Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Athletic Fan Survery: Trust in Organization
Duke Tobin:    5 (most confident)   25.0
                    4                            55.9
                    3                            17.6
                    2                              1.3
                    1                                .3

If this year's draft, especially Dax Hill, turns out like the last couple, Duke will put to rest the naysayers

Zac Taylor     5 (most confident)   23.6
                    4                            54.8
                    3                            19.5
                    2                              1.8
                    1                                .3

People still aren't all in on Zac...more than cautiously optimistic based on the number of 4s.

Lou Anarumo  5 (most confident)   30.4
                    4                            52.7
                    3                            15.9
                    2                                .9
                    1                                .2

It is not so hard to imagine, that if this question had been asked in 2021 that Lou's results would be totally reversed.  Has any coach ever changed his trajectory so quickly?

Ownership   5 (most confident)    8.4
                    4                            40.2
                    3                            38.9
                    2                            10.2
                    1                              2.2

It will take more than 1 really good season for anyone to feel truly comfortable with this ownership group

The right decisions will be made
                    5 (most confident)    6.6
                    4                            46.2
                    3                            37.5
                    2                              7.8
                    1                              1.9

asking this question during the Jessie Bates (non) negotiations may have tilted the responses a bit

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I would really like to know how much Duke calls the shots on the draft picks ? I think a 4 is about all I can give him.

Zac umm I wanted him gone bad when Joe got hurt, BAD. I've done a 180 as have most folks I believe. I'll give him a 4 until we see where it goes from here.

Lou, I need to see more this season as well. Another 4

Ownership has went leaps and bounds forward last couple years. I'm gonna say 4.5

Right decision? I'm feeling better solid 4.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I give em a complete 5 that within a few years JoeyB will leave in free agency and they fail to sign great players to long term deals.. Not that I don't trust them or anything. To the contrary.. I DO trust they'll eventually do exactly what  said..  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Who is the capologist? Is it Katie? Tre Waynes, Riley Reiff, Cordy Glenn, Preston Wilson we have had success recently but we have had total failures. Oy yeah worst of all I remember Antonio Bryant.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 04:36 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Who is the capologist? Is it Katie? Tre Waynes, Riley Reiff,  Cordy Glenn, Preston Wilson we have had success recently but we have had total failures. Oy yeah worst of all I remember Antonio Bryant.

Katie is the cap guru

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
One thing I've changed my mind on completely is the ability of a single player to turn the tone and prospects of a franchise around so quickly.

For years it's been my belief that a well-built, complete roster with an average to above average quarterback can win at the highest level in this league. It's happened, but not very often. We had this with Andy for a few seasons and won a lot, but never sealed the deal.

One elite quarterback has taken this franchise from arguably it's lowest point since the lost decade to a scenario where people are inexplicably confident in the people running this team. These are people that the city as a whole has despised for decades. This is a coach that many of us, myself included, were ready to drive to the airport to get him out of here. It looked like the most overmatched staff in football for 2 complete seasons. Lou was the 11th guy interviewed for his job. Now everyone loves him.

I wouldn't have believed it 3 years ago, but I now fully get why teams pay these guys what they do. It's the most important position in professional sports. I've always thought a great roster could lift a decent quarterback to be good enough. Turns out a great quarterback can lift an entire franchise. Who knew, except just about everyone?
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 10:07 AM)samhain Wrote: One thing I've changed my mind on completely is the ability of a single player to turn the tone and prospects of a franchise around so quickly.

For years it's been my belief that a well-built, complete roster with an average to above average quarterback can win at the highest level in this league. It's happened, but not very often. We had this with Andy for a few seasons and won a lot, but never sealed the deal.

One elite quarterback has taken this franchise from arguably it's lowest point since the lost decade to a scenario where people are inexplicably confident in the people running this team. These are people that the city as a whole has despised for decades. This is a coach that many of us, myself included, were ready to drive to the airport to get him out of here. It looked like the most overmatched staff in football for 2 complete seasons. Lou was the 11th guy interviewed for his job. Now everyone loves him.

I wouldn't have believed it 3 years ago, but I now fully get why teams pay these guys what they do. It's the most important position in professional sports. I've always thought a great roster could lift a decent quarterback to be good enough. Turns out a great quarterback can lift an entire franchise. Who knew, except just about everyone?

Yep. For a while Andy was the unofficial Andy Dalton line of starting QB’s. If you had one above him you had a good QB. If you had one below him it was time to find a new one. Joe is a Top 7 starter, and I believe the team will sign him to an extension after this year.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 10:39 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Yep.  For a while Andy was the unofficial Andy Dalton line of starting QB’s.  If you had one above him you had a good QB.  If you had one below him it was time to find a new one.  Joe is a Top 7 starter, and I believe the team will sign him to an extension after this year.

I think Joe is higher than that.  Top 5 easily.  I'd take him above Mahommes or Watson.  Crazy?  No.  Both of those guys rely upon 1-2 reads and run around the pocket, then find an open guy.  Joe is the true pocket QB who studies the enemy, anticipates and reads defenses and stands in to take the hit, while finding the right guy.  He's in the mold (not on par with yet) of P. Manning, Brady and Drew Brees and we are beyond lucky to have him.

I also believe we will sign him to an extension ASAP, and the organization will do everything they have to do to keep him.
Reply/Quote