Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos as a Bengal vs. Carlos as a Seahawk
In 7 games in Cincinnati, Carlos Dunlap had 15 tackles (including 9 tackles in one game, Philly), 4 assists, and 1 sack.

In one game with Seattle, Carlos Dunlap had 3 tackles. 2 assists, and 1 sack.

They still gave up 44 points and got smacked around by Buffalo. Good for you, Carlos.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's a rookie, give him a few games to get into his groove Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 11:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: In 7 games in Cincinnati, Carlos Dunlap had 15 tackles (including 9 tackles in one game, Philly), 4 assists, and 1 sack.

In one game with Seattle, Carlos Dunlap had 3 tackles. 2 assists, and 1 sack.

They still gave up 44 points and got smacked around by Buffalo.  Good for you, Carlos.

It was a little better than that, even. He had five tackles, three TFL, two QB hits and a sack.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 11:22 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: It was a little better than that, even. He had five tackles, three TFL, two QB hits and a sack.

He's playing motivated but so far in Bengals game without him we are 1-0, and in game with him Seahawks are 0-1. Probably the only time we will be winning that, but I'm going to soak it in! 
Reply/Quote
He's playing in a pure 4-3, it's better suited for his talents. A change of scenery also helps.
Reply/Quote
He's back in a 4-3, where he flourishes. He is also at a new place and giving 100% on every play. Let's see how long that lasts before he slides back in to taking plays off.....
Reply/Quote
Skills was never an issue with him. Motivation was.

He's motivated....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 11:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He's back in a 4-3, where he flourishes. He is also at a new place and giving 100% on every play. Let's see how long that lasts before he slides back in to taking plays off.....

Yep
Reply/Quote
Bengals were using Dunlap as an OLB in a 3-4, but he thrived as a 4-3 DE.
Given his size (6'6", 285 lb), Dunlap really should have been used as a DE in a 3-4 with Lawson and Hubbard as the OLBs.

The real big problem the Bengals have is they don't have the DL to run a 3-4, especially with Dunlap gone.
Look at the Steelers for how to run a good 3-4.
Their DEs (Tuitt, Heyward) are both 6'5"+ and 290+ lbs. They have length and size.
Dunlap was the only guy who was close to that (6'6", 285 lb).
Atkins has to be inside, as he doesn't have the length to be on the edge. Same with Daniels, Covington, and Williams.

If this defense wants to stick as a 3-4, they need to get properly-sized DEs.
Or they need to go back to a 4-3, which they were built for by Marvin's crew.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
He still couldnt get heat on Josh Allen when it mattered.
What was Allens stat line...30 of 36...400 yds..1 rushing TD.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 11:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Let's see how long that lasts before he slides back in to taking plays off.....

He won't take off plays for the staff at Seattle.

Dunlap was one of the most durable and productive DEs in the league for many years.  I am sure he will play that way at Seattle also.
Reply/Quote
In the second half of 2019 the Bengals ran a 34 odd front with Carlos Dunlap as a OLB that was one of Dunlap's best years. The problem was Dunalp was half-assing it here in Cincy because they were losing.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:10 PM)impactplaya Wrote: He still couldnt get heat on Josh Allen when it mattered.
What was Allens stat line...30 of 36...400 yds..1 rushing TD.

3 TFL, 2 QB hits, and a sack is a monster game for any DE.

So at least in Seattle he won't have to deal with whiny fans trying to blame him for the teams problems.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 3 TFL, 2 QB hits, and a sack is a monster game for any DE.

So at least in Seattle he won't have to deal with whiny fans trying to blame him for the teams problems.

Well they did give up the most point of any Steve Carroll Seahawks team, sooooo..... 
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 3 TFL, 2 QB hits, and a sack is a monster game for any DE.

ThumbsUp
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:38 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Well they did give up the most point of any Stev Carroll Seahawks team, sooooo..... 

Who's Steve Carroll?

And anyways, he's the best pass-rusher, arguably the best DE in our franchise's history; we know what he's capable of and he's only 31; lots of tread left on the tires.

Half-assing he may have been doing, but they were playing Bledsoe and Liddy over him; come on.

If you're stopping young, promising talent from playing, that's one thing, but play your best player, damnit.

(11-09-2020, 12:21 PM)Synric Wrote: In the second half of 2019 the Bengals ran a 34 odd front with Carlos Dunlap as a OLB that was one of Dunlap's best years. The problem was Dunalp was half-assing it here in Cincy because they were losing.

While true, he still had his hand in the dirt for more than 80% of his snaps.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:44 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Who's Steve Carroll?

And anyways, he's the best pass-rusher, arguably the best DE in our franchise's history; we know what he's capable of and he's only 31; lots of tread left on the tires.

Half-assing he may have been doing, but they were playing Bledsoe and Liddy over him; come on.

If you're stopping young, promising talent from playing, that's one thing, but play your best player, damnit.

While true, he still had his hand in the dirt for more than 80% of his snaps.

Sorry Pete Carroll. Lol. I wasn't entirely being serious. I know he's not the reason they gave up 44 points. But he needed to go. Its one thing to be upset with all the losing, it another to be a baby when you get your playing time cut, then produce barely anything when you play. 

He's better off, we are better off. It was a win/win
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:44 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: While true, he still had his hand in the dirt for more than 80% of his snaps.

If he wanted to play with his hand down he went to the wrong team. Seattle uses a Leo which is an stand up 43 defensive end. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:54 PM)Synric Wrote: If he wanted to play with his hand down he went to the wrong team. Seattle uses a Leo which is an stand up 43 defensive end. 

I didn’t watch the whole game but I saw one series and Dunlap was hand on the ground LDE every snap.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:54 PM)Synric Wrote: If he wanted to play with his hand down he went to the wrong team. Seattle uses a Leo which is an stand up 43 defensive end. 

(11-09-2020, 01:06 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I didn’t watch the whole game but I saw one series and Dunlap was hand on the ground LDE every snap.

I didn't watch any of the game, but the game-rewind on YT and his hand was down on virtually every snap I saw as well.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote