Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Carlos Dunlap is returning to the Tri-State
ok not exactly to play...

He is opening up a location of his brunch restaurant Honey Uninhibited on the riverfront in Covington the 2nd week of July. The restaurant has been named the best brunch location in Miami

He closed the deal last year when the Chiefs were in town during week 13.

It's always nice to see old players still involved in the city and a new restaurant doesn't hurt either

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 03:22 PM)pally Wrote: ok not exactly to play...

He is opening up a location of his brunch restaurant Honey Uninhibited on the riverfront in Covington the 2nd week of July.  The restaurant has been named the best brunch location in Miami

He closed the deal last year when the Chiefs were in town during week 13.

It's always nice to see old players still involved in the city and a new restaurant doesn't hurt either

LOVE IT!

I love that he enjoys the area and sees enough promise in the riverfront to open a restaurant here and come back to the area!  

Covington and Newport are really starting to blow up and become big on this side of the river!
Reply/Quote
Just looked at the menu and that's all stupid expensive!

$8 for a side of meat?!

$18 cocktails?!

NO THANKS!

Unless he changes the prices here, I doubt that they'll have much success in Covington!

It's building up but it's still not an area that can dish out that kind of money regularly!
Reply/Quote
I'll bet it has a huge Whine List
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I looked the place up and the menu looks interesting, if not a bit pricey for brunch. Then I noticed that their review average was 4.0 out of 5 stars which is a bit low. I looked through their Google reviews, and wow some of them are brutal.

I know every place has hiccups, and their good reviews far outnumbered the bad, but there are LOTS of bad ones and they all say similar things, so there are definitely patterns there. If you want some interesting reading, go to their Google review page and sort it by lowest review.
Reply/Quote
Meh, I have no use for him after the way he left. I won't be supporting his business, he can go to Seattle or KC and open a restaurant.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 05:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Meh, I have no use for him after the way he left.

If he didn't do what he did, he would have been stuck as 3rd string behind guys who probably aren't in the NFL anymore, and he then he would have been out of the NFL as well without going to Seattle and putting up 5 sacks in 8 games to finish the year.

He extended his career, reached the 100 sack milestone, and got himself a SB ring.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 04:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll bet it has a huge Whine List

So simple, yet so brilliant.
Reply/Quote
Big fan of Dunlap.

Unfortunately even Mcdonalds just raised the price on my 3 dollar combo. So I understand it isn't cheap to run a restaurant.

Can't say I have been to Picman's pizza place in KY. Maybe some day if I'm across the river for some reason. And I've been out to brunch once in the last 10 years and probably complained about the cost 3/4 of the time I was there. But a riverfront location for Dunlap makes it interesting at least.

There are plenty of people out there who spend exorbitantly on prepared food. If they are cranking out good food hopefully it is a business that can stick around.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 05:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If he didn't do what he did, he would have been stuck as 3rd string behind guys who probably aren't in the NFL anymore, and he then he would have been out of the NFL as well without going to Seattle and putting up 5 sacks in 8 games to finish the year.

He extended his career, reached the 100 sack milestone, and got himself a SB ring.

Yeah it ended up being a great decision for him. This staff for whatever reason doesn't take the player into account when making moves. Jonah, Dalton and Dunlap I may be forgetting someone and these are at least the players that spoke out. Turns out players are people and if you work several years some place you'd like them to at least have enough respect for you to have a face to face conversation.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 05:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If he didn't do what he did, he would have been stuck as 3rd string behind guys who probably aren't in the NFL anymore, and he then he would have been out of the NFL as well without going to Seattle and putting up 5 sacks in 8 games to finish the year.

I don't care he left. I care how he left. He was demoted on the depth chart for a reason, he took plays off, and refused to play in the system the way Lou designed it. Ever see Hubbard take a play off? Then his little prima donna ass got butt hurt and he posted the depth chart on social media. I have no use for him.
He was great, when he wanted to be.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 08:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't care he left. I care how he left. He was demoted on the depth chart for a reason, he took plays off, and refused to play in the system the way Lou designed it. Ever see Hubbard take a play off? Then his little prima donna ass got butt hurt and he posted the depth chart on social media. I have no use for him.

Good PostSmackMooning
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 08:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't care he left. I care how he left. He was demoted on the depth chart for a reason, he took plays off, and refused to play in the system the way Lou designed it. Ever see Hubbard take a play off? Then his little prima donna ass got butt hurt and he posted the depth chart on social media. I have no use for him.

I would love to see a clip of Dunlap "taking plays off". I don't remember seeing any where I thought he wasn't showing enough effort. It seems like everyone reads too much into the "business decisions" quote I've seen said that he made. A business decision could be as much as not diving into a pile after the tackle is made or not standing on the side of the pile waiting for more bodies to roll up on your legs.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 09:15 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I would love to see a clip of Dunlap "taking plays off". I don't remember seeing any where I thought he wasn't showing enough effort. It seems like everyone reads too much into the "business decisions" quote I've seen said that he made. A business decision could be as much as not diving into a pile after the tackle is made or not standing on the side of the pile waiting for more bodies to roll up on your legs.

I've watched him take numerous plays off, more times than I care to remember. He would just stand up and kind of watch the play showing little effort. Of course, that's probably something you can't google for clips. Ninja Taking plays off is something Dunlap has been known for his entire career going back to his draft profile.....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/331498-buyer-beware-carlos-dunlap-has-bust-written-all-over-him

Quote:These flaws would be somewhat negated if Dunlap played with a consistently high motor, but he doesn’t. Dunlap will take a play off from time to time, it's blatant and puts the defense at a huge disadvantage.
Five things to know about new Seahawks defensive end Carlos Dunlap | The Seattle Times
Quote:Daugherty added: “This was a failure on both sides. Part of coaching is solving problems and that can include issues off the field. Dunlap never had this kind of issue with the previous regime, unless you count his occasional unwillingness to practice and the very occasional plays he took off. He’s not alone in that behavior. Dunlap was a questionable draft pick who will leave here as the team’s 2nd-best sacker, ever. His efforts to curb bullying and his frequent visits to urban schools will be noted. Dunlap was a good dude.”
Reply/Quote

MLK

Reply/Quote

Wondering if he has biscuits & grovy or woffles or maybe poncokes. Mellow

Also wondering how many will get the joke without asking. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 11:02 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Wondering if he has biscuits & grovy or woffles or maybe poncokes. Mellow

Tires.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 09:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I've watched him take numerous plays off, more times than I care to remember. He would just stand up and kind of watch the play showing little effort. Of course, that's probably something you can't google for clips. Ninja Taking plays off is something Dunlap has been known for his entire career going back to his draft profile.....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/331498-buyer-beware-carlos-dunlap-has-bust-written-all-over-him

Five things to know about new Seahawks defensive end Carlos Dunlap | The Seattle Times

... And still made the all decade team.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 10:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: MLK

(06-22-2023, 11:02 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Wondering if he has biscuits & grovy or woffles or maybe poncokes. Mellow

I'm assuming it has something to do with lack of A's but I'm not too hip. Hell, I'm stumped as to why Nicomo referred to Martin Luther King. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 01:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm assuming it has something to do with lack of A's but I'm not too hip. Hell, I'm stumped as to why Nicomo referred to Martin Luther King. 

I thought it was because people would spell his name DunlOp instead of DunlAp
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote