Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carl Pickens His Horse
(04-26-2021, 02:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: At his pinnacle, I'd put Pick with those 2 guys.

His pinnacle just didn't last long though. Possibly due to shifting between QB's.

That ROY award was kinda weak though. It was just a bad year for rookies, because Pick didn't do much.

Yeah, but anyone that watched him knows how good he was.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 06:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, I don't have anything to actually put in here, I just saw the "Carson Picks His Horse" thread and briefly misread it as "Carl Pickens His Horse". I was quite confused as to what Carl Pickens was doing with a horse before I re-read it properly.

- - - - - - -
So how about this question instead. Would Carl Pickens be a Hall of Famer if he had played for another team/a different era?

His QBs were washed up Boomer, Klingler, Blake, O'Donnell, and a little bit of Akili.

Even with the 90s Bengals, he was able to go to 2 Pro Bowls, had 4 1,000+ yard seasons, 3 seasons of 10+ TDs including leading the league in '95 with 17 TDs. This despite being on a Bengals team that never had a winning season in the 8 seasons he was there (and won 5 or less games in 5 of the 8 seasons he was there).

We know being on really bad teams shortens careers, it limits attention/awards, and the QBing/supporting cast isn't really there. So do you think he would have been a guy like Corey Dillon who could have a chance at the HoF if he played for another team?

Classic million dollar body with a 5 cent head.  Amazing WR but dumb as a box of rocks.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 10:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Classic million dollar body with a 5 cent head.  Amazing WR but dumb as a box of rocks.  

Those guys can still totally get in the HoF. I mean, nobody has EVER accused Gronk of being the sharpest tool in the shed. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Pickens was awesome on some really bad teams but I don’t know if he would have been a HOF player. I do give him a lot of credit because he was one of the very few good things for the 90s Bengals.

Sad to see he’s such an A hole...
Reply/Quote