Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos Dunlap rank among DEs through 5 games
First in passes defended (tipped).....5
Second in forced fumbles................2 (1 behind leader)
Second in total tackles..................22 (2 behind leader
Third in QB hurries.........................9 (2 behind leader)
Third in solo tackles......................15 (3 behind leader)
Fourth in sacks..............................4 (1 behind leader)

And he has accomplished all of this despite ranking 24th in defensive snaps played by a DE (230) a full 121 snaps fewer than the league leader (Jason Pierre-Paul 351)
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 01:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: First in passes defended (tipped).....5

And he has accomplished all of this despite ranking 24th in defensive snaps played by a DE (230) a full 121 snaps fewer than the league leader (Jason Pierre-Paul 351)

He's having a DPOY type season only question is why isn't he playing that much.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 01:19 AM)J24 Wrote: He's having a DPOY type season only question is why isn't he playing that much.

I don't know about DPOY, but he is flirting with All-Pro.
Reply/Quote
He's been one of the only bright spots so far this season. No doubt about it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I love Dunlap . Best DLE in league
Reply/Quote
He's a great athlete...I'm always surprised to see him listed at 280lbs because he looks so lean and agile and then you see the spring he has when he's trying to tip passes.

Really looks like it matters to him now and he's a definite leader of the team. Still only 27 too which is crazy as it feels like he's been with us forever.
Reply/Quote
Dunlap is football incarnate. I could only hope to match that dude's drive.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 03:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He's been one of the only bright spots so far this season. No doubt about it.

Him, Clarke (three sacks in three games) and Dre K are probably my bright spots outside the usual playmakers.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 01:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: First in passes defended (tipped).....5

The Bengals lucked out with Carlos Dunlap.  The way I remember it, a few years ago, the Bengals offered Michael Johnson a bunch of money.  Johnson refused the money.  So they offered the money to Carlos and he accepted it. 
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 05:24 AM)sonofstat Wrote: He's a great athlete...I'm always surprised to see him listed at 280lbs because he looks so lean and agile and then you see the spring he has when he's trying to tip passes.

Really looks like it matters to him now and he's a definite leader of the team. Still only 27 too which is crazy as it feels like he's been with us forever.
He looks so thin, because as Cameron Jordan noted on his Top 100 video, "Carlos Dunlap is like 6'12" ".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 10:19 AM)OBX Bengal Wrote: The Bengals lucked out with Carlos Dunlap.  The way I remember it, a few years ago, the Bengals offered Michael Johnson a bunch of money.  Johnson refused the money.  So they offered the money to Carlos and he accepted it. 

The only reason they offered MJ first was because he became a free agent a year before Dunlap.
Reply/Quote
Dunlap can play, and you have to love his drive. How often do you see a play downfield and Carlos coming running into the frame from the back side? The guy not only has the physical skills, but also a lot of heart.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 10:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The only reason they offered MJ first was because he became a free agent a year before Dunlap.
Yes, but if MJ takes that money would there be enough to keep Dunlap too? Geno, Burfict, Andy, and AJ's contracts all needed to get done at that point. Not that same year, but they were all on the horizon. It seems to me they knew they could only keep one between Carlos and MJ. They drafted Hunt to possibly replace the odd man out.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Dunlap is a stud. He's always been one of my favorite players. A guy who looks like he is genuinely having fun out there (maybe not so much this season) and plays at an exceptionally high level. Also really like how he has matured off the field throughout his NFL career.

I once saw him play in High School way back when...It was unfair, poor kids.
Reply/Quote
After Dunlap's rookie season (9.5 sacks in just 12 games) I thought we had a guy who would play on an All-Pro level for years.  His production dropped for a couple of years, but he is consistently playing at that level now.

Including the playoff game he has 18 sacks in his last 22 games.
Reply/Quote
I've always wondered how many sacks Los could have if we lined him up on the Blind Side. But he is just too valuable at LDE to move.

You would think with all the pressure he gets from the front side out RDE wouls at least run into a handful of sacks.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 11:11 AM)jason Wrote: Yes, but if MJ takes that money would there be enough to keep Dunlap too? Geno, Burfict, Andy, and AJ's contracts all needed to get done at that point. Not that same year, but they were all on the horizon. It seems to me they knew they could only keep one between Carlos and MJ. They drafted Hunt to possibly replace the odd man out.

Scary thought... MJ takes the money and we lose Dunlap.  The last couple of years we have had MJ and Hunt Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 11:45 AM)JumboTron Wrote: I once saw him play in High School way back when...It was unfair, poor kids.

I know i've told it 1,000 times but for the 1 or 2 MB folks that have never heard it.

When the Jadeveon Clowney draft hype was in full swing an SEC blocker was getting interviewed and asked had he ever seen anyone with the size, speed, strength, combo of JC. Without even thinking dud said Carlos Dunlap.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 12:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know i've told it 1,000 times but for the 1 or 2 MB folks that have never heard it.

When the Jadeveon Clowney draft hype was in full swing an SEC blocker was getting interviewed and asked had he ever seen anyone with the size, speed, strength, combo of JC. Without even thinking dud said Carlos Dunlap.

Thankfully Dunlap has been healthier and much more productive than Clowney.  Imagine the numbers Dunlap could put up if he had Watt on the other side of the line.
Reply/Quote
Most disruptive DE in the league IMHO. Also, never gives up. When there is a big offensive play the ball carrier
better always look for Dunlap coming from behind cause he will tear that ball out if they are not careful. Forced
the first turnover of the year by Prescott who is extremely careful with the ball.

His wingspan, strength and athleticism are almost uncomparable to go along with his bend. It is amazing how a
6'6" 280 pound DE can get so low, he is truly unique.
Reply/Quote