Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL NETWORK SAYS BENGALS STILL IN AFC NORTH HUNT.
Our hopes of winning the AFC North are still alive thanks to Mike "ET" Glennon and Bort Bortles managing to beat our rivals for us. Nice. Let's see if we can match their efforts!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hey, I still hold out hope, but I’m an idiot. So there’s that.

Reply/Quote
Well if the NFL network says it it must be true because they can't say things online if they're not true. You can't even legally imagine them exaggerating. The law's the law. You can rest assured now that our odds of celebrating the imminent super bowl victory are instantly better than 0. 
The only reason we haven't won this season is because I haven't gone fishing yet. It's all connected in ways you can't even imagine. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 11:14 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Hey, I still hold out hope, but I’m an idiot. So there’s that.

That's the first step in recognition of the fact that smarter people than ourselves do indeed exist. Unfortunately they've all been shipped off to distant planets beyond our galaxy. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
AFC North is kind of a steaming hot pile of garbage right now. None of the teams are playing well, and none of the teams have played any good teams other than the Bengals losing to Green Bay. Even then, Green Bay was ravaged by injury.

AFCN has losses to: Bears, Jags, Texans, Packers, Colts
AFCN has beaten: Vikings (steelers)

That is not an impressive track record three weeks in.

So is NFLN wrong? Absolutely not. If the Bengals can string together some wins against beatable teams in the upcoming weeks we could be right back in it.

Would any sane person bet on that happening? Absolutely not as well.
Reply/Quote
Just hope it is not the steelers especially after staying in tunnel while one man went out and honored the flag.

Yes, have heard their excuses and know they will do differently this week after fan backlash.

Too late for me as they have shown their true colors imho.

Of course this is nothing new since I loathe the steelers already.

But I now do respect one, Alejandro Villanueva kudos to you.

and Tomlin is a jerk to say otherwise and no apology should have been necessary from the man.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 10:13 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Typical Marvin.  I get so tired of the playing-not-to-lose mentality.  At halftime they should've changed it up, throw in a little up-tempo, spread them out, etc.  Instead, stick to the same plan and HOPE the defense holds.

Marvin would never try something like that because in his mind that would not shorten the game and would tire his defense.  He always goes with the conservative approach because that's what supposed to be the formula.

His message and strategies are stale, what worked in the 90's does not necessarily work today.  Heck, last week Pittsburgh got the ball back with a little over 20 seconds left in the half deep in their own territory.  Ben threw downfield 2 or 3 times, hoping for something, anything, maybe in a pass interference to steal a FG before the half.  Think Marvie would do that?  Nope.  He'll take a knee with over a minute left.
Yep, and the reason that it doesn't work today is offenses are more high-powered and are so diverse in what they do that you need to move the chains and score through the air.  Completing passes and moving the chains keeps the clock running and your defense off the field, but running the ball ineffectively might keep the clock running by it doesn't move the chains and that doesn't keep your defense on the sidelines.

Marvin used to have slogans for the year and do his best to get the team fired up, which granted that he wasn't great at it, but he doesn't even try anymore.  The team is not inspired to go out and win games and so they won't win games.
(09-30-2017, 10:27 AM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Very seldom do we keep the pressure on when we have the lead. We got what, a field goal in the second half? As usual, the other team makes halftime adjustments, and we don't. I guess we didn't think we needed any since the first half went well. The new coordinator did seem to bring life into the team, at least for a half. Dalton still overthrew wide open receivers, and his dumb grins are getting almost as annoying as Marvin's blank stares. I'm at and have been at the point where I'd just as soon lose every freaking game, hopefully get a real coach, and perhaps a QB and an O-line that is more than "serviceable" as well. Realistically, we're not going anywhere this year, maybe we can just do a competent job at being what we really are...a bad football team with no real leadership or direction, get the high draft pick and reset for next year. Even if we accomplish being bad correctly, I can't imagine getting a coach that's a difference maker. Watching football channel yesterday and the nightmare of Herm Edwards came on..... please MB don't let that happen, get a real staff just once... an experienced coordinator with real potential for a coach, and a complete new staff...I think the fans and the players both deserve it!!

People say that Marvin fails to make halftime adjustments, but I think that's false and he just makes shitty halftime adjustments.  His halftime adjustments are "let's run the ball to hold the lead and grind out the clock, and, on defense, let's only rush four to prevent giving up the big play to let them back into it," which causes the team to lose the fire and the energy, while also letting the other team easily stop us on offense because we're predictable and not attacking and it allows the opposing offense to finally start picking us apart.

We forget how good Dalton was two years ago before the injury, so bring in a new head coach to inspire the team, give Dalton a line, and let this core of players make a few runs at it.

Marvin needs to go.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 09:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: All I care about this season is seeing whether Fisher or Ogbuehi can actually become a serviceable OT by year's end.

Yes we need questions answered. I am here for all 16 games plus regardless of our record.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 06:26 PM)kevin Wrote: They said all AFC North teams lost last week and even though Bengals are 0-3 that there is still hope for Bengals Fans.  They pointed out Burfict back.  They pointed out AJ Green.  They pointed out nobody in the AFC North is playing all that great and IF the Bengals can start winning this week, the AFC North is still wide open for whoever gets hot. They pointed out Bengals Houston score was close and Bengals took Packers into overtime. They say not to give up on Bengals in play-offs 5 of last 6 years just yet. It was good to hear this on NFL Network.

I said it right after last week...what?  You believe a bunch of rating whores over me?

I'm hurt, Kevin.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 09:55 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Sounds like manufactured takery for clicks

Yeah, all .27% of the NFL fanbase, which represents us...Bengals Fans.  And we wonder why we can't get a fair shake by the officials.   When fanbases like GB, pittsuckburg, New England, and Dallas represent literally Billions of dollars and we represent enough money for Goodell and his douchebag friends a Hyundai Sonata...well, let's just say that they know where their bread is buttered.  
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 08:51 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm willing to give the Bengals a shot to surprise us.

One of the two teams is going to be 2-2 after this weekend. We'll likely be 1-3. It's not like we're way behind. We'll only be 2 games behind the first place team after Sunday's win Big Grin

When I posted this a day after the GB game, I wasn't kidding.

The Bengals don't need to worry about the paper-thin ratbirds...they only need to worry about catching pitt.  

The steelers will roll the rats today, but then face the Jags and Chiefs (in KC) and I think they lose the latter, putting them at 4-2.

The Bengals will beat the Browns today, then the Bills a week later, and be 2-3 facing pitt off the bye.  When they beat the steelers, they will be 3-3 and pitt will be 4-3. 

It is not out of the question.  Just take care of business and win the next two heading in to the bye.  Then, all the pressure in the world will be on pitt.
Reply/Quote
Did we suddenly get a new offensive line? Shocked
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The division is weak. Everyone is still in it lol
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 10:22 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Did we suddenly get a new offensive line?  Shocked

Exactly!! A win today would just be fools gold, most will buy into it though. We all want it to happen. We have to play above .500 and the other teams need to play below .500.
Reply/Quote
Well...now lets beat the Bills next week and then I'd be willing to listen to talk of us being back in it.

A loss to the Bills though and we're out of it.

The Patriots and the Jets have the same record at 2-2.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 05:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well...now lets beat the Bills next week and then I'd be willing to listen to talk of us being back in it.

A loss to the Bills though and we're out of it.

The Patriots and the Jets have the same record at 2-2.

Feel the same way. However, beating the Bills is not enough. Destroy Pitt, Indy and Jax after? I will be convinced we have a chance!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 05:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Feel the same way. However, beating the Bills is not enough. Destroy Pitt, Indy and Jax after? I will be convinced we have a chance!

Really ALL of these games are winnable. I could make a case that we could lose any of the next 4 also.

When you're mediocre...you're always at your best.

We pretty much need to go 3-1 over this stretch to start talking playoffs.
Reply/Quote