Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carl Lawson, welcome to the jungle!
Bengals get yet another steal!
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I had my eye on Lawson.

It will be interesting to see if they use him as a DE or OLB.

It would be nice to have an OLB that could rush the passer...so I'm kind of partial to that plan.
Reply/Quote
great value pick and depth we needed
Reply/Quote
I'd LOVE to see him used as an OLB in passing situations 12-15 snaps a game. Other teams have these guys. Now maybe we do.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:40 PM)Trademark Wrote: Bengals get yet another steal!

You got that right. It's been a great draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Definitely A LOT of potential in this draft that's for sure.

The coaches just have to use these young players.
Reply/Quote
What a superb selection! Carl Lawson is unique. He can line up like a traditional defensive end or stand up like an outside linebacker. This is the versatility Cincinnati needs on defense.
Reply/Quote
Loving that we doubled down on pass rushers we need to get back to a rotation in the worst way. If Billings pans out along with these 2 we could be back to the days of bringing fear to likes of Rodgers and Brady again.
Reply/Quote
I love this pick! Now we need to check out o-line. maybe dan skipper?
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Our 3rd down defense got so much better the last 2 rounds.
Reply/Quote

Love this pick and Willis. Both should improve the pass rush!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I had my eye on Lawson.

It will be interesting to see if they use him as a DE or OLB.

It would be nice to have an OLB that could rush the passer...so I'm kind of partial to that plan.

(04-29-2017, 01:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd LOVE to see him used as an OLB in passing situations 12-15 snaps a game. Other teams have these guys. Now maybe we do.

Team is listing him as a rush OLB.
Reply/Quote
Good job so far with this draft.....Really filled some needs .
Reply/Quote
Would of been ecstatic with Lawson in the 2nd. Might be the steal of the Draft and i love all the other picks, even Malone.

This guy is great at rushing the passer and he CAN stop the run. Willis and him will be one hell of a battle, what is so great
is Lawson can also play SAM backer for us. What an awesome pick! Seriously, we get a Center with the last 4th rounder and
we are set. Grab a Kicker in the 5th = BOOM DRAFT.

I say BOOM.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:55 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: What a superb selection!  Carl Lawson is unique.  He can line up like a traditional defensive end or stand up like an outside linebacker.  This is the versatility Cincinnati needs on defense.

Its the type of defensive player that will control the league from here on out. Pass happy league needs strong FAST guys who can get to the QB quicker than before. Having these guys stand up and rush the outside gets that pressure there
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd LOVE to see him used as an OLB in passing situations 12-15 snaps a game. Other teams have these guys. Now maybe we do.

We kept Chris Carter on the roster in '14 and '15.

We drafyted Moch.

We are not opposed to having guys like this.  We just have not found the right one.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 05:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We kept Chris Carter on the roster in '14 and '15.

We drafyted Moch.

We are not opposed to having guys like this.  We just have not found the right one.

To add to that, the Bengals don't seem to get very exotic or out of their comfort zone on scheme, either. I'm not sure how many opportunities are in the Bengals scheme for these types of players.

Or, maybe it's the other way around, right? Maybe once the right guy comes along the Bengals will get him on the field as often as it warrants.

Either way, I like this guy's potential as long as he (and the Bengals) can get the most out of it.
Reply/Quote
This guy is really physical and violent with his hands in the pass rush. Scary with him and Willis in the same draft.

Also really like the Glasgow pick who plays down, dirty and mean in the trenches.

Menacing is the word for this D-line now. Menacing.
Reply/Quote
Love Lawson. See him as a young James Harrison
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Totally agree, Lawson is a big steal!!!

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote