Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carl Lawson / Defensive Rookie of the Year?
(11-26-2017, 11:46 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: When they showed a replay of Garrett's sack of Dalton today it was very obvious that he just ROCKED Ogbuehi. Physical domination in its purest form.

I don't really ever see Lawson overpower a tackle or anything. He always seems to get his sacks from people running into him.

Does this concern people? Or am I just being a downer?

Not hard to rock a dude when you stuff your hands in his face.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think he’s got a good chance to win it. The media loves sacks. Remember when Odell didn’t win it because Shawn whats-his-name had more sacks?

I don’t know how good that kid in N.O. is, but Lawson is a stud & produces on limited snaps.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Didn't want to start a new thread, so I'll put this here...

Reply/Quote
Now if he can get the jumping off sides under control. I expect at least one tonight when it's 3rd and less than 5.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 02:07 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Not with the way the media jizzes over baby Watt.

That's what I'm thinking as well. And his official name is the twatt..  
Now if Lawson were competing for ROY amongst players who needed emergency dental care he's a sure fire winner..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 09:43 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Remember the hype around him before the season started?

Holy crap, we got a steal.

He currently leads all rookies with 7.0 sacks and has 2 more than the #2 rookie.

Do you guys think he has a serious chance at DROY?

With 5 games left, can he hit double digits?

The biggest draw back to him winning the award is that he plays for the Bengals. Just saying.

Reply/Quote
If only they could find ways to get him on the field more often.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 02:14 PM)Synric Wrote: If only they could find ways to get him on the field more often.

I think they purposely take him off the field on running downs because he is pretty poor against the run.

Personally, I'd like to see him get some snaps at OLB with Willis at DE.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 09:43 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Remember the hype around him before the season started?

Holy crap, we got a steal.

He currently leads all rookies with 7.0 sacks and has 2 more than the #2 rookie.

Do you guys think he has a serious chance at DROY?

With 5 games left, can he hit double digits?

Definately has a great shot. Dude is an amazing pass rusher, NO ONE gets lower than this guy.

I swear his shoulder is grazing the turf when he is rushing the passer and he is extremely strong.

The Law is for real and Villanueva should have a tough time tonight. The Stealers better give him help or The Law will feast.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 02:14 PM)Synric Wrote: If only they could find ways to get him on the field more often.

Dunlap went through a similar deal his rookie season. Only got in the rotation due to injuries and Marv wouldn't start him for whatever reason. He was in Marv's doghouse ala John Ross. Dunlap posted 9.5 sacks in 12 games, but the "starts" always went to Geathers. Atkins led the NFL in sacks in that preseason, but he wasn't given a starting gig until the following year. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 01:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Didn't want to start a new thread, so I'll put this here...

This is awesome Holic, thanks. Cool
Reply/Quote