Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cards and Saints interested in Gresham
I think the Saints would be a good spot for him. If he goes there, he should have a pretty decent year. I hope he does well. He took a lot of crap while he was here. Granted, some of it was deserved. But I never hated Gresh. I always thought he was pretty solid here. He never lived up to his first round potential, but I'll miss him.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 03:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Perhaps I should state that IF Eifert pulls in what Gresh normally does and Kroft puts up numbers like Eifert did behind Gresh.  There we go.

Anywho, other than Gresham when was the last time the Bengals had a decent TE?  Maybe I'm just being dramatic, but I feel like we haven't had a lot of success with the position.

If Eifert pulls in what Gresh does, I would be very disappointed and so would most fans. 
He's a vertical weapon. He has the ability to get deep fast and has a huge catch radius. 

He's shown the ability to do more than Gresh as a receiver. 
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 03:58 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: If Eifert pulls in what Gresh does, I would be very disappointed and so would most fans. 
He's a vertical weapon. He has the ability to get deep fast and has a huge catch radius. 

He's shown the ability to do more than Gresh as a receiver. 

Hopefully the playcalling will be to Eifert's strengths. I felt that Gresham was more than capable up in the middle of the field, yet the playcalling rarely sent the ball to him there. Our TEs almost always seemed to be used as low yardage safety nets for Andy instead of more downfield targets.

I do believe Eifert can be a special TE in the league, but I don't know how much our coaches like to use TEs in the manner which he would really shine. We'll see soon enough, it's about time for some football. This offseason has felt like it has taken forever.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 04:03 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Hopefully the playcalling will be to Eifert's strengths. I felt that Gresham was more than capable up in the middle of the field, yet the playcalling rarely sent the ball to him there. Our TEs almost always seemed to be used as low yardage safety nets for Andy instead of more downfield targets.

I do believe Eifert can be a special TE in the league, but I don't know how much our coaches like to use TEs in the manner which he would really shine. We'll see soon enough, it's about time for some football. This offseason has felt like it has taken forever.

I think there were extenuating circumstances with Gresham, driven from practice/behind the scenes stuff that kept him from those routes....
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 03:11 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: We haven't. Reggie Kelly was awesome as a blocker, but that's as far as that went. He had some nice catches and touchdowns, but those were few and far between.

I feel like Kelly doesn't get the appreciation he deserves because he was a blocker instead of a tight end putting up huge stats.

Reggie does get love. As coverage of the team increased, more people started taking notice of Kelly. Hobson even wrote about how opposing DCs planned a little around him (before the major Hobspin kicked in). Fans jumped on board when Palmer lobbied to get him re-signed. Where his image took a hit was back in the disastrous 2008 season. We had Kelly going out on routes just to give Fitz another check down other than Benson. The problem was that Kelly wasn't a great receiving TE. He'd bring in a catch here and there, but there were a lot of drops.

The one plus for him was that we Daniel Coats, who took a ton of wrath from fans that year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Be very interesting to see what Gresh does with Arians offensive scheme.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 05:21 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Be very interesting to see what Gresh does with Arians offensive scheme.

Probably a lot of blocking. Arians doesn't use his TEs much as recievers.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 07:02 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Probably a lot of blocking. Arians doesn't use his TEs much as recievers.

Seems like Gresh would want to go somewhere where they'd appreciate his incredible pass-catching talents. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 07:02 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Probably a lot of blocking. Arians doesn't use his TEs much as recievers.

Don't tell Heath Miller that.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 03:56 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Don't tell Heath Miller that.

The Indy TEs did well in 2012. Fleener and Allen combined for 71 catches.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 04:19 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The Indy TEs did well in 2012. Fleener and Allen combined for 71 catches.

Well, AZ's TEs have done next to zilch in the past 2 years so maybe it's an issue of talent and not scheme.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2015, 04:35 PM)Utts Wrote: Looks like Gresh is visiting the Cards this week. I'll send him your regards, as I recently moved to Phoenix.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2526338-jermaine-gresham-latest-news-rumors-and-speculation-on-free-agent-te

Welcome to the Monsoon, bro! ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote

Do you remember playing street ball and there was that one guy... the last one picked... and you'd line him up at wideout... and in the huddle, you'd give him a route ("Go out 50 yards, and hook back.")... you'd always give him his route first, and he'd rush out of the huddle to line up before you had even finished....

..... and you never threw to that guy.

Yeah. That's Gresham's job now. ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 04:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, AZ's TEs have done next to zilch in the past 2 years so maybe it's an issue of talent and not scheme.

It was the talent. I like the Cardinals, but they always seem have no names at TE. I believe Housler was the best one they had for a while and his best season was 45 catches with 0 TDs.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 04:44 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It was the talent. I like the Cardinals, but they always seem have no names at TE. I believe Housler was the best one they had for a while and his best season was 45 catches with 0 TDs.

He caught a TD once! But seriously, I did some quick math and it seems the last 4 TEs featured on the Cardinals scored a combined 4 TDs in 133 games.

So, even in his worst season Gresham scored as many TDs as the 4 most recent Cardinals TEs did with over 22 times the opportunity. Eep. Gresham in his worst season = the TDs of 22+ seasons of Cardinals TEs.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 05:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He caught a TD once!

55 career games, 28 starts, and 105 catches. It makes that one TD catch look even worse.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 11:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Seems like Gresh would want to go somewhere where they'd appreciate his incredible pass-catching talents. 

I doubt he has much choice if only 2 teams are showing interest Wink

And to whoever mentioned Heath Miller...he's easily better than Gresh Yawn
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 08:04 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I doubt he has much choice if only 2 teams are showing interest  Wink

He's either going to land in NO or AZ, so it's not like he's headed for the arena league.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 04:33 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Welcome to the Monsoon, bro! ThumbsUp

Thanks, dude. Monsoons and dust storms are way better than thunderstorms and tornados.
Reply/Quote