Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Bengal Arrested
(07-18-2022, 09:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Same here. I used to be a bit of a hothead, but it’s just not worth it. I watch a channel on YouTube called Active Self Protection, and the amount of videos I’ve seen of people shooting and killing each other over road rage, or neighbor disputes, etc is just insane. A few of the clips will haunt me forever.

Did you see the one where a couple was out shoveling and harrassing their neighbor across the street? Dude went inside, got his gun and shot them both down in the street, finishing them both off on his way back into his house. 

It was brutal. I watched it about 10 times. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 10:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Did you see the one where a couple was out shoveling and harrassing their neighbor across the street? Dude went inside, got his gun and shot them both down in the street, finishing them both off on his way back into his house. 

It was brutal. I watched it about 10 times. 

Yep. That’s one that haunts me the most. The fact that there was sound made it so much worse. I believe dude was a vet with PTSD.

All over some damn snow.

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 01:04 PM)basballguy Wrote: This dude pulled a gun on two cops in Florida and lived to tell about it.  

Sounds like he's already achieved more off the field than he ever did playing.

Rep.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 02:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Two TEs before Tyler Eifert I remember being excited about when they were drafted but did nothing in the NFL:
Chase Coffman
Orson Charles

From the time I first started getting on message boards in '06 until 2010 one of the biggest on-going complaints from Bengal fans was the lack of a pass catching TE.  We treated any TE we signed/drafted the way a man who has been in prison for 5 years treats the first woman he sees upon being released.  It was pathetic.  Remember how excited we got excited over signing Ben Utecht?

Gresham blew our minds in '10, but we still got a little overly excited about guys like Coffman and Charles.
Reply/Quote
Marv could really pick ‘em. Lol
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 07:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Antonio Gates was drafted 6 years before, Calvin Johnson was drafted 2 years before, and Jimmy Graham was drafted 1 year later than Coffman. His career lasted until 2016. He was in a perfect time.

My main memory of Coffman is during Hard Knocks he just didn't seem very bright. You don't have to be book brilliant in the NFL, but you can't be a box of rocks. I also remember a couple people freaking out heading into 2012 that he was going to become a superstar for Atlanta and the Bengals would miss out.

during that hard knocks coffman was playing before fully recovered from his injured foot because all our other TEs were out for the count
Reply/Quote
I think I was the only person not over the moon with Charles lol.

Was never down on him either, but not a huge fan. Sure, I was happy when he'd catch a pass or two, but I never got excited like I did for Eifert, Ceej or will for Hurst.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 08:16 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: during that hard knocks coffman was playing before fully recovered from his injured foot because all our other TEs were out for the count

That doesn’t really account for how bad he was in the film room.

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 09:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That doesn’t really account for how bad he was in the film room.

If they drafted Coffman to be a blocking TE  it was a bad draft pick. lol
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 10:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: From the time I first started getting on message boards in '06 until 2010 one of the biggest on-going complaints from Bengal fans was the lack of a pass catching TE.  We treated any TE we signed/drafted the way a man who has been in prison for 5 years treats the first woman he sees upon being released.  It was pathetic.  Remember how excited we got excited over signing Ben Utecht?

Gresham blew our minds in '10, but we still got a little overly excited about guys like Coffman and Charles.

Oh absolutely.

And that's because of Reggie Kelly.
Dude never put up more than 254 yards in a season, and he only had 5 TDs in the regular season in his whole 12 year career.

Fans just wanted someone at the TE spot who could be seen on more occasion as a 5th receiving weapon instead of always having that spot be a blocking guy.

And yes, it was kinda crazy with Utecht. The guy never even reached 400 yards in a season before becoming a Bengal (although he was playing 2nd fiddle to Dallas Clark), but fans were pumped because they knew he could still put up 350+ instead of the 150-250 that Kelly typically did.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 10:18 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: If they drafted Coffman to be a blocking TE  it was a bad draft pick. lol

Yes.

Anyway, he struggled to comprehend everything, not just blocking assignments.

Reply/Quote
Remember Dan Coats? The dude could block, but couldn't catch. In his defense he played his last Bengal season with his thumb all busted up really bad. I respected Coats quite a bit for that.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 10:18 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: If they drafted Coffman to be a blocking TE  it was a bad draft pick. lol

I don't even really read these threads anymore because I feel like having players with character issues is in our past, but it's a slow day lol

I think I remember being high on Coffman but being afraid he'd get killed because wasn't he the guy that jumped over defenders at Mizzou?

Anyways, this is a team of high character now, so forget about all these clowns that used to play for us!
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2022, 11:20 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I remember having high hopes when we drafted this dude:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/former-bengals-draft-pick-arrested-after-pulling-gun-on-off-duty-officers/ar-AAZHh16

Didn't we draft him in 2012?
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 03:17 PM)grampahol Wrote: Remember Dan Coats? The dude could block, but couldn't catch. In his defense he played his last Bengal season with his thumb all busted up really bad. I respected Coats quite a bit for that.. 

Dan Coats did not have to be a big receiving threat at TE.  We had J.P. Foschi for that.

LOL
Reply/Quote