Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carl Lawson
(08-23-2019, 05:57 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This says it all:

It does as seeing is believing. Lawson less than a year from ACL surgery looks way ahead of schedule. I can't wait to see him introduce himself to Russel Wilson week #1.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Eli Manning, Jr. That's funny.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 05:57 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This says it all:

Sam Hubbard!!!

The camera angles in football have to be changed occasionally. I would like to see the LDE and a view from behind the QB mixed in.

I like seeing the skill players (receivers and DBs), and OL blocking and movement.

Anyway, Hubbard does the same to the RT that Lawson did to the LT. Would like to have seen that angle as well.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 11:21 AM)XsandOs Wrote: I agree that Lawson is a better attacking end than MJ.

But it's only fair to point out that Lawson was used more in passing situation early on, to utilize his skills. MJ was used in run sets, to set the edge.

The consensus on this board was that when Lawson can bulk up and play the run, then he would be a 3 down end.

I hope that he is used judiciously now. I'm concerned that he will blow out the other knee, if too much is put on him.

It seems he is being used primarily as the nickel rush end.  Hubbard will be the three down guy, kicking inside.  And I really like the 5 man front of 

Dunlap-Geno-Billing/Glasgow-Hubbard-Lawson.  Could the Bengals FINALLY have an answer to the maximum protection issues that have plagued them?  Hope so. 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 11:18 AM)XsandOs Wrote: Sam Hubbard!!!

The camera angles in football have to be changed occasionally. I would like to see the LDE and a view from behind the QB mixed in.

I like seeing the skill players (receivers and DBs), and OL blocking and movement.

Anyway, Hubbard does the same to the RT that Lawson did to the LT. Would like to have seen that angle as well.

That video shows the 5 man front....and two guys destroyed their tackles and played David Jones Sandwich.  Hubbard pulled off, hope he doesn't against Piggy.  I want that fat piece of shit broken in two fat pieces.   Let's see you get off the mat after than one, drama queen. 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 11:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That video shows the 5 man front....and two guys destroyed their tackles and played David Jones Sandwich.  Hubbard pulled off, hope he doesn't against Piggy.  I want that fat piece of shit broken in two fat pieces.   Let's see you get off the mat after than one, drama queen. 

Daniel will learn to step up the pocket soon in the NFL if he wants to survive, at least.   :andy:
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 10:31 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We have 7% chance of making playoffs. We need to improve on all fronts. With Geno getting old, we have to start getting pressure elsewhere.

According to whom?  Some talking head click bait-starved twitter bully?  And if Geno is getting old, give me some of that old man stuff, because he looks unblockable. 

Reuben, I'm not attacking you, but let's have at least a little optimism here!

Look at it this way:

Special teams:  Always solid

Offense:  Was rolling with one basic premise last year:  Send Ross deep (until the red zone), let AJ, Boyd, and EIfert work underneath.  Give the ball to Mixon every so often.  They were 4-1 before injuries took their toll.  They have looked vastly better (and I still believe they aren't showing crap with the run game) and might FINALLY use all their weapons.  That TD pass to Uzo?  Yes, please.  The offensive line looks leaps and bounds better than last year.  If Dalton is the QB the entire season, only one twice did he have 9 losses (to be fair, one year had a tie).  He is almost always good for 9-10 wins.  This offense will protect him and he will thrive when he has all his weapons back and the offensive line looks to be much improved.

Defense:  After a couple weeks to get adjusted, the Bengals defense, with a lot of backups finished averaging 21 points per game against the final four weeks of the season.  And that was dealing with a pathetic, Jeff Driskel-led (not all his fault) offense.  Getting back Lawson, and having more depth and rotation at the defensive line will surely help generate more pass rush.  As will the 5 man front that might finally be an answer to the max protect struggles this team has always seemed to struggle against.  This year's defense should at least be mid-pack and with their offense, it could yield 10 wins.  

Lastly, I think the team will really feel that they have more of a chance with our new coaching staff.  Young, energetic, and creative are words that have not been used to describe this team for some time.  I am really excited to see what they can do.  
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 02:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Correct, even though he was nto getting sacks he was getting pressure.  And pressure makes passing numbers go down even if there are no sacks.

According to NextGen Stats Lawson was the #3 edge rusher in the league in percentage of pass rush defeats (getting past blocker in 2.5 seconds or less).

And how easy did our scheme and LB play allow the opposing QB to dump off a quick pass to a TE or RB?  That all factors in to the pass rush stats.  
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 02:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, I might just have put a few $$ down on that bet, because you know that by game day it'll be down to 61/2 or 7 points.

Russell Wilson 100%, at home, is a nightmare for any defense.  He does so much on his own.  I think the over is a better bet Wink  And maybe put $15 on the Bengals to win, as it would pay out almost $100
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 05:49 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Just wanted to add that opposing teams will counter the 5-1-5 or 5-2-4 with TE crossing routes that endlessly kills the Bengals.  Maybe passes in along the flat, like the Giants did last preseason game.

Maybe that is where the long arms of Hubbard and Dunlap knock a ball in the air for a turnover. 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 11:37 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Daniel will learn to step up the pocket soon in the NFL if he wants to survive, at least.   :andy:

Based on Lawson's closing ability, he better have a quick step
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 11:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That video shows the 5 man front....and two guys destroyed their tackles and played David Jones Sandwich.  Hubbard pulled off, hope he doesn't against Piggy.  I want that fat piece of shit broken in two fat pieces.   Let's see you get off the mat after than one, drama queen. 

Agreed.

Interestingly, Rudolph has been doing the same in pre-season. Standing back there for 4,5 seconds.

If our ends can meet at Ben like they did with Jones, it will be a good day.

But we have to stop their run.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 11:37 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Daniel will learn to step up the pocket soon in the NFL if he wants to survive, at least.   :andy:

Solder was beaten at set. He slid and set, but lost the hand fight.

There was no where for Jones to go.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 11:18 AM)XsandOs Wrote: Sam Hubbard!!!

Hubbard looked good in that tweet video as well.  Makes one wonder if the Bengals keep Dunlap for his full contract.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 01:00 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Hubbard looked good in that tweet video as well.  Makes one wonder if the Bengals keep Dunlap for his full contract.  

As of now, Lawson is a one trick pony, so I'd say yes.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 01:12 PM)jason Wrote: As of now, Lawson is a one trick pony, so I'd say yes.

Lawson can be used in variety of ways.  Bengals will use Atkins as RE on packages.  They can overload left or right side.  The problem I see will be the opposing teams using screens, one-step drop-back passes to TE on crossing routes because Bengals are so thin at backer.  The Bengals will have poor stats vs rush.  If PB goes down, Bengals have no one there quite as good.  I also see the Defense Line standing at LOS so that some can drop back in passing situations or blitz.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 01:19 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Lawson can be used in variety of ways.  Bengals will use Atkins as RE on packages.  They can overload left or right side.  The problem I see will be the opposing teams using screens, one-step drop-back passes to TE on crossing routes because Bengals are so thin at backer.  The Bengals will have poor stats vs rush.  If PB goes down, Bengals have no one there quite as good.  I also see the Defense Line standing at LOS so that some can drop back in passing situations or blitz.  

Pratt is good and I want to see him shut that shit down.

They dump it off? Make the TE or RB pay.
Reply/Quote