Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos Dunlap
How can anyone even remotely suggest some mindless pundit with little to no knowledge of the bengals be wrong about anything? After all, aren't pundits the experts on every subject known to the human race? Shocked 
OK, so perhaps I'm being slightly hyperbolic here, but the very term pundit itself has been corrupted to mean mindless idiots yammering away about things they know nothing about. The ONLY reason I'd even consider passing on Burrow in favor of Young is if our entire Dline suddenly died in some freak accident and even then there would be other options available. Then again this is the bengals we're talking about. Stupidity is always on the table with these guys..
On the menu today, good choices, great ideas and then the brown family.. Obviously the brown family is on sale and the special of the day.. Sad
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 03:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man is Dunlap underrated, always has been in my opinion. Dude is one of the most disruptive Ends in the League and has 
shown it year in and year out. For those talking heads to say that just shows you, probably ESPN though huh?

I like Chase Young but he disappeared when good teams concentrated in taking him out of the game. We can add another 
pass rusher after we take care of the O-line and Linebackers. Hubbard is damn good too, same with Lawson when he is 
healthy. Draft Joe Burrow.

Young didn't "Disappear" he got tripled team witch opened up the game for his teammates. You put him on this team with Lawson, Dunlap, Atkins, and Hubbard dude would eat or the rest of the sharks would feast. 
Still would rather have Burrow but or trade out but let's not act like he wouldn't have an impact.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Stuff like this is why a lot of us don't put much stock into what the "experts" say about the Bengals.

Big Los is a gamer. The stats are good and all, but what stands out to me is when you see him chase down a play 30 yards down the field from the DE position. I do not see that very often across the league, if ever.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 06:00 PM)J24 Wrote: Young didn't "Disappear" he got tripled team witch opened up the game for his teammates. You put him on this team with Lawson, Dunlap, Atkins, and Hubbard dude would eat or the rest of the sharks would feast. 
Still would rather have Burrow but or trade out but let's not act like he wouldn't have an impact.

Never said or acted like Chase wouldn't have an impact, of course he would.

Just think that for THIS team Burrow would make the biggest impact in a great way. I am sure you agree.

(01-22-2020, 06:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: Stuff like this is why a lot of us don't put much stock into what the "experts" say about the Bengals.

Big Los is a gamer. The stats are good and all, but what stands out to me is when you see him chase down a play 30 yards down the field from the DE position. I do not see that very often across the league, if ever.

No doubt, this has stood out to me for years. Big Los is a great athlete, chases RB's and even WR's down from behind and is 
always slapping at the ball and looking for a strip. Still remember how he just took the ball away from Boldin on that one play
against the 49ers years ago. Love Dunlap, great Bengal.
Reply/Quote
Wonder home well he would do if the Bengals had a great secondary. QB having the ball for one more second is big.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 10:34 PM)Destro Wrote: Wonder home well he would do if the Bengals had a great secondary. QB having the ball for one more second is big.

Well at least we moved on from Daronte Jones to Steve Jackson. That is something that might change this stuff around maybe.

We will see, but I haven't liked what Jones did here since he got here with the secondary.

Hung on to him far too long IMO.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 02:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dunlap may not be MVP of the team, but he is pretty underrated around here.

Since 2013 Dunlap ranks. . .

2nd in the league in QB Hits (Only JJ Watt has more). Carlos is the only player in the league to have 20 QB hits each of the last 7 seasons.
9th in total tackles (4th among DEs)
10th in sacks (7th among DEs)
11th in tackles for loss (8th among DEs)

Yep... He's as good against the run as he is rushing the passer.

I've always appreciated him more because he's not rushing from the blind side, and pulls all this off. Then there's the deflections... Earlier in his career he seemed to constantly make splash plays too. He'd run guys down from behind, and chop the ball loose. I've seen him get interceptions, and watched him juke Tyrod Taylor to score a TD.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Carlos is a player you really notice live

He causes HAVOK. Geno is the guy that’s really fell off lately honestly.

Dunlap is always near the QB
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 10:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Never said or acted like Chase wouldn't have an impact, of course he would.

Just think that for THIS team Burrow would make the biggest impact in a great way. I am sure you agree.

No doubt, this has stood out to me for years. Big Los is a great athlete, chases RB's and even WR's down from behind and is 
always slapping at the ball and looking for a strip. Still remember how he just took the ball away from Boldin on that one play
against the 49ers years ago. Love Dunlap, great Bengal.

Man, don't remember that being Boldin; makes it even more impressive as his hands are among the best of the past 30 years at WR...

[Image: dunlap-recovery-49ers.0.gif]

This one is just insane:

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: bengals-strip-dolphins.gif]

And a couple more:

[Image: ezgif.com-video-to-gif-11.gif]
[Image: dunlap.gif?w=1000]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 02:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dunlap may not be MVP of the team, but he is pretty underrated around here.

Since 2013 Dunlap ranks.  .  .  

2nd in the league in QB Hits (Only JJ Watt has more).  Carlos is the only player in the league to have 20 QB hits each of the last 7 seasons.
9th in total tackles (4th among DEs)
10th in sacks (7th among DEs)
11th in tackles for loss (8th among DEs)
That's actually pretty outstanding considering how many times he drops into coverage.

He started off slow but crushed it the last seven games of the season with eight of his nine sacks.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Thanks Truck for those highlights of Big Los, those are incredible plays. And yeah, it is pretty damn hard to take the ball
from a guy like Boldin like that with his hands. The play against the Phins was like you said INSANE!!! That is a hell of a
long way to chase a RB down like that, amazing athleticism for a guy that big.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 01:19 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Man, don't remember that being Boldin; makes it even more impressive as his hands are among the best of the past 30 years at WR...

[Image: dunlap-recovery-49ers.0.gif]

This one is just insane:

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: bengals-strip-dolphins.gif]

And a couple more:

[Image: ezgif.com-video-to-gif-11.gif]
[Image: dunlap.gif?w=1000]

Against the Colts in 2011 he recovered a fumble and returned it for a TD. He looked like Aaron Jones eluding defenders.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 03:38 PM)jason Wrote: Against the Colts in 2011 he recovered a fumble and returned it for a TD. He looked like Aaron Jones eluding defenders.

Of course; couldn't find a GIF of it though lol

Have it here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000217687/article/making-the-leap-no-18-bengals-de-carlos-dunlap
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 03:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Of course; couldn't find a GIF of it though lol

Have it here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000217687/article/making-the-leap-no-18-bengals-de-carlos-dunlap

I was at the game, but saw a highlight. Kevin Harlan that does a lot of NBA games was commentating. You know how he's excitable? He was yelling about how the big man could run.

There's a pretty good highlights video of him on YouTube called the Great Wall. It doesn't have that play either, but it has 5he pick 6 against Taylor and Baltimore.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
One of the greatest calls I've ever heard, is Harlan doing the 2016 opener between the Rams and the 49ers (when the fan came on the field).

I would DEFINITELY link it, but it's on Youtube and it's blocked here at work Sad.

Beyond hilarious.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 04:30 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: One of the greatest calls I've ever heard, is Harlan doing the 2016 opener between the Rams and the 49ers (when the fan came on the field).

I would DEFINITELY link it, but it's on Youtube and it's blocked here at work Sad.

Beyond hilarious.

When he was the Timberwolves play by play guy he coined the term "With no regard for human life..." when Kevin Garnett dunked on somebody. Funny enough he broke it back out when LeBron James dunked on Garnett one year in the playoffs.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 06:02 PM)jason Wrote: When he was the Timberwolves play by play guy he coined the term "With no regard for human life..." when Kevin Garnett dunked on somebody. Funny enough he broke it back out when LeBron James dunked on Garnett one year in the playoffs.

Greatest call ever! I remember the next day on first take Jemel Hill and Skip were bitching about it because it was over the top. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 06:16 PM)J24 Wrote: Greatest call ever! I remember the next day on first take Jemel Hill and Skip were bitching about it because it was over the top. 

It's is a nasty dunk when you go back and look at it. I watched the clip right after I typed that. I'd forgotten Joe Smith was on the Cavs for a hot second.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote