lets not get past it, but this hurts Cardales draftability. It might serve him better to stay at OSU another season and try to earn back his starting role.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 04:08 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: So now that JT Barrett has taken over 7 games into the season.. Lets not get past it, but this hurts Cardales draftability. It might serve him better to stay at OSU another season and try to earn back his starting role.

I bet Urban gets him to "play school" one more year based on exactly that.
Reply/Quote
What hurts Cardale's draftability is his inability to make quick decisions. It's like he has an NFL body, and a preschool mind, when it comes to making quick, smart football decisions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
what's his accuracy like? after watching OSU early on I don't get how they were ranked #1 with cardale playing.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He's proving to be more JaMarcus than Cam
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 08:32 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What hurts Cardale's draftability is his inability to make quick decisions.  It's like he has an NFL body, and a preschool mind, when it comes to making quick, smart football decisions.

Which is why another year in school cant do him any harm...

He's got the arm, body type of a pocket passer, he can move, and weve seen him display an ability to keep cool in high pressure games. His decision making isn't that great, which is fixable.

Comparing him to JaMarcus is a stretch.
Reply/Quote
I do wonder if Cardale should look into a transfer to a more pro style offense. The problem is that I don't think he has the mental make up to memorize a playbook like that.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 08:59 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Which is why another year in school cant do him any harm...

He's got the arm, body type of a pocket passer, he can move, and weve seen him display an ability to keep cool in high pressure games. His decision making isn't that great, which is fixable.

maybe. but he isn't exactly putting to rest rumors of the game being too fast for him to process.

he's struggled making reads and calls. when last year in the playoffs he was really just throwing bombs and letting Smith do the work. 
Reply/Quote
speaking of OSU QBs (or former) hows miller doing at WR??? i like a WR with a little QB skill especially if we somehow dont retain sanu
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 08:59 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Comparing him to JaMarcus is a stretch.

Yeah, Russell was good in college.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 05:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: speaking of OSU QBs (or former)  hows miller doing at WR???   i like a WR with a little QB skill especially if we somehow dont retain sanu

He's a very good athlete. Don't know how well the route running and such has been. 

(10-28-2015, 11:37 PM)blt4584 Wrote: Yeah, Russell was good in college.

Welp
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 08:59 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Which is why another year in school cant do him any harm...

Problem is, everybody talks themselves into thinking that they can fix the mental problems of the freak athlete, but it rarely works.
Reply/Quote
"Hey, Ohio PD, I'd like to report a drunk driver..."
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 08:40 PM)Whatever Wrote: Problem is, everybody talks themselves into thinking that they can fix the mental problems of the freak athlete, but it rarely works.

especially since most teams throw them to the fire right away.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 05:22 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: maybe. but he isn't exactly putting to rest rumors of the game being too fast for him to process.

he's struggled making reads and calls. when last year in the playoffs he was really just throwing bombs and letting Smith do the work. 

In related news, apparently Smith is having trouble adjusting to the NFL.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/jets-devin-smith-still-trying-to-get-up-to-speed-1.11029050
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 03:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: In related news, apparently Smith is having trouble adjusting to the NFL.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/jets-devin-smith-still-trying-to-get-up-to-speed-1.11029050

didnt he miss time hurt to start the season?
Reply/Quote
Well Jones will get another crack at it Saturday.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like he is NFL bound...
Reply/Quote
He has damaged himself this year. As an early draft pick, he would be a big risk. Best case, he might be only a mid rounder now.
Reply/Quote
Didn't want him last year, this year is definitely showing it. Was never big on him and preferred other QBs over him. He's a poor man's Kaepernick.
Reply/Quote