Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos Dunlap visiting the Panthers
Another former Bengal gets a look see....

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I find it interesting a lot of good vets still unemployed in Mid June. Jason Pierre Paul, a couple of OT's like Reiff, I think Cook (I know he is older) the TE who has been a reliable pass catcher for many years. Some vet receivers and a lot of DL.

I have to think some of these guys are going to find homes prior to training camp in late July.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 12:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I find it interesting a lot of good vets still unemployed in Mid June. Jason Pierre Paul, a couple of OT's like Reiff, I think Cook (I know he is older) the TE who has been a reliable pass catcher for many years. Some vet receivers and a lot of DL.

I have to think some of these guys are going to find homes prior to training camp in late July.

FWIW, I listened to an interview with Jaquiski Tartt (S) and he was asked where he was as far as offers and he said, he told his agent to not "approach anyone" until just before Training Camp. I guess if they (experienced veterans) don't hit the first wave of big money some would rather wait until all the voluntary stuff has passed
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Dunlap had 8.5 sacks, 14 QB hits, 7 Passes defended, and 8 TFL in less than 500 snaps played last year.

He will get paid well by some team
Reply/Quote
I find it hard to believe Duane Brown is still a FA.

According to PFF he was the 37th best OT last year (64 total).

Someone like the Rams would make sense after losing Whit.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 09:18 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I find it hard to believe Duane Brown is still a FA.

Rams have spent a lot of money recently though...

some of these guys still out there cause of the $$$ they want not their ability or lack their of lol
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 09:23 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Rams have spent a lot of money recently though...

some of these guys still out there cause of the $$$ they want not their ability or lack their of lol

LOL at the rams having a salary cap
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 01:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: FWIW, I listened to an interview with Jaquiski Tartt (S) and he was asked where he was as far as offers and he said, he told his agent to not "approach anyone" until just before Training Camp. I guess if they (experienced veterans) don't hit the first wave of big money some would rather wait until all the voluntary stuff has passed

True, and sometimes it behooves them to wait for more needs to open up in terms of supply vs demand.  Injuries pop up and they (FA) become more desirable.  
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 09:18 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I find it hard to believe Duane Brown is still a FA.

Would Duane Brown go to a team as a depth piece is my question?

If he would I would love to bring him to Cincy. Also wonder if Duane can play LG in case Carman's back is a problem...
Reply/Quote

He probably doesn't want to go through TC.  I anticipating him signing somewhere once camp has broken.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 12:16 PM)Whatever Wrote: He probably doesn't want to go through TC.  I anticipating him signing somewhere once camp has broken.

He will want a starting spot so I doubt we get him unless he just wants to play with Burrow.

Sure would love Duane Brown as insurance. Good player. Been wanting him here for a couple years now.
Reply/Quote
Peters at 40 wants to play for a playoff team. Said he is willing to sign for depth top backup
Reply/Quote