Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos Dunlap question.
(07-09-2018, 09:27 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: It annoys me when Fouts announces bengals games period i can’t stand when he opens his mouth

Good point.   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2018, 05:19 PM)impactplaya Wrote: i really understand your observation. Dunlap is a well.balanced DE..does most things good....but not great.
i was looking at the Bengals schedule this year and the QBs they face 
Rothlisberger 
Taylor 
Rivers
Carr
Newton
Ryan
Brees
Luck.
its imperative the Bengals get Dunlap to be able to finish and the get the QB on the ground 
playing the run is nice but the NFL is a passing league now and the DEs coveted out of college are asked to be able to get to the QB 1st play run 2nd
Carlos needs to be able take advantage of the double teams that Atkins commands 
7.0.sacks wont get it done this year 

I'd disagree in that QB pressures is an under appreciated stat. He's always high up in the standings on this stat and that counts for a lot. This makes the other team throw quicker and helps make our secondary look better. Dunlap is also capable of pass defender at the line of scrimmage as others have noted.

But, will Mikey Brown see it that way?

I'm pretty much expecting Mikey to make a low ball offer that sends him packing.

Dunlap will get A LOT of attention in the free agent market next year if Mikey isn't willing to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 03:54 PM)impactplaya Wrote: well he needs to go back and look at that film of the 13.5 sack season cause the numbers dictate 
hes not finishing like he did that year. 
he should be getting 9 sacks a year on a minimum 
i hope dline coach Jacob Burney is seeing what your seeing 

Indeed and even that year Dunlap should of had more sacks, he missed a bunch. Like i said he could get the record
if he works on this. Agreed on Burney hope he is helping him to see this cause he could have a monster career if he
gets better at finishing the tackle of the QB.

(07-09-2018, 09:27 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: It annoys me when Fouts announces bengals games period i can’t stand when he opens his mouth

He hates us since we beat him in the Freezer Bowl. It is obvious.
Reply/Quote