Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Carlos Dunlap

Pretty solid deal. He gets paid and gets to stay with a playoff team. Good for him and I hope he does well.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Good for him,he seems happy there
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 12:06 AM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: Good for him,he seems happy there

Solid deal and also likely worth every penny. I understand the square peg in round hole thing that occurs between 3-4 and 4-3 ends but past that I don’t know much.. that being said I’ll always be flabbergasted by Zack and Lous refusal to use him or utilize him to his strength last year. It was clear once he departed that he still “had it”. Wish he could have “had it” for our dismal pass rush.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 03:53 AM)Sanforbd Wrote: Solid deal and also likely worth every penny. I understand the square peg in round hole thing that occurs between 3-4 and 4-3 ends but past that I don’t know much.. that being said I’ll always be flabbergasted by Zack and Lous refusal to use him or utilize him to his strength last year. It was clear once he departed that he still “had it”. Wish he could have “had it” for our dismal pass rush.

Zac and Lou are bums. Neither one of them will be hired at the position they have right now ever again. They're position coaches on a good day.

But hey... We got a 7th, and a center that we never used for the best pass rusher we've had in a generation.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 09:35 PM)jason Wrote: Zac and Lou are bums. Neither one of them will be hired at the position they have right now ever again. They're position coaches on a good day.

But hey... We got a 7th, and a center that we never used for the best pass rusher we've had in a generation.

It's more than we got for our best D-lineman in a generation. Much like Seattle we would have cut Dunlap with his old contract. Why can't folks understand this? 

Do you want to give the draft pick back? Because Dunlap was never going to be here in 2021/ 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 09:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's more than we got for our best D-lineman in a generation. Much like Seattle we would have cut Dunlap with his old contract. Why can't folks understand this? 

Do you want to give the draft pick back? Because Dunlap was never going to be here in 2021/ 

So if Carlos put up his normal production in Cincinnati last year, we'd cut him?

Giving the pick back isn't the point. It's letting a situation get so toxic that virtually every football fan knew he needed to go. I know with his age they weren't gonna get a great pick for him, but a 7th?... And I don't care what they do with that pick. The guy will be camp fodder or on some practice squad. I guess in fairness we could package it to move up 2 spots in the 5th.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 09:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's more than we got for our best D-lineman in a generation. Much like Seattle we would have cut Dunlap with his old contract. Why can't folks understand this?

Should have traded him 2019.

A lot of us saw this, unfortunately the team booked a ski vacation and they feel they aren't "in the business of making other teams better".   Also, to quote Zac Taylor:  "Why would trade that guy?"

Well, Zac, this is why you trade that guy, and that guy, and probably that guy too.  Because now, two years later, we're left with a total of a single 7th round pick and all we got is 6 wins to show for it.
Reply/Quote
This guy is a turd. Idgaf what he does after he decided to give up on the bengals.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 10:01 PM)jason Wrote: So if Carlos put up his normal production in Cincinnati last year, we'd cut him?

Giving the pick back isn't the point. It's letting a situation get so toxic that virtually every football fan knew he needed to go. I know with his age they weren't gonna get a great pick for him, but a 7th?... And I don't care what they do with that pick. The guy will be camp fodder or on some practice squad. I guess in fairness we could package it to move up 2 spots in the 5th.

Seattle did; why wouldn't we? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 10:25 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: This guy is a turd. Idgaf what he does after he decided to give up on the bengals.

No, the Bengals are turds. Carlos was a malcontent who got way more than he would have had he stayed and been nice. He forced his way out of town, went to Seattle, produced, and then got paid. He wasn't a turd. He was smart and the Bengals were stupid for not seeing that he didn't fit their defense and trading him in the 2020 off season.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 05:16 AM)bengalfreak Wrote: No, the Bengals are turds. Carlos was a malcontent who got way more than he would have had he stayed and been nice. He forced his way out of town, went to Seattle, produced, and then got paid. He wasn't a turd. He was smart and the Bengals were stupid for not seeing that he didn't fit their defense and trading him in the 2020 off season.

Agree a thousand percent with this. I blame the bengals most times in these situations cuz the history shows this is how they mismanage the team time and time again. We are a losing franchise every year for reasons not unknown it’s shit like this year in and year out. It’s a mismanaged football team. And now with a dead qb they are gonna still go out and get a flashy pass catcher instead of the beat body guard in recents drafts to protect burrow in Sewell. It’s bengal shit 101
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 05:16 AM)bengalfreak Wrote: No, the Bengals are turds. Carlos was a malcontent who got way more than he would have had he stayed and been nice. He forced his way out of town, went to Seattle, produced, and then got paid. He wasn't a turd. He was smart and the Bengals were stupid for not seeing that he didn't fit their defense and trading him in the 2020 off season.

What did he produce? 
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 06:23 PM)sandwedge Wrote: What did he produce? 

5 sacks, 6 TFL, and 12 QB Hits in half a season's worth of games.

Double that for a full season and 10 sacks, 12 TFL, 24 QB Hits will get a DE to the Pro Bowl. 10 sacks would have tied him for 10th in the NFL last year, and 12 TFL would have tied him for 12th in the NFL last year.

Then he added a QB Hit and 2 PDef in a playoff game.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 06:23 PM)sandwedge Wrote: What did he produce? 

A new contract with a perennial playoff team that's been to two Super Bowls in the last 10 years?
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 06:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 5 sacks, 6 TFL, and 12 QB Hits in half a season's worth of games.

Double that for a full season and 10 sacks, 12 TFL, 24 QB Hits will get a DE to the Pro Bowl. 10 sacks would have tied him for 10th in the NFL last year, and 12 TFL would have tied him for 12th in the NFL last year.

Then he added a QB Hit and 2 PDef in a playoff game.

We pretty much ran the guy out of town and got nothing for him.  It's likely that his production increased based solely that he went to a far more successful team than ours.  Better management, coaching & players, so the guy is probably so much happier.  

Who knows?  He might really light it up this year.  It wouldn't surprise me one bit really.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Traded late on Dalton, Dunlap, Atkins, and Green due to such a flawed loyalty from Mr. Brown..... dwarf like, but I understand.

Traded Carson Palmer right on time.
Reply/Quote