Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos Dunlap on the Trade Market?
(03-26-2020, 10:04 PM)Destro Wrote: Yup. Off season grasping at straws. With every other sport being played on video games, it's at an all time high. 

Could be more hope from Stooler fans like they were hoping for Burrow to pull an Eli...
Reply/Quote
I don't see it.

1. Carlos Dunlap is still competing at a high level 2019. He looked as good as he ever...
2. They are not over crowded on the edge in fact they could add one.
3. If they are trying to shed cap hits there are alot more desirable choices Dalton, Kirkpatrick and now Shawn Williams.

I can only find one reason and its flimsy...to get a draft pick. I believe the pick would have to be top 40 to compensate the loss of Dunlap.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 10:14 PM)Synric Wrote: I don't see it.

1. Carlos Dunlap is still competing at a high level 2019. He looked as good as he ever...
2. They are not over crowded on the edge in fact they could add one.
3. If they are trying to shed cap hits there are alot more desirable choices Dalton, Kirkpatrick and now Shawn Williams.

I can only find one reason and its flimsy...to get a draft pick. I believe the pick would have to be top 40 to compensate the loss of Dunlap.

I wouldn't take a 2nd rounder for Big Los. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 07:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: First word of the tweet is RUMORED.

Second word is POTENTIAL.

Someone is throwing darts at the dartboard...

You mean the source is laying out some fragrant cow paddies?
Reply/Quote
I couldn't see it this year, but next year I could see it. This year we would have 4 million dead cap and 6 million saved from his departure. Next year we would save 11 million and lose 2 in the final year of his deal. I would think he'd be safe this year unless someone comes calling with some good picks.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 11:39 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I couldn't see it this year, but next year I could see it. This year we would have 4 million dead cap and 6 million saved from his departure. Next year we would save 11 million and lose 2 in the final year of his deal. I would think he'd be safe this year unless someone comes calling with some good picks.

But any more, you're lucky to get  third round pick for just about anybody.  If you're trading with the Texans(I'll  bet their phone never stops ringing), maybe you get a big return, but that's because BO is an idiot.  Anybody else, you're gonna end up feeling assaulted.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Dunlap had arguably his best year as a Bengal last year. That with most of his games coming in the last qtr of the season when Lou made big changes to his Defense. I just cant see them moving on from him at this point. Dalton and Dre save you 25 mil. Move on from them and were good to go for 2020.
Reply/Quote
I'm not surprised to see Dunlap's name mentioned. The beat writers mentioned that Dunlap could be moved at the deadline, but obviously nothing happened. After the season, they mentioned his name again as a dark horse trade candidate. Apparently the coaching staff was very frustrated with him because they didn't feel like he was giving it his all during the first half of the season. Dalton's benching was his supposed wake up call.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Boy wouldn't this take some shine off a very nice off-season?

I'd prefer to keep our all-time sack leader, thanks.

Big Los is big enough to play 3-4 end if that's the direction we're headed.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 07:04 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He can play anywhere on the edge in any scheme (or as a 3-4 DE).

One of the 3 best players on the D, in a decade of a lot of FANTASTIC players.

I wouldn't move him 'til his body breaks, he retires or he shows he just doesn't have it anymore.

This would be stupid.

Exactly what he said.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 01:31 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Boy wouldn't this take some shine off a very nice off-season?

I'd prefer to keep our all-time sack leader, thanks.

Big Los is big enough to play 3-4 end if that's the direction we're headed.

That got me to look at all the Bengals all time record holders. Damn a lot of those records are just ripe to wanting to be broken by some all time great players. Carlos and Geno 1 and 2 all time in sacks.

Hoping AJ Green continues to play here and get all of our all time records from Chad.

I also find it funny how many of our records our held by recent players and also how fast players that have only been here a few years shoot into our top 20. Like Boyd for example.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 06:52 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: That got me to look at all the Bengals all time record holders. Damn a lot of those records are just ripe to wanting to be broken by some all time great players. Carlos and Geno 1 and 2 all time in sacks.

Hoping AJ Green continues to play here and get all of our all time records from Chad.

I also find it funny how many of our records our held by recent players and also how fast players that have only been here a few years shoot into our top 20. Like Boyd for example.

Well tbf they only started keeping track of sacks in the 80’s, and the passing records like the ones Dalton has are from a much more pass heavy era.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 06:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: HELL NO!!! Whatever 

Keep Dunlap, Hubbard is good but he isn't there yet. 

The only reason this would make any sense is if the coaches don't think Los fits in a 3-4 hybrid which I would disagree with...

Hubbard could rotate at LT but he is not the every down LT.  That is Carlos.  Only way I would trade him is for a guy like Thuney and then they would absolutely have to target a guy like AJ Epenesa as his replacement but even that wouldn't make much sense as a rookie to be counted on to take over Dunlap's snaps.  

Even if they were working out a deal for Clowney, he may be a better athlete but he hasn't proven he can take those number of snaps.  Now, would I love to see Clowney AND Dunlap?  Hell, yes...I can dream, but Carlos has to be in the plans this year.  

And to your point about Hubbard, he is ascending perfectly in his role at RDE and hybrid inside rusher.  Why mess with his trajectory?  

If Epenesa was drafted this year in Rd 2 and showed he was a durable stud, maybe next year Carlos could move on and we go younger, but no way do you lose a guy that is so reliable and durable at such a key position.  I was thinking how much Carlos could benefit from Reader collapsing the pocket this year.  
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 06:47 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I guess it depends what they can get for him. I have a hard time believing they'd get better than a late 2nd/3rd for him because of age.

I wonder if his performance the first half of the year rubbed coaches the wrong way. Was it effort or injury the first half?

It was injury, and the coaches know it. Once healed, he was back to the beast he always is. I don't expect Carlos is going anywhere. That single move makes the team worse, not better. We're not doing that anymore.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 08:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It was injury, and the coaches know it. Once healed, he was back to the beast he always is. I don't expect Carlos is going anywhere. That single move makes the team worse, not better. We're not doing that anymore.

I agree that it'd likely make the defense worse for 2020. Most here are realistic that the team's playoff window opens in 2021. For the 2021 season, he'll be 32 and in the last year of his deal with a $13.5M cap hit. IF the trade rumors are true and IF the coaches think trading him and his contract allows them to add players to improve their chances for 2021 and beyond, you have to do it. They've built up a little *gulp* goodwill for me with their decision making this offseason. 
Reply/Quote
Hell no!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 02:31 PM)jason Wrote: Hell no!!!

Don't be vague.  Tell us how you really feel.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 08:50 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I agree that it'd likely make the defense worse for 2020. Most here are realistic that the team's playoff window opens in 2021. For the 2021 season, he'll be 32 and in the last year of his deal with a $13.5M cap hit. IF the trade rumors are true and IF the coaches think trading him and his contract allows them to add players to improve their chances for 2021 and beyond, you have to do it. They've built up a little *gulp* goodwill for me with their decision making this offseason. 

Even at that point, I'd restructure or extend him at a lower rate (of course, he may not take that), to keep him a Bengal for life.

Knowing how he is and how his funds are invested (before the COVID crap, Honey Uninhibited was doing VERY well), I'd think he would take a hometown discount for sure.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 02:58 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Even at that point, I'd restructure or extend him at a lower rate (of course, he may not take that), to keep him a Bengal for life.

Knowing how he is and how his funds are invested (before the COVID crap, Honey Uninhibited was doing VERY well), I'd think he would take a hometown discount for sure.

I had to google Honey Unihibited, had no idea Dunlap had his own restaurant. I have no desire to ever go to Miami, but if I do ever make it there I’ll have to try it.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 02:31 PM)jason Wrote: Hell no!!!

X2
Reply/Quote