Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Carlos Dunlap is returning to the Tri-State
(06-22-2023, 01:31 PM)jason Wrote: ... And still made the all decade team.

Never said he wasn't a great talent....... when he wanted to be. But taking plays off was the knock on him, and was all the way back to college. His Dad even warned Zim to keep on him about it. And, He didn't want to play his role under Lou. He could still be playing Left DE getting Hubbard's snaps if he had. 
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 03:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Just looked at the menu and that's all stupid expensive!

$8 for a side of meat?!

$18 cocktails?!

NO THANKS!

Unless he changes the prices here, I doubt that they'll have much success in Covington!

It's building up but it's still not an area that can dish out that kind of money regularly!

Inflation, inflation..It'll ruin the nation..
Price of most everything went up.  Think of inflation as the down payment on rebuilding the infrastructure when Chinese jobs are hollowed out and we're at full employment.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 03:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Just looked at the menu and that's all stupid expensive!

$8 for a side of meat?!

$18 cocktails?!

NO THANKS!

Unless he changes the prices here, I doubt that they'll have much success in Covington!

It's building up but it's still not an area that can dish out that kind of money regularly!

As far as I'm aware, the only location is Miami.  A premium town is going to charge premium prices.  $18 for a cocktail in a bigger city in the US is pretty normal in my experience.  I always get a kick out of my family in the Cincy area complaining when we go out there and a cocktail somewhere is $12-13.  In Denver, $12-15 is pretty standard.  $18 in a city like Miami doesn't surprise me, and I wouldn't be surprised either to see the prices a little lower in Covington.  But costs are also going up and he's got the celebrity name so perhaps he'll stick with the same model and it'll work out for him! 
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 01:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm assuming it has something to do with lack of A's but I'm not too hip. Hell, I'm stumped as to why Nicomo referred to Martin Luther King. 

You and Fred had some heated arguments over Dunlap and he actually compared Carlos to MLK at one point. It was really something, even for Fred. LOL

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 06:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You and Fred had some heated arguments over Dunlap and he actually compared Carlos to MLK at one point. It was really something, even for Fred. LOL

I learned not to be surprised by anything that man posted, yet he somehow surprised me almost daily!

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 06:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You and Fred had some heated arguments over Dunlap and he actually compared Carlos to MLK at one point. It was really something, even for Fred. LOL

Fred and I had heated arguments over a lot of things. I do remember the MLK comments and his take on Carlos being "a man" was 2funny. 

WTS, I miss the dude. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 01:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Never said he wasn't a great talent....... when he wanted to be. But taking plays off was the knock on him, and was all the way back to college. His Dad even warned Zim to keep on him about it. And, He didn't want to play his role under Lou. He could still be playing Left DE getting Hubbard's snaps if he had. 

It worked out alright for everyone involved. Yes he clearly wasn't happy with his role on a terrible defense. He wasn't happy that he was demoted. He wasn't happy here anymore period. That can happen over time. AJ Green didn't seem terribly happy here that year either. They'd had their fill as had every other player who played under Mike Brown's watch. We all love what's going on here right now, but the book isn't completely written yet either. I'm not sure Dunlap has any regrets about not having Hubbard's snaps. He got a ring. Maybe our guys will too someday. I definitely saw him take plays off (most notably during the Rams game in London... Think he took the whole game off). I feel like he made way more plays than he ever took off though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 01:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I thought it was because people would spell his name DunlOp instead of DunlAp

Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou got it! Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 05:27 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou got it! Smirk

I got it first, asshole! Rant

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 09:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fred and I had heated arguments over a lot of things. I do remember the MLK comments and his take on Carlos being "a man" was 2funny. 

WTS, I miss the dude. 

You had to pick your battles with Fred lol. I couldnt tell you how many times I've had something half typed to argue with Fred and was like nah not getting into it with Fred today to much work.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
So Dunlap turned up to the opening wearing his Chiefs SB ring that’s one way of attracting customers I guess.

I give it a year before it closes down.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 04:15 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: So Dunlap turned up to the opening wearing his Chiefs SB ring that’s one way of attracting customers I guess.

I give it a year before it closes down.

Of course he did.... Yawn
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 06:22 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: As far as I'm aware, the only location is Miami.  A premium town is going to charge premium prices.  $18 for a cocktail in a bigger city in the US is pretty normal in my experience.  I always get a kick out of my family in the Cincy area complaining when we go out there and a cocktail somewhere is $12-13.  In Denver, $12-15 is pretty standard.  $18 in a city like Miami doesn't surprise me, and I wouldn't be surprised either to see the prices a little lower in Covington.  But costs are also going up and he's got the celebrity name so perhaps he'll stick with the same model and it'll work out for him! 

Cant see it working out with those prices but who knows.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 02:45 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Big fan of Dunlap.

Unfortunately even Mcdonalds just raised the price on my 3 dollar combo. So I understand it isn't cheap to run a restaurant.

Can't say I have been to Picman's pizza place in KY. Maybe some day if I'm across the river for some reason. And I've been out to brunch once in the last 10 years and probably complained about the cost 3/4 of the time I was there. But a riverfront location for Dunlap makes it interesting at least.

There are plenty of people out there who spend exorbitantly on prepared food. If they are cranking out good food hopefully it is a business that can stick around.

Picman's pizza joint is no longer there. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote