Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Carlos Dunlap is such a d bag
I won't talk shit about Carlos, he played his ass off for us.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 07:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He handled himself exactly how he had to in order to force (what I think was) the 2nd EVER mid-season trade by Mike Brown in 30 years. He got away from terrible coaches disrespecting him on a bad team and go to go to a good team, put up some good numbers, and go to the playoffs. He probably added 3 more years onto his future career length and $10-20m more in career earnings than if he stayed here and "remained bullish".

To what end?  He's exactly where he was with the Bengals, 0-for in the playoffs..   Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 10:38 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I won't talk shit about Carlos, he played his ass off for us.

On 6 out of 10 plays..... Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 11:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: On 6 out of 10 plays..... Rock On

Which is way more than some overpaid free agents we had.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Just a question.
Why does anyone owe Mike Brown any loyalty?
What has Brown done to repay your loyalty?

Do you REALLY think he's been putting his best foot forward vis a vis bringing a championship home?

Sure seems like there are other agendas going on with him...
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Off topic but speaking of edge players what's your opinion on Lawson? Will the team try to resign him? Do you want him back and how much would he get in a regular year/market? Seems like he's very quick off the edge but guessing his run defense isn't very good.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 11:27 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Off topic but speaking of edge players what's your opinion on Lawson? Will the team try to resign him? Do you want him back and how much would he get in a regular year/market? Seems like he's very quick off the edge but guessing his run defense isn't very good.

He's a lot like Dunlap. Hurries and hits the QB a lot but not really a finisher. He's a solid tackler but a bit below average in run D, but that's the way most 'pass rushers' are. There were only 16 EDs that recorded a PFF grade of 70+ in run D, of guys that played at least 50% of max snaps. 

The Bengals really need to sign him but i don't know that he's worth top 10 money with the lack of sacks. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 11:27 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Off topic but speaking of edge players what's your opinion on Lawson? Will the team try to resign him? Do you want him back and how much would he get in a regular year/market? Seems like he's very quick off the edge but guessing his run defense isn't very good.

He's a good player. The team will definitely bring him back. 

How much? Honestly, I think if the Bengals offered him a deal and he decided to test FA, he'd find that the Bengals deal will be the highest. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 10:13 PM)tBengal Wrote: Has a player ever made it to the playoffs 6+ times and never won a game?

It's really hard to have a shot at 0-6 in the playoffs unless you spent most of your career here.  I'm not sure how "Hardy har, 0-6 in the playoffs!" is a knock on Dunlap unless you're trying to mock him for not wanting out of Cincy sooner.

To put it in perspective, if Dunlap had played for 27 of the 32 teams in the NFL for his career he'd have a playoff win by now.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 10:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Poor baby only had two hours to pack. I'm quite sure he was able to afford movers to come pack him up and move him. A leopard doesn't change it's spots... Dunlap will start taking plays off out there as well, and Seattle won't put up with it and will can him.

isnt he a free agent now? I think Seahawks will try and retain him...and restructure what he has . 
He looked great playing for them...all for a 7th rounder!
Reply/Quote