Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carl Lawson / Defensive Rookie of the Year?
Remember the hype around him before the season started?

Holy crap, we got a steal.

He currently leads all rookies with 7.0 sacks and has 2 more than the #2 rookie.

Do you guys think he has a serious chance at DROY?

With 5 games left, can he hit double digits?
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I don't see why not
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Nah, he's good, but Lattimore from the Saints deserves it. He's already one of the best corners in the league.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 09:54 PM)thillan Wrote: Nah, he's good, but Lattimore from the Saints deserves it. He's already one of the best corners in the league.

Yeah...Lawson is looking great for a rookie. About time we have a LB/DE hybrid who can rush the QB.
Reply/Quote
Will they do what they need to so he gets on the field often enough?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If we can actually get a bit of a playoff push going, win some games, beat the Steelers next week and Lawson has a couple sacks.

Yes it's possible
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 10:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If we can actually get a bit of a playoff push going, win some games, beat the Steelers next week and Lawson has a couple sacks.

Yes it's possible

Who are we kidding? We're Siberia for media coverage. Look how long it took Whitworth to get recognition.

Lawson will likely have trouble because of that.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 11:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Who are we kidding? We're Siberia for media coverage. Look how long it took Whitworth to get recognition.

Lawson will likely have trouble because of that.

Sad but true. How many Bengals have struggled to get national media attention?

Atkins and Green only get accolades because it'd look ridiculous if they didn't. They still don't talk about them much. Especially Geno.

You'd think Dalton were Blaine Gabbert with the way he's talked about. Burfict is vilified. 

Whit, Willie, Dillon, Pickens, etc didn't get the love they deserved. Chad only got attention for celebrations.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
When they showed a replay of Garrett's sack of Dalton today it was very obvious that he just ROCKED Ogbuehi. Physical domination in its purest form.

I don't really ever see Lawson overpower a tackle or anything. He always seems to get his sacks from people running into him.

Does this concern people? Or am I just being a downer?
Reply/Quote
Don't forget J. Joe. Unheard of until he went to Houston.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 11:46 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: When they showed a replay of Garrett's sack of Dalton today it was very obvious that he just ROCKED Ogbuehi. Physical domination in its purest form.

I don't really ever see Lawson overpower a tackle or anything. He always seems to get his sacks from people running into him.

When they showed Garrett's sack I saw a lot of hands to the face. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Lattimore 100% deserves it, but Lawson is definitely a 2nd place pick. He's been the best pass rushing rookie in the league especially for his snap count
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 11:46 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: When they showed a replay of Garrett's sack of Dalton today it was very obvious that he just ROCKED Ogbuehi. Physical domination in its purest form.

Don't be a downer. Dude is not overpowering people but he is beating people around the edge. It's his first year and he has 7 sacks. This is one draft pick you should be super excited about.
Reply/Quote
Ok, AFC Defensive Rookie of the Year?
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 11:46 PM)P Crazyjdawg Wrote: When they showed a replay of Garrett's sack of Dalton today it was very obvious that he just ROCKED Ogbuehi. Physical domination in its purest form.

Do be fair, Lawson doesn't get to play against olehee 
Reply/Quote
Lawson is deserving. Who knows if he gets any love. He should
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 01:27 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Ok, AFC Defensive Rookie of the Year?

Not with the way the media jizzes over baby Watt.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 11:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When they showed Garrett's sack I saw a lot of hands to the face. 

Yeah, the refs blew that one. But Ced WAS being overpowered on the play. We should give him credit though, he was locked on to the bulldozer that was plowing him backward. The kid still has a long way to go in terms of his strength, but without getting his hands up in Ced's facemask and driving his headlock, Garrett would not have gotten that sack. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Ced got punked. no excuse. ive seen Lawson over power a couple of tackles. The guy from Green Bay n Buffalo. why does Michael Johnson ever see the field. i wanna throw something at the tv when i see him on 3rd down
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 09:54 PM)thillan Wrote: Nah, he's good, but Lattimore from the Saints deserves it. He's already one of the best corners in the league.

Yeah. Good point. That kid in New Orleans is incredible. He's a lock for it.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote