Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carl Lawson: "I can be ridiculously good"
Reply/Quote
Love this kid!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I agree with him lol

He has some things that he needs to improve on, namely in coverage and stopping the run but he is a rare
talent rushing the passer already. I like how he has already been eyeing Dunlap's records.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 04:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree with him lol

He has some things that he needs to improve on, namely in coverage and stopping the run but he is a rare
talent rushing the passer already. I like how he has already been eyeing Dunlap's records.

After watching him last season, hearing his confidence and seeing the effort and diligence to back up his statements, I think this guy could have a monster season.
Reply/Quote
Well Talking the Talk is one thing... almost time to walk the walk
Reply/Quote
With 8.5 sacks last season I don't doubt him.
Reply/Quote
Well then it's time to get ridiculous!!! Just read that he will not be a linebacker, just a DE!
Reply/Quote
Who knows? He might actually have a chance. After all, at least he didn't end up on this list.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2775312-nfls-most-likely-candidates-for-a-sophomore-slump-in-2018#slide1

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I used to say the same thing to chicks in bars. It was met with skepticism back then too.
Reply/Quote
I can see this guy being the next Geno on the outside. A perennial pro bowler who ends up as one of the best Bengals of all time. Still a long way to go but I can see it.
Reply/Quote
Reminds me of Dwight freeney. Not a bad comparison.

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 06:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: With 8.5 sacks last season I don't doubt him.

Yep he definitely walked the walk in his first year.

Hard to dislike.him. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Anybody who watched CL in college knows health is the only reason he wasn't a top 10 pick in the NFL. Here's to hoping he left the injury bug in college and dominates this year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
very refreshing to hear such confidence.i havent heard this kind of confidence from a player in 3rd person
since the days of Chad and T.J.
currently i hear it from the STEELERS PLAYERS.
Lawson had a 10 sack season but i think 2 penalties nullified his sacks.
i hope his confidence is contagious
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 09:14 PM)impactplaya Wrote: very refreshing to hear such confidence.i havent heard this kind of confidence from a player in 3rd person
since the days of Chad and T.J.
currently i hear it from the STEELERS PLAYERS.
Lawson had a 10 sack season but i think 2 penalties nullified his sacks.
i hope his confidence is contagious

You must have missed Dunlap saying he’d break the sack record...

Reply/Quote
Sounds like he works very hard to succeed. That’s the kinda stuff we need in players. Good kid.

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 07:18 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Sounds like he works very hard to succeed. That’s the kinda stuff we need in players. Good kid.

Yes we do, and hopefully others will take notice of him and step it up.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 05:49 PM)3wt Wrote: After watching him last season, hearing his confidence and seeing the effort and diligence to back up his statements, I think this guy could have a monster season.

Just has to stay healthy. Nearly unstoppable when healthy and can pin his ears back.

Dude gets around the edge like the elites of all time. Like Impactplayer said he could of had atleast 10 sacks as
a rookie but a few got taken away by penalties. For instance TJ Watt shouldn't of had as many sacks as he did as
he committed penalties and got away with them (which we all know never happens with Steeler players).

I believe the penalties that costed Lawson to not get double digit sacks were not his fault either. Could be wrong.

(07-25-2018, 08:32 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I can see this guy being the next Geno on the outside. A perennial pro bowler who ends up as one of the best Bengals of all time.  Still a long way to go but I can see it.

I could see it rare skills the Law has.

(07-25-2018, 08:36 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Reminds me of Dwight freeney. Not a bad comparison.

Not bad at all. Also see a little Von Miller in him, Lawson just plays on the right side more often.

Would be cool to see us rotate our Ends a little more and see them on different sides from time to time.

Give blockers a lot more to think about.

(07-25-2018, 08:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Anybody who watched CL in college knows health is the only reason he wasn't a top 10 pick in the NFL. Here's to hoping he left the injury bug in college and dominates this year.

True, injury history was the only reason he fell that far. I had both him and Willis rated as 2nd rounders.

Only had Willis rated ahead of him cause of the injuries and the fact Willis was a good run stopper at Kansas State.
Reply/Quote
Lawson looks physically imposing.
He looks like the terminator.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Confidence is key. He looks like he is in phenomenal shape this year, says volumes because he's always looked pretty darn good.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote