Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carl Lawson=BEAST
Sure, he got called on a very questionable bs call for late hit but if he can stay healthy he's going to be very good here for a long time. Watching him today he was on taylor like white on rice. He plays with a lot of energy. He seems to be a matchup nightmare for opposing teams. Hats off to our secondary today as well. With dre and pacman going down they stepped up to get a season saving win
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 05:50 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Sure, he got called on a very questionable bs call for late hit but if he can stay healthy he's going to be very good here for a long time. Watching him today he was on taylor like white on rice. He plays with a lot of energy. He seems to be a matchup nightmare for opposing teams. Hats off to our secondary today as well. With dre and pacman going down they stepped up to get a season saving win

Lawson certainly looks legit as hell so far. If he stays healthy, he could end up being another incredible 4th round steal.
Reply/Quote
The main reason he fell in the draft was injuries. He would of been a first round guy had they not happened. He was the number 1 player out of high school. As a fourth round pick he could end up being genius 2.0 in terms of a steal in the draft
Reply/Quote
I bet you Burfict isn't so happy with Lawson. Apparently that penalty wasn't considered after the play like I thought it was, so Burfict's second sack didn't count.

He does look like a solid player, though. I just wish the Bengals players would play more intelligently. Too many stupid penalties that are just mental lapses.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Should be DROY front runner.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Love watching him play.

Reply/Quote
Yes, he is amazing and if he keeps going the way he is will be one of the top pass rushers in the league, but that penalty wasn'r questionable. that's a late hit every time.....
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 06:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, he is amazing and if he keeps going the way he is will be one of the top pass rushers in the league, but that penalty wasn'r questionable. that's a late hit every time.....

Ya 100%.  That needs called everytime.   Saying that he is a rookie, he gets a couple penalties every game but with how good he is playing he should get his ass chewed out and thrown right back in.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 06:45 PM)ah5 Wrote: Ya 100%.  That needs called everytime.   Saying that he is a rookie, he gets a couple penalties every game but with how good he is playing he should get his ass chewed out and thrown right back in.

What Carl giveth, Carl taketh away, and on the same drive.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Lawson's post game interview with Around The NFL.
Reply/Quote
It would be cool to have a defensive rookie of the year!
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 07:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It would be cool to have a defensive rookie of the year!

If he continues to play the way he's playing, it will be hard not to give it to him. He can play multiple positions and is great rushing the edge
Reply/Quote
THE whole D LOOKS sick
Reply/Quote
Been dreaming of an edge pass rusher like that for years. Dunlap is excellent, but lacks the pure explosive nature of Lawson. Praying he stays healthy, because watching him get after it has been worth my Sunday Ticket subscription alone
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 07:28 PM)Brimey Wrote: Been dreaming of an edge pass rusher like that for years. Dunlap is excellent, but lacks the pure explosive nature of Lawson. Praying he stays healthy, because watching him get after it has been worth my Sunday Ticket subscription alone

Agreed. The speed pass rush adds another dimension. I was always jealous of other teams for being able to find these guys.

Donte Moch was an attempt at finding that...but he never panned out.
Reply/Quote
He is awesome for sure ! He could end up being the steal of the draft ?
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 07:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Agreed. The speed pass rush adds another dimension. I was always jealous of other teams for being able to find these guys.

Donte Moch was an attempt at finding that...but he never panned out.

Lawson is just a monster, but Willis is also a solid rotational DE.  Plus, MJ is bringing it when asked to slide inside.  Atkins is playing at an All Pro level and Dunlap is very good.  
Reply/Quote
Maybe we should trade all our early picks away, and try and get 15 4th round picks. We'd have the best defence on the planet!
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 05:50 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Sure, he got called on a very questionable bs call for late hit but if he can stay healthy he's going to be very good here for a long time. Watching him today he was on taylor like white on rice. He plays with a lot of energy. He seems to be a matchup nightmare for opposing teams. Hats off to our secondary today as well. With dre and pacman going down they stepped up to get a season saving win

Questionable call? Not really. It was rather blatant and obvious. Everyone watching knew the second he hit him, the flag was coming.

Regardless, the guy looks like a great talent, and you have to give it to him, for bouncing back right after that. This defense is legit, and then some.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
We've had a bit of a dry spell in the draft for a couple years or so, but Lawson looks like a hit.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote